Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Does it matter what Clep exams I take?
Hey everyone,

I’m new here and I want to know if there is a solid map of what exams to take to get a degree? Or does it not matter as long as you have 120 credits?

I’m so confused
It does matter, the 120 credits require certain general education and professional studies or area of studies requirements. Which degree is it you're looking for and at which institution are you planning to attend? From your other thread, it seems like TESU English?

Have a read in the Beginners Guide Sticky, wiki and if you want, get a copy of dfrecore's BA English spreadsheets as the template, mainly using Shmoop as the provider. Use one of your threads as the accountability/progress thread and for asking questions. If you're military or veteran (service people), or if you're close to a testing center, you should use CLEP/DSST.

CLEP is just LL (Lower Level), you will need upper level requirements for the Big 3. I assume you will want a TESU BA English as it's the one dfrecore has mapped out already. Let me find a spreadsheet...
In Progress: Walden MBA | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: Global Management & Entrepreneurship, ASU (Freebie)

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]
Yes, which credits you need depends on which school and degree you choose, and what credits you already have. Also, some people find other methods easier than CLEP. However CLEP can be done for free through Modern States, so it's a great option.

TESU Gen Eds will even be different from other school's Gen Eds so where you go, what you've already taken and what you want your major to be will determine what makes up that 120 credit hours.
MTS             Nations University - September 2018
BA.LS.SS     Thomas Edison State University -September 2017
(01-14-2018, 11:49 AM)Keshi Wrote: Hey everyone,

I’m new here and I want to know if there is a solid map of what exams to take to get a degree? Or does it not matter as long as you have 120 credits?

I’m so confused

You already got good info about how credits are distributed, but I'll suggest you pick one subject/exam that you've never taken in college before but is of personal interest to you - study for and take the exam. Your first exam is a big deal because it helps your dream become a reality. I'm 99% sure that any exam you take will be usable somewhere in a degree, so just pick one and go for it! If you like it, do a second, and a third. While you do that, you'll get your bearings and select a school and degree plan - it will all come together and it takes time and planning. While you plan and figure all of this out, no reason to waste time- get started on your first CLEP.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Courses/Exams at a Cheaper Price and TESU Admissions Question UnbreakablyDetermined 12 4,465 09-09-2018, 08:41 PM
Last Post: davewill
  booking tecep exams shendaddy 4 1,795 08-16-2018, 05:29 PM
Last Post: Kelly Green
Question Can I send CLEP/DSST scores for 2 Bachelor Degrees? elenlushk 3 1,823 08-16-2018, 11:07 AM
Last Post: MNomadic
  TESU Help planning exams for ASNSM in Computer Science theveganmaker 3 1,547 07-27-2018, 10:52 AM
Last Post: theveganmaker
  TESU/ACE/Microsoft Exams AwardTour 10 3,001 07-13-2018, 11:48 PM
Last Post: dfrecore
  Western Civilization I & II CLEP Banker214 4 1,585 07-12-2018, 11:27 PM
Last Post: quigongene
  TESU Question about recording CLEP exams SamCes 5 1,647 06-29-2018, 08:26 AM
Last Post: mdel210201
  DSST Management Information Systems and CLEP Business Information systems vetvso 10 2,572 06-06-2018, 08:41 PM
  Questions about ICCP exams - Calling all IT/MIS Students gus 31 9,039 05-15-2018, 09:21 AM
  To CLEP the Survey of Lit II requirement: are the optional essays really optional? leland.kirk 2 1,220 05-01-2018, 05:26 PM
Last Post: leland.kirk