Thread Rating:
  • 25 Vote(s) - 3.88 Average
ENEB Master Thread
(06-14-2021, 03:18 PM)rachel83az Wrote: I would personally list it as Isabel I and not ENEB. Isabel I is at least a real university. Listing ENEB would kinda be like getting a Georgia Tech Master's through edX and then listing edX on your resume.

Guess it is okay to list I got an MBA from Isabel I on linkedin

(06-15-2021, 03:20 AM)arad Wrote: I contacted UI1 and asked if I can put UI1 instead of ENEB on the CV. Their response:

La Universidad Isabel I certifica los títulos propios que ENEB imparte. Eso no los convierte en títulos oficiales si no que la Universidad certifica que todos sus contenidos tienen la competencias adecuadas respecto a la titulación.
Si lo quieres incluir en tu CV tiene que incluir impartido por ENEB y certificado por la Universidad Isabel I.

Google Translation:

The Isabel I University certifies the own degrees that ENEB imparts. That does not make them official titles but the University certifies that all its contents have the appropriate competencies regarding the degree.

If you want to include it in your CV, it has to include taught by ENEB and certified by the Isabel I University.

I also asked ENEB a few questions:

Why do some people write that they received a degree from Universidal Isabel in their Resume even though they took the program at ENEB?
It depends on each person. As "Universidad" carries the title of 'university', some students prefer to have it like that on their CV, instead of ENEB, that only carries 'business school' in its title.

Has UI1 developed any of the curriculum?
Yes, the curriculum was designed in accordance with Universidade Isalbel I.

is it wrong to write UI1 on the Resume?
No, not necessarily, as stated in answer 1.

Are you looking to get another type of accreditation for your programs (e.g. ACBSP, IACBE, CHEA, IQA, EDUQUA and CMI) ?
Not at the moment, but we are constantly looking for options that we can offer our students.

I find their second answer a bit ambiguous. "designed in accordance" does not mean "designed by". It simply means that UI1 advised ENEB how many topics they need to get certain ECTS.
 Isabel I Master's degree if only write on linkedin should be okay
(11-13-2022, 10:33 PM)soulblader Wrote:
(06-14-2021, 03:18 PM)rachel83az Wrote: I would personally list it as Isabel I and not ENEB. Isabel I is at least a real university. Listing ENEB would kinda be like getting a Georgia Tech Master's through edX and then listing edX on your resume.

(06-15-2021, 03:20 AM)arad Wrote: I contacted UI1 and asked if I can put UI1 instead of ENEB on the CV. Their response:

La Universidad Isabel I certifica los títulos propios que ENEB imparte. Eso no los convierte en títulos oficiales si no que la Universidad certifica que todos sus contenidos tienen la competencias adecuadas respecto a la titulación.
Si lo quieres incluir en tu CV tiene que incluir impartido por ENEB y certificado por la Universidad Isabel I.

Google Translation:

The Isabel I University certifies the own degrees that ENEB imparts. That does not make them official titles but the University certifies that all its contents have the appropriate competencies regarding the degree.

If you want to include it in your CV, it has to include taught by ENEB and certified by the Isabel I University.

Why do some people write that they received a degree from Universidal Isabel in their Resume even though they took the program at ENEB?
It depends on each person. As "Universidad" carries the title of 'university', some students prefer to have it like that on their CV, instead of ENEB, that only carries 'business school' in its title.

Are you looking to get another type of accreditation for your programs (e.g. ACBSP, IACBE, CHEA, IQA, EDUQUA and CMI) ?
Not at the moment, but we are constantly looking for options that we can offer our students.

I find their second answer a bit ambiguous. "designed in accordance" does not mean "designed by". It simply means that UI1 advised ENEB how many topics they need to get certain ECTS.
I'm not sure why there needs to be a distinction or debate over how to write your degree on LinkedIN, Resumes, Business Cards or Social Media profiles. Like any University, there are schools or centers that teach and confer degrees within the University system. The Kennedy School of Government at Harvard, or Purdue Global University (that operates as a part of the Purdue University System) and I can go on. I can't speak for other countries, but typically or traditionally here in the USA, we list the Degree Earned first, dates of study, the University, and then the school (within the University System) last. Example:

MBA - Master of Business Administration
2002 - 2004
University of Pennsylvania
The Wharton School 

JD - Doctor of Jurisprudence
2004 -2007
University of Southern California
Gould School of Law

...so for me, I don't see the debate over how we list our ENEB/Ui1 degrees. I list mine as:

2021 - 2022
University Isabel I of Castile - Burgos, Spain
European Business School of Barcelona 

...an furthermore, don't listen to someone's pejorative remarks to make our degree sound "less than" or fake or whatever term they use to lessen the ENEB/Ui1 degree we all earned. You receive BOTH diplomas from ENEB & Ui1 and should place them on your Resume (and other listings) as such. 

It just seems to me that we are making this more difficult than it needs to be or we are "grasping at straws" to find ways to justify or legitimize something that is already established. In 7 - 8 months of being an alumnus, no one has ever asked, inquired, questioned, or in any way posed a concern over "how I list my credentials" on LinkedIN or otherwise. No one cares! Did you earn your degree from an accredited institution (overseas)? Yes. If applicable, is it validated by a FCE here in the USA? Yes. That's all that matters.
Completed

Doctor of Healthcare Administration, Virginia University of Lynchburg, 2023
MBA, Universidad Isabel I / ENEB, 2022
Master in Business & Corporate Communication, Universidad Isabel I / ENEB, 2022
DiMAP, Diploma in Modern Applied Psychology, Academy of Modern Applied Psychology

In Progress

Master of Arts in Church Leadership, Regent University - School of Divinity
Master's in Project Management, Universidad Isabel I / ENEB 
Master's in Human Resources Management, Universidad Isabel I / ENEB
Master's in Big Data & Business Intelligence, Universidad Isabel I / ENEB
Master's in International Trade, Universidad Isabel I / ENEB
Bachelor of Arts in Liberal Studies, TESU or Excelsior University 

(11-13-2022, 10:41 AM)Dumber Wrote: I will advise you to write only  positive things about Eneb if you want to be here for a while. There are many moderators and senior members with degrees from ENEBs. Although not considered a master's in the USA, you may be able to use the credits in some cases. Almost all non-positive posts have been deleted because they do not meet the TOR.
It was evaluated by WES as equivalent to a Master's degree in the USA (unaccredited), that evaluation was posted right here on this forum, and this has been mentioned to you several times now. Only about 2 or 3 mods and a few members have degrees from there, that's not many.

Posting negatives is fine. Posting untruthful statements and targeting people isn't. When that happens, the mods do the proper job of removing nonsense. I hope the mods continue doing that as well as removing members who continue to perpetrate it.
(11-13-2022, 02:02 PM)FastTrackDegree Wrote: How does the enrollement work? Just get the groupon code and pay, or do I have to do a formal admission process?

Nah. Just get the groupon or use a code from someone from this forum to get the price. You email it to their email address and they'll set you up a student account. It's a customized version of Moodle and entirely self paced/

(11-14-2022, 12:54 AM)eLearner Wrote:
(11-13-2022, 10:41 AM)Dumber Wrote: I will advise you to write only  positive things about Eneb if you want to be here for a while. There are many moderators and senior members with degrees from ENEBs. Although not considered a master's in the USA, you may be able to use the credits in some cases. Almost all non-positive posts have been deleted because they do not meet the TOR.
It was evaluated by WES as equivalent to a Master's degree in the USA (unaccredited), that evaluation was posted right here on this forum, and this has been mentioned to you several times now. Only about 2 or 3 mods and a few members have degrees from there, that's not many.

Posting negatives is fine. Posting untruthful statements and targeting people isn't. When that happens, the mods do the proper job of removing nonsense. I hope the mods continue doing that as well as removing members who continue to perpetrate it.

Agreed. We remove very little, if, any posts. Usually they're spam or blatant advertisements. 

I'm a "moderator" as Dumber stated, that has it. But, I also have another MA from an RA in as well. 

For transparency: Earlier in the thread one individual didn't get an evaluation from their ENEB degree they wanted. So they have been posting negatively about it, regardless if it is working positively for others.
[-] The following 2 users Like ashkir's post:
  • eLearner, FastTrackDegree
(11-11-2022, 05:13 PM)thodeptrai Wrote: My Master in Big Data and Business Intelligence has been evaluated by IEE.
I confirmed it equated to the Graduate Certificate in Big Data and Business Intelligence in the US.
The semester hours for each course is 2.75

Could anyone have the permission update the wiki page for IEE evaluation (https://degreeforum.miraheze.org/wiki/ENEB)?
(11-14-2022, 01:02 AM)ashkir Wrote:
(11-13-2022, 02:02 PM)FastTrackDegree Wrote: How does the enrollement work? Just get the groupon code and pay, or do I have to do a formal admission process?

Nah. Just get the groupon or use a code from someone from this forum to get the price. You email it to their email address and they'll set you up a student account. It's a customized version of Moodle and entirely self paced/

(11-14-2022, 12:54 AM)eLearner Wrote:

Agreed. We remove very little, if, any posts. Usually they're spam or blatant advertisements. 

I'm a "moderator" as Dumber stated, that has it. But, I also have another MA from an RA in as well. 

For transparency: Earlier in the thread one individual didn't get an evaluation from their ENEB degree they wanted. So they have been posting negatively about it, regardless if it is working positively for others.
Yea, that’s the problem with some of the people writing negativity about their ENEB/Ui1 experience. This forum is full of advice and recommendations from so many alumni who try to offer good feedback on ENEB to follow. We’ve mentioned “a thousand” times that each US FCE Company has their own policy; each company has their own hiring practices (relative to ENEB degrees), and each College/University has its own policies as well. 

If you don’t get what you paid for with the FCE Company, that’s no one’s fault but your own. Trying to disparage ENEB is just unacceptable and weak minded! It worked for me and I’ve tried to share my experience to uplift and encourage others to do the same or at least I’ve tried to answer questions for those who need some additional advice or information. 

I am so happy the Senior Members and Mods have done a great job moderating the hate and negativity. Sometimes people just come in here to argue and take out their mental illness or issues on others.
Completed

Doctor of Healthcare Administration, Virginia University of Lynchburg, 2023
MBA, Universidad Isabel I / ENEB, 2022
Master in Business & Corporate Communication, Universidad Isabel I / ENEB, 2022
DiMAP, Diploma in Modern Applied Psychology, Academy of Modern Applied Psychology

In Progress

Master of Arts in Church Leadership, Regent University - School of Divinity
Master's in Project Management, Universidad Isabel I / ENEB 
Master's in Human Resources Management, Universidad Isabel I / ENEB
Master's in Big Data & Business Intelligence, Universidad Isabel I / ENEB
Master's in International Trade, Universidad Isabel I / ENEB
Bachelor of Arts in Liberal Studies, TESU or Excelsior University 

(11-13-2022, 11:30 PM)michaeladsmith2 Wrote:

Google Translation:

I'm not sure why there needs to be a distinction or debate over how to write your degree on LinkedIN, Resumes, Business Cards or Social Media profiles. Like any University, there are schools or centers that teach and confer degrees within the University system. The Kennedy School of Government at Harvard, or Purdue Global University (that operates as a part of the Purdue University System) and I can go on. I can't speak for other countries, but typically or traditionally here in the USA, we list the Degree Earned first, dates of study, the University, and then the school (within the University System) last. Example:

2002 - 2004
The Wharton School 

2004 -2007
Gould School of Law

...so for me, I don't see the debate over how we list our ENEB/Ui1 degrees. I list mine as:

2021 - 2022

...an furthermore, don't listen to someone's pejorative remarks to make our degree sound "less than" or fake or whatever term they use to lessen the ENEB/Ui1 degree we all earned. You receive BOTH diplomas from ENEB & Ui1 and should place them on your Resume (and other listings) as such. 

It just seems to me that we are making this more difficult than it needs to be or we are "grasping at straws" to find ways to justify or legitimize something that is already established. In 7 - 8 months of being an alumnus, no one has ever asked, inquired, questioned, or in any way posed a concern over "how I list my credentials" on LinkedIN or otherwise. No one cares! Did you earn your degree from an accredited institution (overseas)? Yes. If applicable, is it validated by a FCE here in the USA? Yes. That's all that matters.

just to be clear. I have nothing against ENEB, and I'm all in for the degree/ institution.

"I'm not sure why there needs to be a distinction or debate over how to write your degree". Maybe because it's NOT an Iabel degree?! 
"It just seems to me that we are making this more difficult than it needs to be", happens when people deny facts by confirmation bias.

It' amusing to see that even though Isabel says NOT to list it as an Isabel degree, people still insist on listing it as Isabel. We DON'T get both diplomas. The isabel "diploma" only states that they certify the Program of ENEB

"I would personally list it as Isabel I and not ENEB. Isabel I is at least a real university. Listing ENEB would kinda be like getting a Georgia Tech Master's through edX and then listing edX on your resume." it's rather the opposite  Undecided . listing edx would be nonsense because the degree (micro, certificate etc.) is from GTM, not edx. 

Let's say Harvard or Tesu suddenly decide to certify the ENEB degree. Does it make a Harvard or Tesu degree? No.
Should you list your Harvard extension degree is Harvard only? No
Listing Isabel would be similar to listing Northwest Commission on Colleges and Universities instead of your WGU degree. 

let's assume I wrote on my Linkedin MBA from AACSB university.  "no one has ever asked, inquired, questioned, or in any way posed a concern over "how I list my credentials". I guess by your logic I can continue to list it that way??

Isabel, in this scenario, is considered similar to an accreditation organization. Just because Isabel is also a University doesn't make it an Isabel degree. 

Why diminish the ENEB degree by listing Isabel? Don't be ashamed of ENEB!
[-] The following 1 user Likes arad's post:
  • jsd
(11-14-2022, 04:29 AM)arad Wrote:
(11-13-2022, 11:30 PM)michaeladsmith2 Wrote:

Google Translation:

2002 - 2004
The Wharton School 

2004 -2007
Gould School of Law

2021 - 2022

just to be clear. I have nothing against ENEB, and I'm all in for the degree/ institution.

"I'm not sure why there needs to be a distinction or debate over how to write your degree". Maybe because it's NOT an Iabel degree?! 
"It just seems to me that we are making this more difficult than it needs to be", happens when people deny facts by confirmation bias.

It' amusing to see that even though Isabel says NOT to list it as an Isabel degree, people still insist on listing it as Isabel. We DON'T get both diplomas. The isabel "diploma" only states that they certify the Program of ENEB

"I would personally list it as Isabel I and not ENEB. Isabel I is at least a real university. Listing ENEB would kinda be like getting a Georgia Tech Master's through edX and then listing edX on your resume." it's rather the opposite  Undecided . listing edx would be nonsense because the degree (micro, certificate etc.) is from GTM, not edx. 

Let's say Harvard or Tesu suddenly decide to certify the ENEB degree. Does it make a Harvard or Tesu degree? No.
Listing Isabel would be similar to listing Northwest Commission on Colleges and Universities instead of your WGU degree. 

let's assume I wrote on my Linkedin MBA from AACSB university.  "no one has ever asked, inquired, questioned, or in any way posed a concern over "how I list my credentials". I guess by your logic I can continue to list it that way??

Isabel, in this scenario, is considered similar to an accreditation organization. Just because Isabel is also a University doesn't make it an Isabel degree. 

ENEB sent me a diploma from Isabel along with ENEB's version. Including a verification file to utilize on Isabel's actual website. https://ep.ui1.es/validar-documento/form.../externos/
(11-14-2022, 04:29 AM)arad Wrote: just to be clear. I have nothing against ENEB, and I'm all in for the degree/ institution.

This is a tough one because there has been information from ENEB and Isabel itself saying it was okay for students to use only Isabel on their resumes because Isabel has it own degree issued and maintains the student database at their own website.

Technically, in all situations even in the United States, the main University always certifies the program of its connected/affiliated colleges, so no difference there, just in the Spain situation they put it in writing. Different culture, different way of going about things. Some Spanish Universities do this with propios even when they issue the diplomas and transcripts themselves only (San Jorge does this). 

In Spain, because of the way its system is set up to include propios not issued by Universities, they tend to treat their propio teaching schools in the same way.

With propio programs themselves (ones not taught by the Universities), as I understand it, the Universities either develop the programs or approve the programs developed by the teaching school. In both situations, the University is positioned as the "accreditor", and the term "accreditor/accreditation" is often used in these arrangements which confuses people in the United States because that arrangement is not what we here would classify as accreditation.

Some people write Isabel as the main University and mention ENEB as the teaching school. Some only write Isabel, some only write ENEB. From the information I've read (information that has come from both entities), neither entity seems to care. To us this is a big deal, but Spain has a different culture and what we make a big deal about may be insignificant to Spaniards. But, if either school is saying something different now, then things may have changed since the time I read the info I mentioned.
[-] The following 5 users Like eLearner's post:
  • ashkir, collegecareerstudent, Messdiener, michaeladsmith2, rachel83az
(11-11-2022, 05:13 PM)thodeptrai Wrote: My Master in Big Data and Business Intelligence has been evaluated by IEE.
I confirmed it equated to the Graduate Certificate in Big Data and Business Intelligence in the US.
The semester hours for each course is 2.75

I asked IEE about 2.75 semester credits. They said that they can revise my report to increase the credit amounts to 3.00 (However, I need to pay the revision fee).

Attached Files
.jpg   iee.jpg (Size: 244.88 KB / Downloads: 58)

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Help with ENEB David1477 6 374 Yesterday, 03:01 PM
Last Post: hsufeng
  Has anyone tried recognizing ENEB/UC1 or UoPeople degrees in Australia? ecdw94 11 1,059 Yesterday, 02:52 PM
Last Post: hsufeng
  ENEB to UK top up masters possible? Atoshi 1 131 Yesterday, 11:21 AM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Master degrees hicham78h 1 249 Yesterday, 02:11 AM
  ENEB FOR € 30 bjcheung77 33 2,265 04-20-2024, 05:20 PM
  Graduate Discounts (ENEB, Walden, etc) ashkir 30 25,335 04-16-2024, 11:14 AM
Last Post: dutchdragon
  ENEB - exams MCDL 118 15,289 04-15-2024, 01:19 AM
Last Post: karehiro
  Opinions on Master's International University of Divinity isaachunter 19 6,191 04-14-2024, 07:55 AM
Last Post: isaachunter
Star a JD for JSD: another Northwestern California University School of Law journey thread jsd 33 7,346 04-04-2024, 05:32 PM
Last Post: collegecareerstudent
  Utah Eccles Master of Business Creation (MBC) Jonathan Whatley 0 204 03-29-2024, 07:23 PM
Last Post: Jonathan Whatley