Thread Rating:
  • 25 Vote(s) - 3.88 Average
ENEB Master Thread
How much is revision fee ?
(11-16-2022, 10:22 AM)Cofffeee Wrote: How much is revision fee ?
I checked in IEE website, it's $50.
(11-16-2022, 10:18 AM)thodeptrai Wrote:
(11-11-2022, 05:13 PM)thodeptrai Wrote: My Master in Big Data and Business Intelligence has been evaluated by IEE.
I confirmed it equated to the Graduate Certificate in Big Data and Business Intelligence in the US.
The semester hours for each course is 2.75

I asked IEE about 2.75 semester credits. They said that they can revise my report to increase the credit amounts to 3.00 (However, I need to pay the revision fee).

Gotta be honest, that sounds sketchy on their part. I mean, either it's 2.75 or it's 3. Either they have an official position on these things or they don't. There should be no need for a revision, and even if there is in a case like this, you shouldn't have to pay for it.
[-] The following 1 user Likes eLearner's post:
  • thodeptrai
(11-16-2022, 10:31 AM)thodeptrai Wrote:

It looks like money making side business.  Do not see any other reason why they could not give 3.0 credits straight away Dodgy
[-] The following 2 users Like CatzCrazy's post:
  • sparkling, thodeptrai
(11-16-2022, 11:21 AM)CatzCrazy Wrote:
(11-16-2022, 10:31 AM)thodeptrai Wrote:

It looks like money making side business.  Do not see any other reason why they could not give 3.0 credits straight away Dodgy
The reality is these FCE Companies came up with a scheme to do exactly that! Make money off the multibillion dollar education system. Let’s find a way to streamline foreign credential verification and evaluation into a monetary system where our “recommendations” are key to whether the customer can use their credential at all. And we’ll rope Universities into the scheme where our word is the only criteria for acceptance of these foreign credentials. In the process we can take advantage of people by shaving credits, charging extra for revisions, make the equivalency of the credentials anything we want, and we can even evaluate the credential as nothing/worthless, and keep your money! And we have no real Customer Service or POC to receive challenges or refund requests. We hide behind “emails” and “robot chats” so that our evaluations are final. And if you don’t like it, tough! Find another FCE Company that may give you a better outcome or evaluation that suits your needs.
Completed

Doctor of Healthcare Administration, Virginia University of Lynchburg, 2023
MBA, Universidad Isabel I / ENEB, 2022
Master in Business & Corporate Communication, Universidad Isabel I / ENEB, 2022
DiMAP, Diploma in Modern Applied Psychology, Academy of Modern Applied Psychology

In Progress

Master of Arts in Church Leadership, Regent University - School of Divinity
Master's in Project Management, Universidad Isabel I / ENEB 
Master's in Human Resources Management, Universidad Isabel I / ENEB
Master's in Big Data & Business Intelligence, Universidad Isabel I / ENEB
Master's in International Trade, Universidad Isabel I / ENEB
Bachelor of Arts in Liberal Studies, TESU or Excelsior University 

(11-16-2022, 10:45 AM)eLearner Wrote:
(11-11-2022, 05:13 PM)thodeptrai Wrote: My Master in Big Data and Business Intelligence has been evaluated by IEE.
I confirmed it equated to the Graduate Certificate in Big Data and Business Intelligence in the US.

I asked IEE about 2.75 semester credits. They said that they can revise my report to increase the credit amounts to 3.00 (However, I need to pay the revision fee).

Gotta be honest, that sounds sketchy on their part. I mean, either it's 2.75 or it's 3. Either they have an official position on these things or they don't. There should be no need for a revision, and even if there is in a case like this, you shouldn't have to pay for it.

Yes, I just want to confirm the possibility. I don’t think I will pay for the revision.
(11-16-2022, 08:28 PM)thodeptrai Wrote:
(11-16-2022, 10:45 AM)eLearner Wrote:

Yes, I just want to confirm the possibility. I don’t think I will pay for the revision.

I sent an email to IEE to ask about the possibility of waiving the revision fee. Lucky me, they accept that. Now I’m waiting for the revised version.

Attached Files
.jpg   iee_waived_fee.jpg (Size: 79.23 KB / Downloads: 52)
[-] The following 3 users Like thodeptrai's post:
  • collegecareerstudent, eLearner, sparkling
I think they read this thread and figured it would be a bad idea to charge for something that's totally on them (something that doesn't even make an ounce of sense), and push away potential future customers.

The credit shaving thing evaluators do is as silly to me as how some will drop a person's education level down based on their GPA. How your GPA has anything to do with the level of the degree you earned is beyond me, but if a school gives you the Bachelor's degree you earned by passing their tests and requirements, it doesn't suddenly become an Associate degree because your GPA is low.

As time passes, I'm starting to see more and more glaring issues with how the foreign credential evaluation industry does business.
[-] The following 2 users Like eLearner's post:
  • rachel83az, sparkling
These FCEs, particularly NACES, are making it difficult for students completing foreign studies mainly for immigration purposes and penalties from biases of education systems abroad, IMO. So far, all NACES evaluators who have evaluated ENEB that we know of have either shaved credits, given lower level degree equivalency evaluations, or given evaluations of non-accredited equivalency. WES, IEE, and ECE have all done this. WES being the worst with the non-accredited equivalency!

WES gave my partner from the Phillippines 13 credit hours less equivalency for his courses from an accredited/recognized university by taking one credit away for each course (2 credit hours for every 3 earned and 1 credit hour for every 2 earned) because they wanted to shave the hours to fit a one year time frame from 47 to 34. His school did not accept it so we improvised. IEE came up with the 2.75 credits per course to come as close to the 2 ECTS = 1 US credit (60 ECTS = 30 US credits) conversion as possible. Atleast IEE will correct the shaving for an additional fee. WES and ECE have been called out for shaving and neither of them offered a fix.
Carlton
https://www.linkedin.com/in/carltoncoleman/

Completed Academic Certificates & Degrees
PhD in Education - Azteca Universidad European Programs / University of Central Nicaragua
MEd Learning Systems Technology, University of Arkansas at Little Rock
GCert Technology Innovation, University of Arkansas at Little Rock
BS Mathematics, University of Arkansas at Little Rock
AA, AS General Studies, Pulaski Technical College, North Little Rock
AAS Computer Information Systems, Pulaski Technical College, North Little Rock
Certificate of Proficiency Entrepreneurship, University of Arkansas - Pulaski Technical College, North Little Rock

In Progress Academic Certificates & Degrees
Graduate Certificate in Global Management & Entrepreneurship, ASU - Thunderbird School of Global Management
The revision fee is weird, but basing credits on scores for non-traditional programs isn't unheard of. Some schools do it with AP and CLEP exams. I guess it depends on whether there's a competency or time approach. A time approach looks at whether you earned a satisfactory grade within a course that covered a certain number of hours that can be converted to semester or quarter credits. A competency approach says that, if you earned a 70%, then you only mastered 70% of the material.

Something that I've noticed is that ENEB's programs are worth 60 ECTS regardless of the number of courses. Let's say that 60 ECTS is roughly equivalent to 30 semester hours. That means that each course in an 11-course program is worth about 2.73 credits. In their 13-course programs, each course is worth approximately 2.31 credits.
Graduate of Not VUL or ENEB
MS, MSS and Graduate Cert
AAS, AS, BA, and BS
CLEP
Intro Psych 70, US His I 64, Intro Soc 63, Intro Edu Psych 70, A&I Lit 64, Bio 68, Prin Man 69, Prin Mar 68
DSST
Life Dev Psych 62, Fund Coun 68, Intro Comp 469, Intro Astr 56, Env & Hum 70, HTYH 456, MIS 451, Prin Sup 453, HRM 62, Bus Eth 458
ALEKS
Int Alg, Coll Alg
TEEX
4 credits
TECEP
Fed Inc Tax, Sci of Nutr, Micro, Strat Man, Med Term, Pub Relations
CSU
Sys Analysis & Design, Programming, Cyber
SL
Intro to Comm, Microbio, Acc I
Uexcel
A&P
Davar
Macro, Intro to Fin, Man Acc

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Help with ENEB David1477 6 322 1 hour ago
Last Post: hsufeng
  Has anyone tried recognizing ENEB/UC1 or UoPeople degrees in Australia? ecdw94 11 1,023 1 hour ago
Last Post: hsufeng
  ENEB to UK top up masters possible? Atoshi 1 98 5 hours ago
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Master degrees hicham78h 1 222 Today, 02:11 AM
  ENEB FOR € 30 bjcheung77 33 2,198 04-20-2024, 05:20 PM
  Graduate Discounts (ENEB, Walden, etc) ashkir 30 25,299 04-16-2024, 11:14 AM
Last Post: dutchdragon
  ENEB - exams MCDL 118 15,233 04-15-2024, 01:19 AM
Last Post: karehiro
  Opinions on Master's International University of Divinity isaachunter 19 6,169 04-14-2024, 07:55 AM
Last Post: isaachunter
Star a JD for JSD: another Northwestern California University School of Law journey thread jsd 33 7,345 04-04-2024, 05:32 PM
Last Post: collegecareerstudent
  Utah Eccles Master of Business Creation (MBC) Jonathan Whatley 0 203 03-29-2024, 07:23 PM
Last Post: Jonathan Whatley