Thread Rating:
  • 25 Vote(s) - 3.88 Average
ENEB Master Thread
(11-19-2022, 05:17 PM)sanantone Wrote: The revision fee is weird, but basing credits on scores for non-traditional programs isn't unheard of. Some schools do it with AP and CLEP exams. I guess it depends on whether there's a competency or time approach. A time approach looks at whether you earned a satisfactory grade within a course that covered a certain number of hours that can be converted to semester or quarter credits. A competency approach says that, if you earned a 70%, then you only mastered 70% of the material.

Basing credits on scores is fine (and in this case we're talking about reduction of course) when the approach is as simple and rational as a proper conversion that shows the foreign score would be a failing score domestically. But I have doubt that's the way it's being done across the board.

(11-19-2022, 05:17 PM)sanantone Wrote: Something that I've noticed is that ENEB's programs are worth 60 ECTS regardless of the number of courses. Let's say that 60 ECTS is roughly equivalent to 30 semester hours. That means that each course in an 11-course program is worth about 2.73 credits. In their 13-course programs, each course is worth approximately 2.31 credits.

That would work out fine except one evaluation gave a person less than 30 credits on an 11-course program. That's where they jump the shark. If they really feel they need to do this, then just deem all 60 ECTS programs as equal to 30 credits and call it a day. Trying to concoct these shaving schemes don't help anyone. It doesn't help the evaluator because it makes them look like they're doing some homecooking. It doesn't help the student because that puts them in a state of confusion and uncertainty of what to do with these reduced credits. And it doesn't help the receiving schools because they now have to make an extra judgement on what to do with the credits and that can really be a problem if they're submitted as being below 30 or the school doesn't have a policy in place for it. We know some schools ignore the credit reduction and simply award each credited class on the transcript as 3 credits, but not all schools do that. So then, the student gets screwed.
(11-19-2022, 07:05 PM)eLearner Wrote: We know some schools ignore the credit reduction and simply award each credited class on the transcript as 3 credits, but not all schools do that. So then, the student gets screwed.

My local community college would have done the same thing with my partner in not accepting the evaluation which meant that he would have had to start all over again.  Many international students come over here and decide to attend nursing school.  I've come across many students while working in education who had to start all over again, particularly from Nigeria with some already having a Bachelors degree.  I always wondered why.   On the one hand, I was thinking that schools just automatically did not accept Nigerian transcripts.  Now I see that another reason is these foreign credential evaluators, particularly WES, put many students in a bind with their ridiculous shaving, underscoring, and non-credited/recognition evaluations.
Carlton
https://www.linkedin.com/in/carltoncoleman/

Completed Academic Certificates & Degrees
PhD in Education - Azteca Universidad European Programs / University of Central Nicaragua
MEd Learning Systems Technology, University of Arkansas at Little Rock
GCert Technology Innovation, University of Arkansas at Little Rock
BS Mathematics, University of Arkansas at Little Rock
AA, AS General Studies, Pulaski Technical College, North Little Rock
AAS Computer Information Systems, Pulaski Technical College, North Little Rock
Certificate of Proficiency Entrepreneurship, University of Arkansas - Pulaski Technical College, North Little Rock

In Progress Academic Certificates & Degrees
Graduate Certificate in Global Management & Entrepreneurship, ASU - Thunderbird School of Global Management
IEE seems to be the most favorable NACES option for now, has anyone tried the newer two?
If someone is going to try their evaluations, you may want to try these two instead of IEE.
Just to note, I found out a couple of years ago that IEE charges per evaluation not degree.

Globe Language Services
Member since May 2022
Homepage Link: https://www.globelanguage.com/index.php
Fees (multiple $250): https://www.globelanguage.com/types-of-e...-pg-8.html

Institute of Foreign Credential Services, Inc.
Member since May 2022
Homepage Link: https://ifcsevals.com/
Fees (Comprehensive $220): https://ifcsevals.com/evaluations/

These two options above seem to offer the same thing as well, per evaluation instead of degree.
Another (secondary) option is to check the AICE members if you would like a non NACES member.
Generally, you would want to use the NACES option first: https://aice-eval.org/members/
In Progress: Walden MBA | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: Global Management & Entrepreneurship, ASU (Freebie)

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]
[-] The following 1 user Likes bjcheung77's post:
  • AllThose299s
(11-20-2022, 09:35 PM)bjcheung77 Wrote: Globe Language Services
Member since May 2022
Homepage Link: https://www.globelanguage.com/index.php
Fees (multiple $250): https://www.globelanguage.com/types-of-e...-pg-8.html

Please be advised that Globe Language Services does not evaluate Titulo Propio credentials.
https://www.globelanguage.com/required-d...ountry=195
Hi guys

I just submitted my first ENEB final report

Can I check did I do everything correct?

1. Convert my report to PDF and put myname

ddmmyyyy_Subject_LastNameandName.pdf

2. Send the email to hr@eneb.com, email subject I put: PERSONNEL MANAGEMENT AND ORGANISATIONAL BEHAVIOUR
in the email, I attach the report, and say Hi sir, attach the report for grading.

3. Wait for reply

Is this correct? and how long will the prof get back to me with my grade?
(11-11-2022, 05:13 PM)thodeptrai Wrote: My Master in Big Data and Business Intelligence has been evaluated by IEE.
I confirmed it equated to the Graduate Certificate in Big Data and Business Intelligence in the US.
The semester hours for each course is 2.75

I got the revised version. Now the semester hours for each course is 3.

Attached Files
.jpg   sem_hrs_updated.jpg (Size: 225.83 KB / Downloads: 112)
[-] The following 4 users Like thodeptrai's post:
  • eLearner, JPN, novadar, sparkling
(11-22-2022, 01:34 AM)thodeptrai Wrote:
(11-11-2022, 05:13 PM)thodeptrai Wrote: My Master in Big Data and Business Intelligence has been evaluated by IEE.
I confirmed it equated to the Graduate Certificate in Big Data and Business Intelligence in the US.

Great to see that they revised the hours.

Does that change anything in regards to their recognition of the degree as a US Master's vs GradCert?

Congrats.  Good it was done for free. Should be this way
(11-22-2022, 05:09 PM)Messdiener Wrote:

Great to see that they revised the hours.

Does that change anything in regards to their recognition of the degree as a US Master's vs GradCert?

The recognition of this degree from a NACES evaluator will likely remain an accredited Graduate Certificate because the Master Titulo Propio degree itself is not recognized by the Spanish ministry of education.   Having a graduate certificate or diploma recognition with atleast 30 graduate credit hours is essentially a Masters equivalency evaluation without calling it a Masters degree.   Even though these degrees are not designed for entry to a Doctoral program in Spain,  many colleges here in the US will accept this evaluation as equivalent to a Masters for Doctoral entry purposes.  There are at least two forum members who have entered nationally accredited schools with an ENEB degree on this forum using Validential as the evaluator.   I'm sure several will accept IEE's graduate certificate evaluation for entry to other nationally and some regionally accredited doctoral programs as well. Outside of jobs in academia, the Master Titulo Propio degree will be seen as an accredited Masters degree or its equivalent a vast majority of the time.
Carlton
https://www.linkedin.com/in/carltoncoleman/

Completed Academic Certificates & Degrees
PhD in Education - Azteca Universidad European Programs / University of Central Nicaragua
MEd Learning Systems Technology, University of Arkansas at Little Rock
GCert Technology Innovation, University of Arkansas at Little Rock
BS Mathematics, University of Arkansas at Little Rock
AA, AS General Studies, Pulaski Technical College, North Little Rock
AAS Computer Information Systems, Pulaski Technical College, North Little Rock
Certificate of Proficiency Entrepreneurship, University of Arkansas - Pulaski Technical College, North Little Rock

In Progress Academic Certificates & Degrees
Graduate Certificate in Global Management & Entrepreneurship, ASU - Thunderbird School of Global Management
Question 
I'm advocating for my BF, who is having a bit of a panic attack, so I'm hoping to get answers to help ease her mind.

How long does it generally take to receive an email response or receive final project grades when you submit something to the accounting department email?

My BF is close to finishing her degrees from this school, and usually receives an email from the other departments stating that they received her final paper. Some of her last classes for her degrees need to be sent to the accounting department, but she hasn't received a response to her email inquiring about a question or a grade for one of the papers she turned in.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Has anyone tried recognizing ENEB/UC1 or UoPeople degrees in Australia? ecdw94 10 927 04-17-2024, 01:47 PM
Last Post: ecdw94
  Graduate Discounts (ENEB, Walden, etc) ashkir 30 24,793 04-16-2024, 11:14 AM
Last Post: dutchdragon
  ENEB - exams MCDL 118 14,784 04-15-2024, 01:19 AM
Last Post: karehiro
  Opinions on Master's International University of Divinity isaachunter 19 6,095 04-14-2024, 07:55 AM
Last Post: isaachunter
  ENEB FOR € 30 bjcheung77 29 1,804 04-11-2024, 09:53 AM
Last Post: bjcheung77
Star a JD for JSD: another Northwestern California University School of Law journey thread jsd 33 7,296 04-04-2024, 05:32 PM
Last Post: collegecareerstudent
  Utah Eccles Master of Business Creation (MBC) Jonathan Whatley 0 189 03-29-2024, 07:23 PM
Last Post: Jonathan Whatley
  ENEB for FIS Lorvey 6 537 03-28-2024, 07:56 PM
Last Post: Messdiener
Thumbs Up Master in Sustainable Transition - Germany (No Tuition Fee, English, Online Program) kumamon 2 602 03-27-2024, 11:03 PM
Last Post: armado
  Recognition of Execute Master Lorvey 10 586 03-19-2024, 02:31 AM
Last Post: bjcheung77