Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
"Easiest" Statistics and Probability course?
rowan555 Wrote:My son failed the SL course but since it was only $25 he immediately retook it - he said the retake final was fewer questions and found it much easier - he got a pretty high score on the retake after bombing the first one.

He retook it on Saylor or SL?

Thanks for all the advice, btw!
Gymfan15 Wrote:He retook it on Saylor or SL?

Thanks for all the advice, btw!

With SL -he had 4 days left on his monthly membership so i told him it made more sense to re-do with Sl than to take with Saylor since Saylor's finals tend to be more difficult in general. He said the first final was 60 questions and none were the same as on the unit tests. He said the re-take was 40 questions and at least 10 were exactly the same questions he'd seen on the unit tests. He breezed through it and was so relieved.
Here Researching for my son, who has done the following:
Community College: Intro to Philosophy, Fundamentals of IT, English Comp 1
Saylor: Intro to Business, Principles of  Marketing, Corporate Communication
Shmoop: US History 2 (WGU won't accept this)
ALEKS: Int. Algebra, College Algebra
Study.com: Personal Finance, Principles of Finance, HR Management, Global Business, Advanced Operations Management
Straighterline: US History 2, Environmental Science, US History, Microeconomics, Macroeconomics, English Comp 2, Principles of Management, Business Law, Business Ethics, Psychology, Organizational Behavior, Accounting 1,Communication, Managerial Accounting, Statistics
Ed4Credit: Managing Information Systems
Sophia: Project Management
WGU: Bachelors in HR Management 

Second son is currently attending Penn Foster for his high school diploma, then on to Ashworth for An Associates in Criminal Justice
Good information rowan555. I was unaware of there being fewer questions on a retake. This should be seen as another value compared to Study.com, Clep & Saylor. Also, per your information, it looks like there was no waiting period for the retake either. That's a huge plus if someone is on a tight deadline.

Congratulations to your son on knocking down those credits!
PhD, Leadership, University of the Cumberlands - What Have I Done!!?!!
MBA, Healthcare Management, Western Governors University - in progress
MS, Management and Leadership, Western Governors University - 2017
BS, Business Administration, Thomas Edison State University - 2016

RANSOMSOUL: Exchange Good For Great

The Ultimate Route to Earning a Bachelor's Degree in Business: A StraighterLine Success Story
RANSOMSOUL Wrote:Good information rowan555. I was unaware of there being fewer questions on a retake. This should be seen as another value compared to Study.com, Clep & Saylor. Also, per your information, it looks like there was no waiting period for the retake either. That's a huge plus if someone is on a tight deadline.

Congratulations to your son on knocking down those credits!

Thanks - and yes - he enrolled in the course again the same day he bombed the final and started knocking out the tests either that evening or the next morning. No waiting period at all. I really do recommend taking that route if you have the days left on your SL membership, or if you plan to sign up with them again later on. I would bet big money that's monumentally easier than trying to take the Saylor final where 100% of your score is based on the final.
Study.com: Personal Finance, Principles of Finance, HR Management, Global Business, Advanced Operations Management
Straighterline: US History 2, Environmental Science, US History, Microeconomics, Macroeconomics, English Comp 2, Principles of Management, Business Law, Business Ethics, Psychology, Organizational Behavior, Accounting 1,Communication, Managerial Accounting, Statistics

Second son is currently attending Penn Foster for his high school diploma, then on to Ashworth for An Associates in Criminal Justice
Saylor's statistics course (the non-business one; I don't recall offhand if it's called Intro to Statistics or Principles of Statistics) is less about doing the math and more about the statistics concepts.
-Rachel

BS in Interdiscipl. Studies (Health Sci. + Beh. Sci. [Coaching] + Business) at Liberty U

Liberty U: 36 cred finished

LU ICE exam:
4 cred
Christopher Newport U:
2 cred
Amer. Coll. of Healthcare Sciences: 52 cred (+14 non-transferable)
Study.com: Pers Fin, Amer Gov
Shmoop: Bible as Lit, Lit in Media
SL: Bus. Ethics, IT Fundamentals, Intro to Religion, Intro to Comm, Intro to Sociology, Surv of World History, Engl Comp I&II

TECEP: Intro to Critical Reasoning (didn't transfer)
ALEKS: Intro Stats
I took the into to stat via Aleks and got a 81. 70% of the test is 81.2. I sent in my score to ace but was wondering if I'll get the credit or should I retake the test?
Hey, so I was originally taking this course to fulfill Liberty University's math requirement, but now I'm planning to transfer over to TESU...I can't find confirmation that this course is accepted anywhere. Is it even worth it at this point, lol? I mean, I'm pretty sure I'm going to fail, and I was going to try Business Stats next anyway, but I guess I'm curious to know if this would even transfer should I pass.
Gymfan15 Wrote:Hey, so I was originally taking this course to fulfill Liberty University's math requirement, but now I'm planning to transfer over to TESU...I can't find confirmation that this course is accepted anywhere. Is it even worth it at this point, lol? I mean, I'm pretty sure I'm going to fail, and I was going to try Business Stats next anyway, but I guess I'm curious to know if this would even transfer should I pass.

The Saylor or the SL? The Saylor one is expressly tailored to TESU's statistics TECEP.
-Rachel

BS in Interdiscipl. Studies (Health Sci. + Beh. Sci. [Coaching] + Business) at Liberty U

Liberty U: 36 cred finished

LU ICE exam:
4 cred
Christopher Newport U:
2 cred
Amer. Coll. of Healthcare Sciences: 52 cred (+14 non-transferable)
Study.com: Pers Fin, Amer Gov
Shmoop: Bible as Lit, Lit in Media
SL: Bus. Ethics, IT Fundamentals, Intro to Religion, Intro to Comm, Intro to Sociology, Surv of World History, Engl Comp I&II

TECEP: Intro to Critical Reasoning (didn't transfer)
ALEKS: Intro Stats
a2jc4life Wrote:The Saylor or the SL? The Saylor one is expressly tailored to TESU's statistics TECEP.

SLs stats course is the same - they use Saylor's material.

Gymfan15 Wrote:Hey, so I was originally taking this course to fulfill Liberty University's math requirement, but now I'm planning to transfer over to TESU...I can't find confirmation that this course is accepted anywhere. Is it even worth it at this point, lol? I mean, I'm pretty sure I'm going to fail, and I was going to try Business Stats next anyway, but I guess I'm curious to know if this would even transfer should I pass.

As per my recent post, the recommendation for you from me is -
TLDR - Take the Business Stats at Straighterline for $59
- it'll save you $ and time in the long run vs taking a couple months at ALEKS and a Saylor exam!
In Progress: Walden MBA | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: Global Management & Entrepreneurship, ASU (Freebie)

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Study.com Statistics? rowan555 16 3,903 02-03-2024, 03:43 PM
Last Post: oh.golly.molly
  SL Business Statistics - is the final open-book? AW84 5 622 02-21-2023, 12:49 PM
Last Post: dfrecore
  Study.com Business 212 business statistics thepoetvd776 1 747 11-24-2022, 09:08 AM
Last Post: rachel83az
  Easiest ACE accredited courses on Saylor cfoster 5 1,402 11-15-2022, 07:50 PM
  Easiest LL & UL Class on Study.com dragonwolf 13 3,599 07-21-2022, 01:30 AM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Best place/easiest for English Comp I? suzycupcake 13 2,361 06-21-2022, 10:31 PM
Last Post: suzycupcake
  Easiest/Quickest Remaining Sophia Courses? bdarei 21 15,558 05-22-2022, 01:40 AM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  What are the easiest & fastest Sophia courses out of this list? cdickerson0601 9 4,786 05-19-2022, 11:40 AM
Last Post: gams007
  Statistics - options now (quick and easy) allvia 5 1,129 04-29-2022, 05:39 PM
  Which order should I take these Study.com Classes from easiest to most difficult? mohelena02 7 2,301 12-15-2021, 06:05 PM
Last Post: Pats20