Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Ed4credit
cookderosa Wrote:IF you're referring to me, the 2 issues I commented about were having "a syllabus that doesn't match the requirements, and hand-written notes" being the required format for the exam. I didn't bring up Straighterline, the creator of this thread did, so not sure who you're mad at. Either way, the purpose of any thread is to bring forward issues AND solutions for the benefit of the membership.

I'm not mad at anyone or anything. It was the tone that the thread was taking that I found annoying. As if "ugh" is a valid remark. Time to move on.
USNY Regents College - BS Liberal Arts (Concentration in Sociology) 1987
Our module exams are not timed and you are allowed 3 attempts to achieve your highest score. The final module of this course consists of a one hour, 50 question, cumulative, proctored exam through ProctorU. You must achieve a score of 50% on the final exam to pass. Unlike the other module exams, the final cannot be taken more than once. If you need to take the final exam again, you must re-purchase the entire course. A minimum 70% cumulative score in the course is required to pass the course. This means you can fail a quiz, but still pass the course if you achieve a 70% cumulative score. All exams and quizzes are weighted equally.

This can be found on their FAQ page.
I just completed my final exam for their Literature 105.

I was able to use computer printed notes (I made one page, the warning says you can have multiple).

The final is structured just like a SL or (I'm guessing) any other moodle-style test, and same as the topic quizzes.

One hour, but I didn't need it.

Did the course feedback, tried to add the course to my ACE, but ACE said it can't be done by me, E4C has to report it. They did email me a certificate for it, though.

Now, all I have to do is finish writing a research paper and take a final for their English Comp II and I'll be happy to answer questions then.
Angel 
Bachelor of Arts in Liberal Studies Thomas Edison State University 2018
Cert in Emergency Management -
Three Rivers CC 2017
Cert in Basic Police Ed - Walters State CC 1996

Current Goal: new job
Working on: securing funding I don't have to pay back for a Masters.
Up Next: Toying with Masters Programs
Finished: First Degree

Older Experience with: PLA / Portfolios, RPNow, Proctor U, ACE, NCCRS, DAVAR Academy (formerly Tor), Straighterline, TESU, Ed4Credit, Study.com, The Institutes, Kaplan, ALEKS, FEMA IS, NFA IS, brick & mortar community colleges, LOTS of vocational schools...

My list of academic courses:
link

High_Order1 Wrote:I just completed my final exam for their Literature 105.

I was able to use computer printed notes (I made one page, the warning says you can have multiple).

The final is structured just like a SL or (I'm guessing) any other moodle-style test, and same as the topic quizzes.

Did the course feedback, tried to add the course to my ACE, but ACE said it can't be done by me, E4C has to report it. They did email me a certificate for it, though.

Now, all I have to do is finish writing a research paper and take a final for their English Comp II and I'll be happy to answer questions then.

So you can use typed notes? Is it allowed? I am afraid my daughter will bring typed notes for the final and they will say she can't use it. She prefers typing.
What materials are permitted on your final exams?

You are allowed to bring scratch paper and any notes you have taken. For the math and chemistry finals, you are allowed a physical calculator, computer calculators are not allowed. All other learning materials are prohibited.

https://ed4credit.com/frequently-asked-questions
KenJ Wrote:What materials are permitted on your final exams?

You are allowed to bring scratch paper and any notes you have taken. For the math and chemistry finals, you are allowed a physical calculator, computer calculators are not allowed. All other learning materials are prohibited.

https://ed4credit.com/frequently-asked-questions

I guess that includes typed notes since it's not specified here.
The typed note thing is very new.

This board helped bring that about.
Angel 
Bachelor of Arts in Liberal Studies Thomas Edison State University 2018
Cert in Emergency Management -
Three Rivers CC 2017
Cert in Basic Police Ed - Walters State CC 1996

Current Goal: new job
Working on: securing funding I don't have to pay back for a Masters.
Up Next: Toying with Masters Programs
Finished: First Degree

Older Experience with: PLA / Portfolios, RPNow, Proctor U, ACE, NCCRS, DAVAR Academy (formerly Tor), Straighterline, TESU, Ed4Credit, Study.com, The Institutes, Kaplan, ALEKS, FEMA IS, NFA IS, brick & mortar community colleges, LOTS of vocational schools...

My list of academic courses:
link

I liked Ed4Credits Facebook page and noticed they put all of their current coupons on there. Their current one is Shamrock2017 and its 20% off. They had one for Presidents Day too.

Just thought I would share this with you all Smile
High_Order1 Wrote:I just completed my final exam for their Literature 105.

Have you done a review of their English Comp courses? I would like to know about the written assignments (how many, what types, etc.). I would also like to know how quick the turnaround time is on grading. Thanks!
Completed: 
TESU BA Social Sciences, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited)
WGU MBA in Healthcare Management (ACBSP Accredited)
In Progress: Creighton University PharmD

KenJ Wrote:You are allowed to bring scratch paper and any notes you have taken. For the math and chemistry finals, you are allowed a physical calculator, computer calculators are not allowed. All other learning materials are prohibited. [from] https://ed4credit.com/frequently-asked-questions

This "any notes you have taken"....could you elaborate on that, ED4Credit? Is there a page number limit as to how many notes are allowed? I tend to take lots of notes... I'm glad to know they can be typed now. My main reason for wanting this clarified is because we're dealing with proctoru here and their unpredictable proctors! If more than one page of typed notes is allowed, can you specify so in the syllabus and in the on-screen requirements that the proctor will see?

Btw, I'm beginning to think my course choice of microeconomics was not the best choice I could have made with the BUS421 capstone looming ahead; microeco is not exactly a course you can easily cram. :ack:
BSBA Accounting at TESU - 121/121
Graduated June 2018!

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  ACE Badges - Ed4Credit Toastmaster 7 1,326 01-20-2021, 12:40 AM
Last Post: Toastmaster
Exclamation Ed4Credit - Acclaim - Credly Problem Toastmaster 14 2,487 12-21-2020, 11:03 AM
Last Post: Toastmaster
  Alternative ed4credit lab? Faceparade 2 798 05-27-2020, 12:29 AM
Last Post: dfrecore
  Remove Ed4Credit? Clepper43 6 1,575 02-12-2020, 10:19 PM
Last Post: jsd
  Ed4Credit is Gone jamshid666 17 4,120 01-11-2020, 08:42 AM
Last Post: Learnfordegree
  Ed4Credit Notice shadowgem 9 2,047 11-05-2019, 12:40 PM
Last Post: 22gunsonfire
  Review of Ed4Credit course dfrecore 3 3,134 06-24-2019, 01:21 AM
Last Post: dfrecore
  Are Ed4Credit Courses Pass/Fail or GPA? retro 10 2,083 05-26-2019, 09:56 AM
Last Post: mysonx3
  Ed4Credit.com has 27 new ACE approved courses OnlineStudent011320 95 11,506 03-07-2019, 07:00 PM
Last Post: eriehiker
  UL at ed4credit bnm 3 1,131 12-22-2018, 09:35 AM
Last Post: cookderosa