Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Editing and other questions
I noticed that system allows you to edit but is this limited to time restraints and is it limited to the first subject of the post? For example, I noticed I had ability to edit most of my postings but if they were posted like 3 or 4 days later, you can't edit them. Nor I don't seem to be able to edit a new posting starter. I also noticed this.....What if you detect something and wish to edit it? Is this possible?

You may post new threads......BB code is On
You may post replies......Smilies are On
You may post attachments......... [IMG] code is On
You may edit your posts........HTML code is Off

Trackbacks are On

Also, I noticed sometimes the post are in numbered in order from bottom to top? How do I get this to read from top to bottom. It's confusing at times.
Not sure the exact time limit, but you're right, it doesn't allow us to edit the posts after so long.

As far as the posts numbered in order from bottom to top, you can go to your settings (upper right hand corner), go to general settings (lower left), and scroll though till you find Thread Display Options and change the default.

One of the questions I've always had is why are all the "views" on each thread messed up? By messed up, I mean that they always have just one more then the # posts in the thread. It looks like it used not to be this way.
Publius Wrote:Not sure the exact time limit, but you're right, it doesn't allow us to edit the posts after so long.

As far as the posts numbered in order from bottom to top, you can go to your settings (upper right hand corner), go to general settings (lower left), and scroll though till you find Thread Display Options and change the default.

One of the questions I've always had is why are all the "views" on each thread messed up? By messed up, I mean that they always have just one more then the # posts in the thread. It looks like it used not to be this way.

I believe the time limit is currently 24 hours to edit any post. (That was changed some time ago, and it may be different at other forums.) The only thing that can't be edited once they are started is the main thread title.

Good advice on display options.

I wondered if I was the only one who had trouble with the views count. That changed when the forum was upgraded (added Like, friends, etc.) about a year ago.
AS in 2010 and BS in 2013 at Excelsior College - Transcripts and Costs
MS Biostatistics in 2019 at Texas A&M University - Graduate School

Sharing Credit-by-Exam*
Resources Used - 20+ Exams Passed & General GRE
Practice Tests - Available for CLEP and DSST

* Link posted with permission from forum admin; thank you!

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  FREE editing and video production software bjcheung77 11 3,399 11-20-2021, 06:01 PM
Last Post: Eneys
  Questions re: ethics and computer network retraining SweetSecret 2 1,006 03-27-2020, 09:55 AM
Last Post: SweetSecret
  FREE Udemy - PMP 2020 Practice tests - 6th Edition - 600 questions bjcheung77 2 1,165 01-03-2020, 11:28 AM
Last Post: doom
  FREE Udemy - PMP Practice tests 6th Edition - 500 questions+explanations bjcheung77 7 1,723 12-03-2019, 03:49 PM
Last Post: allvia
  Editing a_dblu 1 905 04-19-2018, 05:27 PM
Last Post: jsd
  Weird interview questions Sparklette 10 2,407 03-23-2018, 01:45 PM
Last Post: Sparklette
  Audio/Video Editing Software Recommendation bjcheung77 5 1,292 03-07-2017, 12:56 AM
Last Post: sanantone
  Homeschool 4th Grade Curriculum Questions... mrs.b 21 2,454 04-13-2013, 02:07 PM
Last Post: mrs.b
  Company Name Trademark Questions taylor 3 1,353 03-12-2013, 02:14 AM
Last Post: taylor
  Losing my Job questions! Bob 23 2,223 01-13-2012, 07:26 AM
Last Post: ryoder