Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Excelsior Liberal Arts Degree Plan- How does it look?
Can you guys take a look at my degree plan, and let me know what you think? I'm not sure about one of my concentrations. Is Safety Management an approved area of focus, or do you guys suggest calling it something else? Also, I think the second area of focus should be Psychology. Anyway, any inputs or advice would be appreciated. The degree plan is in .doc format (Microsoft Word).

Attached Files
.doc   Less than 1 minute ago">degree plan.doc (Size: 16 KB / Downloads: 39)
Hi!

I haven't looked at your plan, but I did want to comment on your Area of Focus choices. It is optional at EC, and it is 15 LL and 6 UL credits. It seems that even if you can get that number of credits, EC does not always offer an Area of Focus in a certain subject. For instance, through the Biochemistry GRE I completed a depth but I was not awarded an Area of Focus because it wasn't on the list of approved subjects. They have Biology, Chemistry, and other sciences but not Biochemistry.

This page has a list of some of the depths allowed:

Liberal Arts Bachelors FAQ - excelsior.edu

The Liberal Arts catalog also mentions subjects like these (not exhaustive) for an Area of Focus:

Administrative/Management Studies, Computer Information Science, Criminal Justice/Protective Services, Earth Science, Health Professions, Religious Studies

I guess this is just a really long way of saying to check with EC, if you haven't already found the same successful example on the forum.
AS in 2010 and BS in 2013 at Excelsior College - Transcripts and Costs
MS Biostatistics in 2019 at Texas A&M University - Graduate School

Sharing Credit-by-Exam*
Resources Used - 20+ Exams Passed & General GRE
Practice Tests - Available for CLEP and DSST

* Link posted with permission from forum admin; thank you!
Thank you very much for the link. It seems like Military Science would be the best area of focus for my classes.

NAP Wrote:Hi!

I haven't looked at your plan, but I did want to comment on your Area of Focus choices. It is optional at EC, and it is 15 LL and 6 UL credits. It seems that even if you can get that number of credits, EC does not always offer an Area of Focus in a certain subject. For instance, through the Biochemistry GRE I completed a depth but I was not awarded an Area of Focus because it wasn't on the list of approved subjects. They have Biology, Chemistry, and other sciences but not Biochemistry.

This page has a list of some of the depths allowed:

Liberal Arts Bachelors FAQ - excelsior.edu

The Liberal Arts catalog also mentions subjects like these (not exhaustive) for an Area of Focus:

Administrative/Management Studies, Computer Information Science, Criminal Justice/Protective Services, Earth Science, Health Professions, Religious Studies

I guess this is just a really long way of saying to check with EC, if you haven't already found the same successful example on the forum.
mm1988 Wrote:Thank you very much for the link. It seems like Military Science would be the best area of focus for my classes.

You're welcome!

A depth in Military Science is 9 LL and 3 UL credits. Since you want an Area of Focus (15 LL and 6 UL), send them a note and ask if it is allowed/available. Since there are many members of the military on this forum, I'm sure others would be interested in knowing about this, too.
AS in 2010 and BS in 2013 at Excelsior College - Transcripts and Costs
MS Biostatistics in 2019 at Texas A&M University - Graduate School

Sharing Credit-by-Exam*
Resources Used - 20+ Exams Passed & General GRE
Practice Tests - Available for CLEP and DSST

* Link posted with permission from forum admin; thank you!

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  What do i Do if an application asks for GPA with a degree from the Big 3? Crt 5 3,261 09-19-2018, 08:54 AM
Last Post: Johmford
  TESU Liberal Studies with Concentration Class Options Jenna.C 2 2,639 09-17-2018, 11:25 AM
Last Post: Jenna.C
  Transfer Credit towards degree @ TESU Supermind 2 2,897 09-14-2018, 03:30 PM
Last Post: dfrecore
  Help with figuring out TESU History Degree plan AJay5595 10 3,407 09-06-2018, 10:56 AM
Last Post: BAngieB
  Associates degree in Business - Options? allen3373 9 2,708 09-04-2018, 02:57 PM
Last Post: cookderosa
  My Technical Studies Degree Plan SRES 17 4,964 08-31-2018, 12:23 AM
  BSBA in Finance Degree Plan from TESU UnbreakablyDetermined 2 2,798 08-30-2018, 11:22 PM
Last Post: Luiscastaneda25
  Has anyone been overlooked for a degree Crt 21 5,102 08-29-2018, 12:06 PM
Last Post: jsd
  Advice on Choosing a Degree Program UnbreakablyDetermined 3 1,991 08-26-2018, 08:06 PM
  COSC 2nd Degree Plan mb232627 5 2,358 08-24-2018, 12:55 AM
Last Post: mb232627