Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Failed Advertising TECEP
I failed the Advertising TECEP, getting only 55 of the questions right. Unfortunately I need to finish everything (except the capstone) this month, so I don’t think I can retake the TECEP in August. What should I do now? Any ideas?

Attached Files
.pdf   nerd TESU BSBA GenMan.pdf (Size: 318.5 KB / Downloads: 25)
117/120 credits towards a BSBA General Management degree from TESU.
can you do a course to bump organizational behavior into the AOS?
There are a ton of Study.com courses you can take. Your attachment is super small so I can't read it, and I can't tell why you crossed out some courses. But there are literally 30+ courses that will fit in your AOS. What are you looking for?
TESU BSBA/HR 2018 - WVNCC BOG AAS 2017 - GGU Cert in Mgmt 2000
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA
(06-15-2018, 08:16 PM)jjsafari Wrote: can you do a course to bump organizational behavior into the AOS?

What do you mean?

dfrecore: the ones that are crossed out are done. The weird format is due to me losing the original excel document, so I've been annotating a PDF copy I have.
Here's the one I had made for you.

Attached Files
.xlsx   nerd TESU BSBA GenMan.xlsx (Size: 69.46 KB / Downloads: 8)
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA
[-] The following 1 user Likes dfrecore's post:
  • nerd
Interesting. I've updated the Excel document to properly show where I'm at, and for some reason it's showing that I have 109 credits earned when I only have 105 applied. Everything is transferred in, so I'm not sure how that happened. I've uploaded both the updated degree plan and academic evaluation for reference.

Attached Files
.xlsx   nerd TESU BSBA GenMan 2.xlsx (Size: 56.95 KB / Downloads: 4)
.pdf   Evaluation.pdf (Size: 124.09 KB / Downloads: 15)
Your spreadsheet doesn't match the eval in some places, I would move stuff around to match the eval, and then see what you need to do.  For instance, you show the Business & Society DSST as meeting the International Business requirement, but TESU put it up in Gen Ed Electives.  You need to ask if they'll move it (for some reason, I think they stopped accepting it there a while ago, but I could be wrong).

I don't see where Intro to Business, Insurance Ethics, and Cybersecurity for Everyone is listed on the eval.  Maybe I missed those?

Also, tell me what you took that they brought in as LAS-321 and LDR-305 so I can update my spreadsheet, if you wouldn't mind?
Who should I contact to ask that the Business & Society test be moved? enrolled@tesu.edu? Edit: I've since sent a request for it to be moved to this email.

Apparently I hadn’t sent TESU a transcript from ACE since I added Insurence Ethics and Cyber Security for Everyone to my ACE transcript. I’ve sent TESU a new transcript, so those two should show up shortly.

I don’t know why Intro to Business isn’t showing up, but I don’t see it either. I took it back in 2015, so there’s no reason why TESU shouldn’t have seen it. I’ll look into it, but I might have to request a transcript for that specific test. Edit: I've just faxed a request to send the transcript for Intro to Business to TESU.

Study.com’s Business 105: Labor Relations was brought in as LAS-321. LDR-305 was what used to be CollegePlus’ Leadership Theory & Practice course (now Unbound’s Signature Leadership Theory & Practice course). I wouldn’t recommend the latter. Tongue
Edit: Never mind.
Okay, I've attached what should be a correctly-merged degree plan document which reflects what my TESU degree evaluation says + the Intro to Business, Cyber Security for Everyone, and Insurance Ethics courses under Free Electives.

A few things I noticed:

First, it looks like if TESU moves Business Ethics & Society as requested, I'll have to take something else to fill my Gen. Ed. requirements (since 20 units are required). I can pretty much take any lower-level credit test or course for this, yes?

Second, I'm required to do 12 upper-level credit courses in the General Management area of study, yes? Unless I'm mistaken it looks like I've done 15 already. So I could just take Human Resource Management (which I don't think actually transfers in as UL credit) and mark this section as complete?

Third, it still looks like I'll have to take another course to fulfill my last required Natural World general education requirement. I'm planning on taking Astronomy 101 through Study.com to fulfill this requirement since it looks fun. Smile

Thoughts?

Attached Files
.xlsx   nerd TESU BSBA GenMan 2.xlsx (Size: 59.7 KB / Downloads: 3)

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  booking tecep exams shendaddy 4 1,752 08-16-2018, 05:29 PM
Last Post: Kelly Green
  TECEP - do I have to wait until the start of a Term to take the exam? Kelly Green 4 1,995 08-16-2018, 09:04 AM
  TESU - apply as non-matriculating student, or TECEP only? Kelly Green 0 1,175 08-13-2018, 05:11 PM
  TECEP - Learning in the Digital Age - where does it fit? dfrecore 5 1,790 08-10-2018, 01:02 AM
Last Post: MNomadic
  Environmental Ethics ETH-210-TE Tecep jawbreakingrr 57 17,537 07-25-2018, 12:31 PM
Last Post: ashtonnewman
  Suggested TECEP's? High Pass Rate? omuneek 2 1,716 06-26-2018, 05:30 PM
Last Post: Ideas
  Error after submitting TECEP test nerd 4 1,872 06-16-2018, 01:13 PM
Last Post: Cheeseburrito
  TECEP to meet residency requirement Dowew 2 1,524 06-12-2018, 01:14 AM
Last Post: Dowew
  Cheapest TECEP sarahrahul 4 1,648 06-01-2018, 10:59 AM
Last Post: davewill
  Does Excelsior College/Charter Oak accept TECEP vetvso 1 1,613 05-30-2018, 08:07 PM
Last Post: Life Long Learning