Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Feeling sooooooooooo defeated w/ this Biology CLEP
sklineho Wrote:The Bio CLEP is a monster, no doubt, but it's doable. Use flashcards and instantcert. Trust me, just know the cell stuff, the kingdoms, phylum etc (Remember the order. The acronym a high school biology teacher taught us was King Philip Comes Over For Great Sex. (seriously, a high school teacher had that in his syllabus). Know basic anatomy of people, plants, and mammals. Know a bit about chromosomes, your meiosis and mitosis etc. The feedback thread here is spot on. Just tough it out, you'll do great.

I only used the flashcards and scored a 68, but the life sciences are an interest of mine.
Graduate of Not VUL or ENEB
MS, MSS and Graduate Cert
AAS, AS, BA, and BS
CLEP
Intro Psych 70, US His I 64, Intro Soc 63, Intro Edu Psych 70, A&I Lit 64, Bio 68, Prin Man 69, Prin Mar 68
DSST
Life Dev Psych 62, Fund Coun 68, Intro Comp 469, Intro Astr 56, Env & Hum 70, HTYH 456, MIS 451, Prin Sup 453, HRM 62, Bus Eth 458
ALEKS
Int Alg, Coll Alg
TEEX
4 credits
TECEP
Fed Inc Tax, Sci of Nutr, Micro, Strat Man, Med Term, Pub Relations
CSU
Sys Analysis & Design, Programming, Cyber
SL
Intro to Comm, Microbio, Acc I
Uexcel
A&P
Davar
Macro, Intro to Fin, Man Acc
I take the BIO Clep today at 2:30 p.m. Please send me your well wishes!?

EEK!
Don't miss out on something great just because it might also be difficult.

Road traveled: AA (2013) > BS (2014) > MS (2016) > Doctorate (2024)

If God hadn't been there for me, I never would have made it. Psalm 94:16-19
soliloquy Wrote:I take the BIO Clep today at 2:30 p.m. Please send me your well wishes!?

EEK!

You got em!! Good luck!!!
I'll send you good vibes. Good luck
Linda

Start by doing what is necessary: then do the possible; and suddenly you are doing the impossible  St Francis of Assisi

Now a retired substitute Teacher in NY, & SC

AA Liberal Studies TESC '08
BA in Natural Science/Mathematics TESC Sept '10
AAS Environmental safety and Security Technology TESC  Dec '12
Does anyone know if they give you scratch paper for the CLEP so you can sketch out things if you need to...for instance concepts for line graphs on data interpretation questions, etc?

Yes, you definitely get scratch paper. They always give me a few sheets even though the tests I've taken don't really require it.

In case the proctor is new or something, just request some and you'll definitely get it.
CLEP
Spanish Language 75
American Gov't 52
A&I Literature 66
Prin. Management 67

DSST
Substance Abuse 453
Prin. of Supervision 450
Organizational Beh. 63
Fund. of Counseling 61

8 FEMA credits
You'll do great.
BA Psychology - TESC

CLEP Biology - 56
CLEP Human Growth and Development - 56
CLEP College Mathematics - 54
CLEP Educational Psychology - 58
CLEP Social Sciences and History - 70
CLEP Analyzing and Interpreting Literature - 59
ECE Psychology of Adulthood and Aging -B
ECE Research Methods in Psychology - B
DSST Substance Abuse - 429
DSST Fundamentals of Counseling - 53
DSST Intro to World Religion - 458
Good luck, but you won't need it! You'll knock it out of the park. Sit in the chair, take a deep breath, and dive in.

And yes, as Sterling said, I've received scratch paper for every exam, including business ones that had no need. Ask while settling in with the start-up login if it's not sitting on the desk already.
BSBA, HR / Organizational Mgmt - Thomas Edison State College, December 2012
- TESC Chapter of Sigma Beta Delta International Honor Society for Business, Management and Administration
- Arnold Fletcher Award

AAS, Environmental, Safety, & Security Technologies - Thomas Edison State College, December 2012
AS, Business Administration - Thomas Edison State College, March 2012
I don't understand how it happened but I ended up with a 62. Big Grin

I used every second of the test to complete it but at least when I finished the test and my heart rate sped up, I started to sweat, and I had trouble focusing on the screen, I knew what was happening to me. :coolgleam:

I can't even describe how I feel passing this exam...according to my calculations there was no way I should have passed it. I'm just absolutely dumbfounded. I will do specific exam feedback later. I think I'm going to need to run a 5K now to decompress. I have a lot of built up tension...PHEW!

But, YAY!

soliloquy Wrote:I don't understand how it happened but I ended up with a 62. Big Grin

I used every second of the test to complete it but at least when I finished the test and my heart rate sped up, I started to sweat, and I had trouble focusing on the screen, I knew what was happening to me. :coolgleam:

I can't even describe how I feel passing this exam...according to my calculations there was no way I should have passed it. I'm just absolutely dumbfounded. I will do specific exam feedback later. I think I'm going to need to run a 5K now to decompress. I have a lot of built up tension...PHEW!

But, YAY!

Congrats! I don't know of many people that go into these tests, no matter how prepared, feeling like they're going to pass. A healthy portion of the ones you might have missed were likely the toss-away questions for future exams, if that's what you mean. Either way, you passed because you busted your rump and did what you had to, so good on you! Don't question the mathematics; the score say's you're done, so you're done!

Hit the pavement, work out leftover anxiety, and enjoy your win! You earned it!
BSBA, HR / Organizational Mgmt - Thomas Edison State College, December 2012
- TESC Chapter of Sigma Beta Delta International Honor Society for Business, Management and Administration
- Arnold Fletcher Award

AAS, Environmental, Safety, & Security Technologies - Thomas Edison State College, December 2012
AS, Business Administration - Thomas Edison State College, March 2012

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  AP, CLEP, IB, vs others - Comparison/Example bjcheung77 0 514 08-11-2023, 12:12 AM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  AP, CLEP, etc - Credit Banking on Credly bjcheung77 2 1,855 09-02-2022, 12:16 PM
Last Post: vintage_jacket
  combine CLEP & ACTFL? defmo 5 856 08-05-2022, 08:58 PM
Last Post: dfrecore
  English 2 CLEP Jennr2z 6 1,327 05-25-2022, 10:02 AM
Last Post: ss20ts
  Prep for College Composition with Essay CLEP ? abs_co 3 1,650 11-11-2021, 07:39 PM
Last Post: LevelUP
Big Grin CLEP US HISTORY II Advice basol007 2 1,286 03-14-2021, 02:14 PM
Last Post: basol007
  Looking for an RA Online Biology II w Lab Fountains of Roses 10 1,642 02-06-2021, 11:42 AM
Last Post: dfrecore
  need to find credits by testing like Clep - but Clep is not available where I live - esh 3 1,241 01-31-2021, 07:49 PM
Last Post: rachel83az
  Cheap and Fast Online Biology Degrees mgmar22 2 1,684 01-09-2021, 07:53 AM
Last Post: elenlushk
  Is the Straighterline Biology Lab Kit Reusalble or Consumable? JaronB34 1 1,293 10-25-2020, 07:08 PM
Last Post: Lydclrk