Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Finished...Thank you!
Greetings all,
Just a quick check-in to note that May 2019 courses at TESU closed yesterday (I took the LIB-495 Capstone and SOS-110 info lit requirement at the same time), and my capstone has already been graded with a 100% on the final project, and a 96% overall for the course. 

I joined this forum in mid-February of this year, having no real previous engagement with non-traditional credit, and having not really fathomed going the TESU route. Thanks to the information on and support of this forum I was able to earn 95 credit hours via StraighterLine, Study.com, CLEP, Sophia, The Institutes, and CSMlearn, which alongside the 6 required hours at TESU and 20 previously earned community college hours, allow me to be graduating with my TESU BALS in September. 

Thanks for being here and making all of this information available, even to the point of advising on Capstone mentors at TESU (shout out to Dr. Otto, for those of you searching for a mentor in the future). I appreciate you all!
Congrats! That's quick Smile

[-] The following 1 user Likes Ideas's post:
  • DeanLewis
(07-29-2019, 09:00 AM)DeanLewis Wrote: Greetings all,
Just a quick check-in to note that May 2019 courses at TESU closed yesterday (I took the LIB-495 Capstone and SOS-110 info lit requirement at the same time), and my capstone has already been graded with a 100% on the final project, and a 96% overall for the course. 

I joined this forum in mid-February of this year, having no real previous engagement with non-traditional credit, and having not really fathomed going the TESU route. Thanks to the information on and support of this forum I was able to earn 95 credit hours via StraighterLine, Study.com, CLEP, Sophia, The Institutes, and CSMlearn, which alongside the 6 required hours at TESU and 20 previously earned community college hours, allow me to be graduating with my TESU BALS in September. 

Thanks for being here and making all of this information available, even to the point of advising on Capstone mentors at TESU (shout out to Dr. Otto, for those of you searching for a mentor in the future). I appreciate you all!

Congratulations!!! That is amazing how quickly you completed your non-traditional credit hours!  That's a lot of hard work and dedication!  You should be very proud of yourself!  Thanks for sharing.
Completed:
The Institues-Insurance Ethics (2cr)                          
Sophia.orgDeveloping Effective Teams (1cr), The Essentials of Managing Conflict (1cr)
CSMLearn- CSMLearn Course (3cr)
TEEX- Cybersecurity 101, 201, 301 (11cr)
[-] The following 1 user Likes Idreamofadegree's post:
  • DeanLewis
Congratulations! Truly commendable achievement.
TESU BALS-Psych. + ASNSM(Math) 

TEEX(6): Cybersec. 101/201/301
The Institutes(2): Ethics
Sophia(2): Ess. Of Managing Conflict, Dev. Effective Teams
NFA(1): Comm. Safety Edu.
GED(10): NAS-131, SOC-273, MAT-121, HUM-101 (1)
Study.com(75): Intro to Psych., Soc. Psych.-1, Growth & Dev. Psych., Personality Psych., History & Systems of Psych., Org. Theory, Library Science, Comm. at Workplace, Intro to World Religion, I/O Psych., Ethics in Soc. Sc., Org. Comm., Eng. 104, Eng. 105, History of Vietnam war, Sp. Ed. History & Law, Diff. Ed., Classroom Mgmt., Foundations of Ed., Abnormal Psych., Rsch. methods in Psych., College Math, Intro. to Geometry., Calculus (6).
Saylor (15): Intro. to Mol. & Cellular Bio., Comp. Politics, Corporate Comm., Env. Ethics, Principles of Comm. 
TESU (1): Cornerstone, Lib. 495 Capstone.
CSM (3): Quant. reasoning. 
Aleks (6): Trigonometry, Intro to Statistics. 

MS-Psychology; Walden University 
GPA: 4/4
[-] The following 1 user Likes Supermind's post:
  • DeanLewis

Fantastic!!! I love reading the "I'm finished" posts, and I'll ask the requisite follow up question, what's next for you?
Congratulations! Great move to join, get those 95 + 6 and finish your degree. Isn't your Masters up next in dec?
[-] The following 1 user Likes lacussucceed's post:
  • DeanLewis

Congrats!!!!!  I wish you nothing but success in your endeavors after this.  I started almost three weeks ago and can’t wait for the day I can make a similar post.  I’m so happy for you!
TESU September 2020 Graduate
Bachelor of Arts  in Liberal Studies with a concentration in Social Sciences

Sophia (3); Institutes (3); TEEX (21); CSM (3); CLEP (12); SL (45); InstantCert (6)Study (21) TESU (6)
[-] The following 1 user Likes BrighterFuture88's post:
  • DeanLewis

Thanks for noting the mentor. Good luck!
OnlineDegree
Intro to Marketing and Strategy ($9) | Intro to Microeconomics ($9)

Study
Intro to Managerial Accounting ($70) | Advanced Accounting ($70) | Managerial Accounting ($80) | Intermediate Accounting 2 ($90) | Intermediate Accounting I ($90) | Cybersecurity Policies & Management ($80) | Management Information Systems ($80) | Data Structures & Algorithms ($80) | Intro to Programming ($70) | Computer Architecture ($70) | Calculus ($80) Database Management ($80)
Systems Analysis & Design ($70) | Discrete Math ($80) | Intro to Operation Systems ($80)

Saylor.org
Intro to Computer Science I ($25)
[-] The following 1 user Likes udi's post:
  • DeanLewis
Wow that is amazing!
[-] The following 1 user Likes SweetsugarNL's post:
  • DeanLewis
(07-29-2019, 12:58 PM)lacussucceed Wrote: Congratulations! Great move to join, get those 95 + 6 and finish your degree. Isn't your Masters up next in dec?

It is indeed, should be conferred Dec. 13th  Big Grin

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  I've officially finished my BA for Graphic Design!! Thank you! mojave 13 1,200 08-21-2022, 09:50 AM
Last Post: carrythenothing
  Its finally finished! withrown 18 2,518 08-15-2022, 12:14 PM
Last Post: withrown
  Finished my Bachelors now onto my graduate sweetcrabhoney 9 1,827 12-31-2020, 03:56 AM
Last Post: Kab
  Finished my first class in years! ms_butterfly 6 1,109 09-20-2020, 03:46 PM
Last Post: LevelUP
  Finished -- thank you! a2jc4life 10 2,859 10-20-2018, 02:27 PM
Last Post: eriehiker
  I have finished all but some of the tests on Study.com Ancapman 8 2,903 12-20-2017, 11:50 PM
Last Post: Ancapman
  "Done" but not finished. Test-o-matic 9 1,953 12-22-2016, 11:24 PM
Last Post: bricabrac
  Finished my BA in Liberal Studies through TESC. Motivation! shanekarp 12 2,056 12-27-2015, 01:23 AM
Last Post: Westerner
  Just finished Straighterlines United States History Ace_King 18 3,029 04-09-2015, 01:17 PM
Last Post: Devanna
  Phew- finished with ALEKS. geissingert 8 1,676 01-09-2015, 11:49 AM
Last Post: geissingert