Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
First Term Free at Walden!
(11-30-2018, 11:15 AM)GoodYellowDogs Wrote: Just looked at the MHA (very quickly, not indepth), but it says Foundations course needs to be taken by itself the first the first term if you start midterm.  That program starts on the 10th, so I'm not sure it you can get a freebie on this.

Need to review in depth later today.

You're looking at the wrong program -

This is the MHA that is available for the free term (it only applies to the competency based version):

https://www.waldenu.edu/online-masters-p...ition-fees

The MBA in Healthcare Management that applies for the free term is this one (competency based version):

https://www.waldenu.edu/online-masters-p...management
Amberton University
- MS Human Relations and Business - 2022
Thomas Edison State University (TESU)
- BSBA General Management - 2018
- ASNSM Computer Science -2018

[-] The following 1 user Likes allvia's post:
  • GoodYellowDogs
I was so psyched about this because they have the competency based MBA but also the social entrepreneurship MBA. I called and spoke to an enrollment advisor who told me the terms are 3 months, and it sounds like the $2,000 is for the first term (3 months)... so a person would need to be able to do the MBA in 3 months. HOWEVER, I asked what the fastest was that anyone had ever completed the MBA in and the advisor (Justin) told me 9 months. So, while I this might be do-able... I am not going to be the guinea pig. If this works out for someone else though I will be thrilled. I also asked what the cost would be to transfer in with a full MBA from WGU and then get the MBA in Social Entrepreneurship from Walden... the total came to just under $15k. Not terrible but more than I want to fork out. Justin did say a person can start on the competency based track and then switch to the social entrepreneurship track to keep the price down to obtain the social entrepreneurship MBA, but the kicker is you still have to take the more expensive capstone.
MBA, Walden University (In progress - 60% done)
2016 TESU, BA-LIBST, Emphases in Multimedia Comm./Human & Social Services
TESU TECEPS: Abnormal Psych PSY-350, Psych of Women PSY-270, Sales Mgmnt MAR-322, Advertising MAR-323, Marketing COM-210; Capstone w/ Ciacco
Other Sources: CLEP, Art Portfolio, 3 Comm. Colleges, 2 Art Colleges,  FEMA, AICPCU Ethics
[-] The following 1 user Likes SweetSecret's post:
  • Ideas
(11-30-2018, 11:28 AM)allvia Wrote:
(11-30-2018, 11:15 AM)GoodYellowDogs Wrote: Just looked at the MHA (very quickly, not indepth), but it says Foundations course needs to be taken by itself the first the first term if you start midterm.  That program starts on the 10th, so I'm not sure it you can get a freebie on this.

Need to review in depth later today.

You're looking at the wrong program -

This is the MHA that is available for the free term (it only applies to the competency based version):

https://www.waldenu.edu/online-masters-p...ition-fees

The MBA in Healthcare Management that applies for the free term is this one (competency based version):

https://www.waldenu.edu/online-masters-p...management

thanks!  I just left a message for them about it - will see if it works for me.
Denise

MS - Management and Leadership, WGU 2022
BS - Liberal Arts - Depths in Healthcare and Psychology, Excelsior College 2014
Certificate - Workers Comp Admin, UC Davis Extension, 1995
AA - Licensed Vocational Nursing and Selected Studies, Mesa College 1989
Certificate - Licensed Vocational Nursing (LVN), Mesa College 1977

Also, someday maybe a MS in Forensic Psychology, just for fun.   Oh, and a BS in Animal Behavior.  And, maybe when I'm 85 a PhD in something fun.

I'm curious to see how this compares to WGU. I'm not interested in their MBA in Healthcare or Project Management, but it does look interesting. Hopefully it works out and they expand it to include other areas of study.

I've really only considered Walden for a potential doctorate down the road, but I'll take a look at this again in a couple months.
Working on: Debating whether I want to pursue a doctoral program or maybe another master's degree in 2022-23

Complete:
MBA (IT Management), 2019, Western Governors University
BSBA (Computer Information Systems), 2019, Thomas Edison State University
ASNSM (Computer Science), 2019, Thomas Edison State University

ScholarMatch College & Career Coach
WGU Ambassador
They can even talk with you on Monday the 3rd and still get you started under the deal.

I'm talking to them about the MHA and the MBA Monday afternoon.

Because I think deciding to change my plan once again with a 24 hours notice is the ultimate way you should choose a Master's program Cool Big Grin Idea
Denise

Also, someday maybe a MS in Forensic Psychology, just for fun.   Oh, and a BS in Animal Behavior.  And, maybe when I'm 85 a PhD in something fun.

[-] The following 2 users Like GoodYellowDogs's post:
  • allvia, MNomadic
(11-30-2018, 04:22 PM)GoodYellowDogs Wrote: They can even talk with you on Monday the 3rd and still get you started under the deal.

I'm talking to them about the MHA and the MBA Monday afternoon.

Because I think deciding to change my plan once again with a 24 hours notice is the ultimate way you should choose a Master's program Cool Big Grin Idea

Sometimes ya gotta jump on those deals! At least there's little to no commitment or financial loss if you decide it's not for you in those initial 3 months and can switch back to one of your other plans(hopefully with a few transfer credits.)
WGU BSIT Complete January 2022
(77CU transferred in)(44/44CU ) 

RA(non WGU)(57cr)
JST/TESU Eval of NAVY Training(85/99cr)
The Institutes, TEEX, NFA(9cr): Ethics, Cyber 101/201/301, Safety
Sophia(60cr): 23 classes
Study.com(31cr): Eng105, Fin102, His108, LibSci101, Math104, Stat101, CS107, CS303, BUS107
CLEP(9cr): Intro Sociology 63 Intro Psych 61 US GOV 71
OD(12cr): Robotics, Cyber, Programming, Microecon
CSM(3cr)
Various IT/Cybersecurity Certifications from: CompTIA, Google, Microsoft, AWS, GIAC, LPI, IBM
CS Fund. MicroBachelor(3cr)
[-] The following 1 user Likes MNomadic's post:
  • GoodYellowDogs
Took 24 hours, but not only did I get my acceptance email a few minutes ago (I will start on Monday -  took the Free First Term offer), they ran an evaluation on my 'unofficial transcript(s)' and I have already completed the first course (WMBA 4990: Business Essentials).  Big Grin

It is technically a 'conditional acceptance' due to them needing my official TESU transcript - which I will send them on Dec 15th, the day after my degree confers. This means that I cannot sign up for another term until they have it - not a problem, they'll have it long before the 3 months ends in March.  What I had to supply them with was the unofficial TESU transcript and the TESU Academic Evaluation (it had far more detail they needed, including the TESU GPA and my BS confer date).   I was able to easily supply them both by using the Full Page Screen Capture add-on for Firefox....oh, and a copy of my resume (that is part of the application process)
Amberton University
- MS Human Relations and Business - 2022
Thomas Edison State University (TESU)
- BSBA General Management - 2018
- ASNSM Computer Science -2018

[-] The following 3 users Like allvia's post:
  • Ideas, mvk, teacher2
allvia, that's awesome! great news! I hope to read more of your adventure as I actually want to compare the program with the WGU offerings. For whoever that is going for this deal, I also hope to read your experience as well. Please update the thread whenever possible, Thanks.
In Progress: Walden MBA | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: Global Management & Entrepreneurship, ASU (Freebie)

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]
I would have preferred a concentration in IT/IS or accounting. I've accepted a tax enforcement position and could have used a degree in accounting or taxation, but a general MBA will have some value in moving to the next pay grade. I chose the healthcare management concentration since I'm more interested in that than project management, and I have mental healthcare experience.
Graduate of Not VUL or ENEB
MS, MSS and Graduate Cert
AAS, AS, BA, and BS
CLEP
Intro Psych 70, US His I 64, Intro Soc 63, Intro Edu Psych 70, A&I Lit 64, Bio 68, Prin Man 69, Prin Mar 68
DSST
Life Dev Psych 62, Fund Coun 68, Intro Comp 469, Intro Astr 56, Env & Hum 70, HTYH 456, MIS 451, Prin Sup 453, HRM 62, Bus Eth 458
ALEKS
Int Alg, Coll Alg
TEEX
4 credits
TECEP
Fed Inc Tax, Sci of Nutr, Micro, Strat Man, Med Term, Pub Relations
CSU
Sys Analysis & Design, Programming, Cyber
SL
Intro to Comm, Microbio, Acc I
Uexcel
A&P
Davar
Macro, Intro to Fin, Man Acc
[-] The following 1 user Likes sanantone's post:
  • Ideas
Does anyone know if there is a cost of textbooks?  Or is it similar to other competency based colleges, with online free resources?
Denise

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Graduate Discounts (ENEB, Walden, etc) ashkir 24 21,032 Yesterday, 01:03 AM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  MIT University just released free online courses. KSoul 0 414 02-14-2024, 04:33 AM
Last Post: KSoul
  List of free graduate credit udi 15 7,610 01-26-2024, 09:16 PM
Last Post: NotJoeBiden
  Walden university richlyblessed 7 1,345 01-02-2024, 09:30 PM
  Any Online Free Master Degree? JesterRigid 15 5,425 09-07-2023, 06:12 PM
Last Post: nykorn
  Chaminade University - Ed.S School Psychology program (Not online, but it's FREE !) nyvrem 9 1,203 09-02-2023, 04:19 AM
Last Post: GameSlinger
  Low Cost / Free online Masters programs from Germany nyvrem 32 11,441 07-30-2023, 03:38 AM
  MBA Programs Walden vs WGU vs Capella blahblahblah88 6 1,447 07-08-2023, 05:10 AM
Last Post: EverSpinning
  Study MSc in Environmental Management for free with the Open University UK HVzR5 3 691 05-13-2023, 02:53 PM
Last Post: HVzR5
  would like to talk to anyone who has taken walden university classes (graduate) TINASAM 8 1,429 05-06-2023, 09:46 AM
Last Post: TINASAM