Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Free Spring 2022 classes at community colleges (residency restrictions NOT specified)
Basically what title says. 

1. Atlantic Cape Community College: http://www.atlantic.edu/news/2021/11/spr...ration.php
2. Imperial Valley College: https://www.imperial.edu/free-tuition
3. Eastern Iowa Community College: https://www.eicc.edu/news4/11-01-2021-free-class.aspx
4. College of Marin: https://es.marin.edu/clear-path-program
5. Community College of Baltimore County: https://www.ccbcmd.edu/Get-Started/Apply...-free.aspx
MSML, WGU 2022
BAS, UMPI, 2021
AAS, Pierpont C&TC, 2021

ACE (119): Sophia, 93; TEEX, 5; SDC, 12; ACTFL, 6
RA (50): ASU, 8; ONU, 3; UMPI, 39
NA (16) : UoPeople, 16
Other: ENEB/Isabel I, MBA (2021)
Also dropped a gazillion of classes!!

Family members work on degrees at Ashworth, TESU, Purdue, UMPI, NationsU
[-] The following 4 users Like NoStudentNoCry's post:
  • jch, MNomadic, Tedium, ylmir
Looks like it is tricky to take online classes from California colleges if you live in another state. I just checked Imperial Valley's website, and it says students living out of state cannot take classes:

https://www.imperial.edu/admissions-and-...ide-of-ca/

I imagine this may be an issue for College of Marin, as well, but I have not found proof of that yet.
[-] The following 1 user Likes ylmir's post:
  • Tedium
Looked into Atlantic Cape. The grant is funded by the state so not sure if it supports out of state students, but I wasn't able to get someone on phone to confirm. It it NOT open to people who already have a degree.

Eastern Iowa offer is open to out of state students, according to a person who answered their phone Smile

I emailed Baltimore to ask about out-of-state eligibility and will update when I find out.
[-] The following 1 user Likes wow's post:
  • Tedium
I looked at the CCBC course offerings for the spring. They have Calc I, II, and III, differential equations, linear algebra, and discrete math all available online this spring. Depending on what wow hears, I might know what I will be doing in early 2022!

I will expand on that a bit for people who aren’t really into math. They have an EXTENSIVE offering of courses online in the spring, including stuff that I don’t see too often—such as aviation courses. Could be a great opportunity for people wanting things outside of the normal English, math, history, social studies, business intro courses.
Master of Accountancy (taxation concentration), University of Texas Rio Grande Valley, in progress. 
Master of Business Administration (financial planning specialization), University of Texas Rio Grande Valley, in progress.

BA, UMPI.  Accounting major; Business Administration major/Management & Leadership concentration.  Awarded Dec. 2021.

In-person/B&M: BA (history, archaeology)
In-person/B&M: MA (American history)

Sophia: 15 courses (42hrs)
Talked to someone at Marin and she said that non-residents can take online courses. I'm not taking that as authoritative, but it gives me hope.

Heard back from Baltimore. The grant is available to out-of-state students!
[-] The following 1 user Likes wow's post:
  • NoStudentNoCry
(11-22-2021, 04:37 PM)freeloader Wrote: I looked at the CCBC course offerings for the spring. They have Calc I, II, and III, differential equations, linear algebra, and discrete math all available online this spring. Depending on what wow hears, I might know what I will be doing in early 2022!

I will expand on that a bit for people who aren’t really into math. They have an EXTENSIVE offering of courses online in the spring, including stuff that I don’t see too often—such as aviation courses. Could be a great opportunity for people wanting things outside of the normal English, math, history, social studies, business intro courses.

yeah, CCBC has a lot of very good options.

(11-22-2021, 05:12 PM)wow Wrote: Talked to someone at Marin and she said that non-residents can take online courses. I'm not taking that as authoritative, but it gives me hope.

The page says that they cover nonresident fee so I guess it means that they allow non-residents to take courses.
MSML, WGU 2022
BAS, UMPI, 2021
AAS, Pierpont C&TC, 2021

(11-22-2021, 09:01 PM)NoStudentNoCry Wrote:
(11-22-2021, 05:12 PM)wow Wrote: Talked to someone at Marin and she said that non-residents can take online courses. I'm not taking that as authoritative, but it gives me hope.

The page says that they cover nonresident fee so I guess it means that they allow non-residents to take courses.

Modesto Junior College says that too on its page, but not all non-residents can take online courses due to lack of reciprocity agreements with certain (any?) states (see this thread: https://www.degreeforum.net/mybb/Thread-...g-semester).

However, non-residents can take in-person courses at any California college. Now, how can someone do that if they're not a resident? Well, they could be like my aunt, who is a resident of Washington but lives in California a few months every winter.
So many colleges offering a freebie term! Great for those starting out and getting RA credits for the Big 3 or CBE programs!
In Progress: Walden MBA | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: Global Management & Entrepreneurship, ASU (Freebie)

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]
Update on CCBC: I got accepted and started looking through online courses. So many! But ...

When I click through to the details, I keep seeing that "some" onsite physical presence is required. I found no way to sort the courses for those that are purely online.

Planning to call tomorrow to see if any of the courses really are "online" as we think of online here.
(11-23-2021, 07:20 PM)wow Wrote: Update on CCBC: I got accepted and started looking through online courses. So many! But ...

That was FAST! I am definitely pointing my family members at that direction.
MSML, WGU 2022
BAS, UMPI, 2021
AAS, Pierpont C&TC, 2021

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Non-credit Fintech certificate, free, U South Florida freeloader 2 148 04-19-2024, 08:08 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Free cybersecurity training course, entry level cert, and candidate status through is MNomadic 20 4,192 04-19-2024, 01:06 PM
Last Post: sanantone
  Free Coursera for Californians ashkir 8 3,020 04-17-2024, 09:49 PM
  Free CUNY 1-credit course - “Bridges to Health Careers/Emerging Trend in Healthcare” ctcarl 9 2,241 02-27-2024, 05:20 PM
Last Post: jch
  University of South Carolina - Free Certificates in Hospitality Management Maniac Craniac 5 1,558 02-15-2024, 12:56 AM
Last Post: BadSquirrelBeta
  Resource: spreadsheet of free courses from Ivy League universities NatsNerd 3 683 02-09-2024, 06:05 PM
Last Post: NatsNerd
  Rutgers - Free Certificate in Leadership & No-Blame Problem Solving Maniac Craniac 5 1,826 02-05-2024, 05:08 AM
Last Post: Ares
  Free Community Health Worker certificate at Berkeley City College staceydiane 12 2,138 02-01-2024, 02:16 PM
Last Post: staceydiane
  Free Certificate in Public Health Practice (w/6 course completion certs) Maniac Craniac 10 1,871 01-30-2024, 05:42 AM
Last Post: MFG
  HP & EdX - FREE Professional Certificate in Esports Mgmt, Game Design & Programming Maniac Craniac 11 1,259 01-22-2024, 07:00 PM