Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Getting an additional Associates Degree advice please
TESU only accepts TEEX credits from ACE/Acclaim. However, they are being a PITA about it. For me, they are refusing to accept 101 and 301 unless I complete the courses that I've already completed. I don't know what the heck is going on at TESU.
In progress:
TESU - BA Computer Science; BSBA CIS; ASNSM Math & CS; ASBA

Completed:
Pierpont - AAS BOG
Sophia (so many), The Institutes (old), Study.com (5 courses)
ASU: Human Origins, Astronomy, Intro Health & Wellness, Western Civilization, Computer Appls & Info Technology, Intro Programming
Strayer: CIS175, CIS111, WRK100, MAT210
(11-14-2020, 12:28 PM)rachel83az Wrote: TESU only accepts TEEX credits from ACE/Acclaim. However, they are being a PITA about it. For me, they are refusing to accept 101 and 301 unless I complete the courses that I've already completed. I don't know what the heck is going on at TESU.

Oh no.  :Sad I don't understand your comment below?
Quote:For me, they are refusing to accept 101 and 301 unless I complete the courses that I've already completed.

Complete what you've already completed?  Huh  Meaning they're just not accepting your courses?

I found my TEEX courses to add to the ACE transcript but it keeps giving me this error when I log the date:

"We're sorry, but you have entered an invalid completion date. Completion dates must be between a version's start and end date."  GRRRR have no idea what this means??  I keep entering my completed date.
Universal Life Church- PhD Philosophy in Religion (This was a funny vanity degree)
WGU- MS Management and Leadership- 2021
TESU- BALS concentration Social Science & ASNSM Computer Science- 2021
Red Rocks CC- Associates of General Studies
U of California- Project Management - 2021
Texas A&M Extension Engineering Service- Death Investigation, Information Risk Management, Disaster Recovery for Information Systems, Cyber Incident Analysis & Response, Disaster Recovery for Information Systems, Cyber Ethics, Cyber Law &White Collar Crime, Information Security for Everyone- 2016
State of Nevada- TAM & Alcohol Awareness Certification- 2015 
Allegra Learning LLC- Food, Nutrition, and Health- 2015
Dept of Homeland Security- Continuity of Operation, Protecting Your Home or Small Business from Disaster, Decision Making & Problem Solving, Effective Communication, Leadership & Influence- 2008
FAA- certified Flight attendant
For Cyber 301, they are insisting that I have all of the courses in Cyber 301 listed individually. But that is literally not allowed by ACE. It's either/or, not both.
In progress:

Completed:
Pierpont - AAS BOG
ASU: Human Origins, Astronomy, Intro Health & Wellness, Western Civilization, Computer Appls & Info Technology, Intro Programming
(11-14-2020, 12:59 PM)rachel83az Wrote: For Cyber 301, they are insisting that I have all of the courses in Cyber 301 listed individually. But that is literally not allowed by ACE. It's either/or, not both.

I see.  I'm sorry to hear.  I'm having that issue right now with ACE.
Universal Life Church- PhD Philosophy in Religion (This was a funny vanity degree)
Texas A&M Extension Engineering Service- Death Investigation, Information Risk Management, Disaster Recovery for Information Systems, Cyber Incident Analysis & Response, Disaster Recovery for Information Systems, Cyber Ethics, Cyber Law &White Collar Crime, Information Security for Everyone- 2016
Dept of Homeland Security- Continuity of Operation, Protecting Your Home or Small Business from Disaster, Decision Making & Problem Solving, Effective Communication, Leadership & Influence- 2008
TEEX may be a write-off here, at least for me. I can technically get the credits elsewhere easily enough but I am annoyed at the apparent sudden change in policy at TESU.
In progress:

Completed:
Pierpont - AAS BOG
I am too if none of these TEEX credits count!

Any advice for the tests with Sophia? I'm about take the first milestone for Environmental Science. Are they the same questions on the practice?
They are not the same question but they are usually pretty similar questions. Since Sophia is open-book, I would suggest having the practice milestone open in one tab while you do the real milestone in the other tab. And, of course, also have the PDF of the lessons open. It helps if you have a 2nd monitor but you can still do stuff even with just one monitor.
In progress:

Completed:
Pierpont - AAS BOG
Thanks for the info. Just completed Environmental Science. However, there's a big issue. I logged back into the walking stick portal to re-enter my credits for the ASNSM in Computer Science. Again the computer generated evaluation didn't import all my computer classes into the CS field and the math it did enter is a lower level MAT102, that I completed. It clearly says in that field I need MAT 115 or higher. The auto generator applied my MAT135 Stats to secondary TESU math requirement.

Maybe these things can be changed? If the degree absolutely requires algebra, I will not pursue this. Another bummer is that TESU won't give me another evaluation until ten days into the DEC term. Do you know if I pay another admission fee, will they review sooner? Are there any other Associates degrees that don't require a capstone?
So, You've taken stats? Do you have another math besides MAT-102? If you need a choice of math courses, I would do the CSM Learn as it's non-proctored and pretty straight forward, cheap/easy/fast at $39 and will hit your Quantitative Literacy requirement... You should email and ask TESU just to be on the safe side of things though...

If you have access to your TESU OSS, you can create as many "What if I change my program" academic evaluations as you want... I would suggest doing a few randomly, if you don't want to randomly check for any associates, then check the ones at the end of this thread, I've listed all the ones that don't require a capstone: https://www.degreeforum.net/mybb/Thread-...e-capstone?
In Progress: Walden MBA | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: Global Management & Entrepreneurship, ASU (Freebie)

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]
[-] The following 1 user Likes bjcheung77's post:
  • collegechick
(11-15-2020, 03:00 PM)bjcheung77 Wrote: So, You've taken stats? Do you have another math besides MAT-102?  If you need a choice of math courses, I would do the CSM Learn as it's non-proctored and pretty straight forward, cheap/easy/fast at $39 and will hit your Quantitative Literacy requirement...  You should email and ask TESU just to be on the safe side of things though...

If you have access to your TESU OSS, you can create as many "What if I change my program" academic evaluations as you want... I would suggest doing a few randomly, if you don't want to randomly check for any associates, then check the ones at the end of this thread, I've listed all the ones that don't require a capstone: https://www.degreeforum.net/mybb/Thread-...e-capstone?

Hi BJ!  Yes, I've completed MAT 102 Gen Math and MAT 135 Intro to Statistics.  I will double check with TESU.  What is CSM learn?  If this Associates does require more math, I'm no longer interested in it.  Just not worth it.  

Thank you for that link.  I'm not close to having enough credits to complete any of those other degrees.  That's why I liked the AAS in Computer Studies, it's done besides the capstone.  I don't think an AA requires a capstone?  But then what the heck will another arts degree do for my resume?  I felt like the AAS added a tiny bit of weight.  I saw you referring another student to COSC for an Associates, saying it's cheaper there?  What's your advice with all this?

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Need some advice tpell1219 14 469 Yesterday, 08:00 PM
Last Post: RJ77
  Electronics Engineering degree plan advice trailbounder 5 279 03-18-2024, 04:19 PM
Last Post: davewill
  Is an academic certificate a degree for the purposes of "new" credits? Am I screwed? ItsNeverTheLionsYear 3 237 03-13-2024, 08:53 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Double Degree How To kowenboy 3 236 02-29-2024, 01:05 AM
Last Post: TopHatWombat
  Tough Dual Concentration BS Degree Possible??? GameSlinger 7 606 02-28-2024, 04:31 AM
Last Post: GameSlinger
  Adding on associates? optimisticCoder3 6 391 02-23-2024, 09:58 PM
  Remaining Classes for TESU Degree faptaincrunch 7 568 02-20-2024, 08:19 AM
Last Post: faptaincrunch
  BSBA BS... Dual degree nonsense. CanICode 44 4,755 02-06-2024, 11:05 AM
Last Post: homeschoolmom1
  What constitutes "new" credits for 2nd degree? homeschoolmom1 8 496 01-15-2024, 10:50 PM
Information Advice on BS CIS Degree plan SaberTronnN 17 1,263 01-12-2024, 11:12 PM