Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Google IT support from Coursera qualify ACE credit
This is worth it even if you don't need the credit. These are essentials for everyone by now.

Also, if you can't do it in Seven Days, and know yo ucan't... Apply for financial aid. Coursera is very generous with it.
(10-05-2020, 09:17 PM)ashkir Wrote: This is worth it even if you don't need the credit. These are essentials for everyone by now.

Also, if you can't do it in Seven Days, and know yo ucan't... Apply for financial aid. Coursera is very generous with it.
Also, people should be able to do it free until December 31(which is plenty of time for someone motivated) according to this: https://www.degreeforum.net/mybb/Thread-...er-31-2020
WGU BSIT Complete January 2022
(77CU transferred in)(44/44CU ) 

RA(non WGU)(57cr)
JST/TESU Eval of NAVY Training(85/99cr)
The Institutes, TEEX, NFA(9cr): Ethics, Cyber 101/201/301, Safety
Sophia(60cr): 23 classes
Study.com(31cr): Eng105, Fin102, His108, LibSci101, Math104, Stat101, CS107, CS303, BUS107
CLEP(9cr): Intro Sociology 63 Intro Psych 61 US GOV 71
OD(12cr): Robotics, Cyber, Programming, Microecon
CSM(3cr)
Various IT/Cybersecurity Certifications from: CompTIA, Google, Microsoft, AWS, GIAC, LPI, IBM
CS Fund. MicroBachelor(3cr)
Has anybody that completed this before the whole Acclaim situation been able to get this added to Acclaim? I emailed Coursera and they gave me the run around. I'd love to get this on my Acclaim transcript.
(02-03-2021, 05:01 PM)utility Wrote: Has anybody that completed this before the whole Acclaim situation been able to get this added to Acclaim? I emailed Coursera and they gave me the run around. I'd love to get this on my Acclaim transcript.

I completed this right at the switchover. The whole badge system was already integrated into Coursera.

Log in. Go to IT Security: Defense Against the Dark Arts - week 6. Scroll down and look for "Information and FAQs about badges". Read that page. Take the "quiz" to opt into the badge.
In progress:
TESU - BA Computer Science; BSBA CIS; ASNSM Math & CS; ASBA

Completed:
Pierpont - AAS BOG
Sophia (so many), The Institutes (old), Study.com (5 courses)
ASU: Human Origins, Astronomy, Intro Health & Wellness, Western Civilization, Computer Appls & Info Technology, Intro Programming
Strayer: CIS175, CIS111, WRK100, MAT210
[-] The following 1 user Likes rachel83az's post:
  • utility
(02-03-2021, 05:15 PM)rachel83az Wrote:
(02-03-2021, 05:01 PM)utility Wrote: Has anybody that completed this before the whole Acclaim situation been able to get this added to Acclaim?  I emailed Coursera and they gave me the run around.  I'd love to get this on my Acclaim transcript.

I completed this right at the switchover. The whole badge system was already integrated into Coursera.

Log in. Go to IT Security: Defense Against the Dark Arts - week 6. Scroll down and look for "Information and FAQs about badges". Read that page. Take the "quiz" to opt into the badge.

Nice!  That looks like it'll work.  It didn't exist before and I didn't realize I could go back in after finishing the course some months back.
(10-05-2020, 09:17 PM)ashkir Wrote: This is worth it even if you don't need the credit. These are essentials for everyone by now.

It's not really essential. I've heard several dozen people who are quite frustrated with Google because this "industry-supported certification" hasn't improved their job hunt at all for almost a year. A+ is still better, experience is best.
Master of Business Administration, Universidad Isabel I, 2021
Master in Management & Team Management, Universidad Isabel I, 2021
Master in International Trade, Universidad Isabel I, 2021
Master in Supply Chain Management, Universidad Isabel I, 2021
Master in Project Management, Universidad Isabel I, 2023

BS Information Technology, Western Governors University, 2017
AAS Cybersecurity, Community College, 2017
FEMA Emergency Management Certificate, 2017
Fundraising Specialization Certificate, Berkeley/Haas, 2020

Undergraduate Credits: 165 Semester Credits
Graduate Credits: 105 ECTS (52.5 Semester Credits)
[-] The following 1 user Likes Thorne's post:
  • Pikachu
(02-03-2021, 06:01 PM)Thorne Wrote:

It's not really essential. I've heard several dozen people who are quite frustrated with Google because this "industry-supported certification" hasn't improved their job hunt at all for almost a year. A+ is still better, experience is best.

A+, Network+, and experience are clearly going to be better in terms of usability. But this thing isn't that bad either. At the very least, it can help you to prepare for the other, more difficult, exams. For $59, it's not a bad deal. I definitely feel sorry for anyone who paid for 3-6 months of Coursera to get this certificate, though. It is not worth that. Not by a long shot.
In progress:
TESU - BA Computer Science; BSBA CIS; ASNSM Math & CS; ASBA

Completed:
Pierpont - AAS BOG
Sophia (so many), The Institutes (old), Study.com (5 courses)
ASU: Human Origins, Astronomy, Intro Health & Wellness, Western Civilization, Computer Appls & Info Technology, Intro Programming
Strayer: CIS175, CIS111, WRK100, MAT210
Took me about 23 days. Certificate is composed of 5 modules, and each module is broken down into 6 week-long sections, so a total of 30 week-long sections. I think it took me about 1-2 hours to complete each "week-long" section, and I did 1 or 2 each evening. I watched the videos at 1.75X speed, did not participate in forums, nor did I read supplemental material. As I recall, there were practice quizzes, but after a while I stopped attempting those. Many quizzes and exams. Most I passed right away, but some it took 2 or 3 attempts. Averaged about a 95% for each module.

IMO, the course really does cover a lot, and I would have done well to take my time with it and get a firm grasp on the material. However, I just wanted the credits, and I didn't want to spend more than $49, so I rushed through it. I am using the credits to hopefully get a Pierpont AAS with IST area of emphasis. For my BS in computer science I am going to try and use the ACE-recommended credits to satisfy "Computer Systems" and "Communications and Networking".

--- I got a subscription for $49/mo. Completed the course, and before 2nd month started I cancelled. Seems like Coursera offered me a 50% discount if I would continue. I didn't look at the details.
College (146): RA (134), NA (12)
ACE-recommended (105): Sophia (53), Study (28), Google (12), TEEX (10), Institutes (2)
ECTS (69): ENEB (65), LUT (2), XAMK (2)
IN PROGRESS:

Certificate- Google Data Analytics
Bachelor- Cybersecurity Technology (105/120) /
 Organizational Leadership (99/120)
Certification- CompTIA A+
DONE:
Certificate- Google IT Support

Associates- Business Administration /  BoG (History)
Undergrad certificate- Computer Networking
MBA
[-] The following 2 users Like StoicJ's post:
  • Pikachu, rachel83az
Anyone have an issue with the date earned on their Google IT Support Professional certification?

I worry that the ACE CREDIT recommendation shows "dates offered": 9/1/2019 to 8/30/2022.  I completed my certification on 6/18/2019, before the cert. received its ACE endorsement apparently. Angry

I do have the achievement shown in my Acclaim/Credly profile, but I'm hearing from Excelsior College that they need to see it on an ACE transcript, which I had to email back explaining is not a service which exists anymore. -- I would have expected that a "big 3" school would already know about the ACE credit/Credly thing.
(02-16-2021, 06:17 PM)burnside91 Wrote: Anyone have an issue with the date earned on their Google IT Support Professional certification?

I worry that the ACE CREDIT recommendation shows "dates offered": 9/1/2019 to 8/30/2022.  I completed my certification on 6/18/2019, before the cert. received its ACE endorsement apparently. Angry

I do have the achievement shown in my Acclaim/Credly profile, but I'm hearing from Excelsior College that they need to see it on an ACE transcript, which I had to email back explaining is not a service which exists anymore. -- I would have expected that a "big 3" school would already know about the ACE credit/Credly thing.

How did you get it on your Acclaim profile (I noticed you have an older completion date)?  I tried the opting-in mentioned above and they haven't done anything.  I've emailed Coursera and Acclaim and no one wants to say they're responsible for the badge.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Credit Banking & cheap/free credits - Asking for a friend SweetSecret 7 1,473 04-06-2024, 12:00 PM
Last Post: Rubeferry18
  Prompt Engineering Course by Vanderbilt University on Coursera LevelUP 2 311 03-23-2024, 05:28 AM
Last Post: LevelUP
  New Georgetown Coursera Bachelors smartdegree 73 9,319 03-18-2024, 11:54 AM
Last Post: SilentWarrior
  Coursera Certs Offline natshar 4 364 03-10-2024, 12:03 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Diné College: $55 Credit Hour, $660 Full Time (12+ credits) Ares 19 1,914 02-23-2024, 11:14 AM
  Verified College Credit Transfers TINASAM 0 226 02-19-2024, 04:16 PM
Last Post: TINASAM
  Tohono O’odham Community College: $34.25 Credit Hour! Ares 3 717 02-07-2024, 12:24 PM
  Coursera & Edx - Peer Reviewed Assignments bjcheung77 7 1,000 01-09-2024, 12:01 PM
Last Post: gulshan212
Question Extension Schools for Credit Transfer Tobutz 4 682 12-13-2023, 03:21 PM
Last Post: ReyMysterioso
  Upper-level credit via XAMK, Metropolia or U of Helsinki jg_nuy 0 473 12-09-2023, 04:19 PM
Last Post: jg_nuy