Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Got time off..how fast can I complete the Thomas Edison Management degree?
I've been dragging this for years. I'm still enrolled, but havent been able to take more than one TECEP. I have 3 months off and want to knock this out.
I've read that Saylor courses are a drag to go through, so I'm thinking study.com and or straighterline for most of the credits. How fast can you usually
complete a course and exam with either one of these options? I can study about 10 hours a day or more..no kids or anything to distract me.
Any tips or suggestions?
It depends, we don't know how many credits you need and how many you have already completed that will fit into the BSBA General Management degree.
Your best bet right now is to enter in your current credits and the credits you are completing, you may want to read the Beginners Guide as well for info.
In Progress: Walden MBA | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: Global Management & Entrepreneurship, ASU (Freebie)

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]
Lnacen Wrote:I've been dragging this for years. I'm still enrolled, but havent been able to take more than one TECEP. I have 3 months off and want to knock this out.
I've read that Saylor courses are a drag to go through, so I'm thinking study.com and or straighterline for most of the credits. How fast can you usually
complete a course and exam with either one of these options? I can study about 10 hours a day or more..no kids or anything to distract me.
Any tips or suggestions?
10 hours a day. No distractions. Easy courses from 2 days to about a week. Harder courses 1 week to 2 weeks. That's my guess.
You don't need to go through the Saylor courses in order to take the tests. There are people who have passed without going through all the coursework. I plan on using other resources.
Graduate of Not VUL or ENEB
MS, MSS and Graduate Cert
AAS, AS, BA, and BS
CLEP
Intro Psych 70, US His I 64, Intro Soc 63, Intro Edu Psych 70, A&I Lit 64, Bio 68, Prin Man 69, Prin Mar 68
DSST
Life Dev Psych 62, Fund Coun 68, Intro Comp 469, Intro Astr 56, Env & Hum 70, HTYH 456, MIS 451, Prin Sup 453, HRM 62, Bus Eth 458
ALEKS
Int Alg, Coll Alg
TEEX
4 credits
TECEP
Fed Inc Tax, Sci of Nutr, Micro, Strat Man, Med Term, Pub Relations
CSU
Sys Analysis & Design, Programming, Cyber
SL
Intro to Comm, Microbio, Acc I
Uexcel
A&P
Davar
Macro, Intro to Fin, Man Acc
Lnacen Wrote:I've been dragging this for years. I'm still enrolled, but havent been able to take more than one TECEP. I have 3 months off and want to knock this out.
Any tips or suggestions?

My high school sons started Straighterline on 11/27 and by the end of this month (4th month), they will have have 10 courses finished.
Let me tell you that 2 of those months were English 1 and English 2. In the other 2 months they did 8 courses.
It's possible to go faster, but I'm a pesky mom and make them do all the lessons and such. They are allocating about an hour and a half to Straighterline each school day (Monday-Friday.)
I would guess that if you were to devote 10 hours/day x 3 months, you could finish an entire BSBA, starting with zero credits. That's assuming that the TECEP is being revised, not removed (to be switched to an actual capstone).

If I were going to attempt something like this, I would probably do a mixture of Study.com and SL (so as not to get too burned out on either one), using Study.com as well to study for Saylor exams where possible. I would also start with ALEKS and try to get the math out of the way before it expires on 3/31. I would also register for the Strategic Management TECEP exam for April.
TESU BSBA/HR 2018 - WVNCC BOG AAS 2017 - GGU Cert in Mgmt 2000
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA
bjcheung77 Wrote:It depends, we don't know how many credits you need and how many you have already completed that will fit into the BSBA General Management degree.
Your best bet right now is to enter in your current credits and the credits you are completing, you may want to read the Beginners Guide as well for info.

I'm basically starting at the top. Have a few courses completed through CLEP, thats it. I signed up with the college accelorator last year, but I've been
such a bum about actually taking the courses..I have about 2 more months left. I just learned that we can buy extra exams for 70 bucks if we are in college
accelorator. So, I may just do that. I'm not sure.
dfrecore Wrote:I would guess that if you were to devote 10 hours/day x 3 months, you could finish an entire BSBA, starting with zero credits. That's assuming that the TECEP is being revised, not removed (to be switched to an actual capstone).

If I were going to attempt something like this, I would probably do a mixture of Study.com and SL (so as not to get too burned out on either one), using Study.com as well to study for Saylor exams where possible. I would also start with ALEKS and try to get the math out of the way before it expires on 3/31. I would also register for the Strategic Management TECEP exam for April.

OK, study.com courses align with Saylor exams? Thats good to read.
I'm guessing Thomas Edison is changing some things and I have to take Strategic Management before they make it a capstone? Going to sign up with Aleks tonight.
Lnacen Wrote:I'm basically starting at the top. Have a few courses completed through CLEP, thats it. I signed up with the college accelorator last year, but I've been
such a bum about actually taking the courses..I have about 2 more months left. I just learned that we can buy extra exams for 70 bucks if we are in college
accelorator. So, I may just do that. I'm not sure.

If you are doing it for the checkmark for a job and what not, Straighterline is awesome for breezing through materials and taking courses. Some of the courses you can take through straighterline for BSBA General Management are: Accounting 1/Accounting 2 (Managerial and Financial Acc at TESU), Organizational Behavior (Upper level/Area of Study), Micro and macro economics (a bit of a drag but solid courses to learn economics atleast an entry college level), Business communications, and you can even take financial and managerial accounting for two upper level accounting area of studies.
Lnacen Wrote:OK, study.com courses align with Saylor exams? Thats good to read.
I'm guessing Thomas Edison is changing some things and I have to take Strategic Management before they make it a capstone? Going to sign up with Aleks tonight.

They don't necessarily "align", it's just a way of studying for the exam that you're already paying for. Saylor's exams are generic, meaning that you should be able to use any textbook to study for it (similar to CLEP or DSST exams). Whereas SL's courses are very textbook-specific, meaning you have to use THAT exact textbook to study for and pass the course.

There is no guarantee that they are making a capstone rather than exam for the BSBA. They may just be updating the TECEP.
TESU BSBA/HR 2018 - WVNCC BOG AAS 2017 - GGU Cert in Mgmt 2000
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  What do i Do if an application asks for GPA with a degree from the Big 3? Crt 5 3,206 09-19-2018, 08:54 AM
Last Post: Johmford
  Transfer Credit towards degree @ TESU Supermind 2 2,861 09-14-2018, 03:30 PM
Last Post: dfrecore
  Help with figuring out TESU History Degree plan AJay5595 10 3,345 09-06-2018, 10:56 AM
Last Post: BAngieB
  Associates degree in Business - Options? allen3373 9 2,675 09-04-2018, 02:57 PM
Last Post: cookderosa
  My Technical Studies Degree Plan SRES 17 4,871 08-31-2018, 12:23 AM
  BSBA in Finance Degree Plan from TESU UnbreakablyDetermined 2 2,778 08-30-2018, 11:22 PM
Last Post: Luiscastaneda25
  Has anyone been overlooked for a degree Crt 21 5,011 08-29-2018, 12:06 PM
Last Post: jsd
  Advice on Choosing a Degree Program UnbreakablyDetermined 3 1,965 08-26-2018, 08:06 PM
  COSC 2nd Degree Plan mb232627 5 2,326 08-24-2018, 12:55 AM
Last Post: mb232627
  TESU math degree plan. Am I doing this right? jakepg 9 2,687 08-23-2018, 09:20 PM
Last Post: armstrongsubero