Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Guardian Scholarship Study.Com
For those of you who have applied for and have been selected for the Guardian scholarship, how long after you applied did you receive notification that you had been selected? I'm thinking about applying myself.
It took mine like 5-7 days or so but that included a weekend. My wife got hers in about 3 days. Just a heads up...your active account starts the day you get the email. As an example, I was emailed on November 7th but didn't start my first course until around the 14th, I think, because of other stuff. So my scholarship account runs out on February 7th. My current exam dates are Nov 17, 29 then I am eligible for Dec 17,29 and again Jan 17,29 assuming I stick to the schedule. I will only have 8 days of wiggle room to play with since I started my first class about a week after I got the email. I wrongly assumed the account would become active once I started my first class. The Personal Finance course is pretty basic so my advice is to just get on it and knock it out as fast as possible.
[-] The following 1 user Likes ndelco's post:
  • 1thomasP
Btaylor89 Wrote:For those of you who have applied for and have been selected for the Guardian scholarship, how long after you applied did you receive notification that you had been selected? I'm thinking about applying myself.

I would definitely apply and make sure you talk about how you will use the knowledge of Personal Finance after you complete the course. Where else are you going to find 18 free credits, with many UL options available? Unfortunately for me, I will only be able to use 15 credits since I've already completed my free electives and that is where Personal Finance will come into for TESU but still, I'm very pumped about 15 free credits!
ndelcollo Wrote:I would definitely apply and make sure you talk about how you will use the knowledge of Personal Finance after you complete the course. Where else are you going to find 18 free credits, with many UL options available? Unfortunately for me, I will only be able to use 15 credits since I've already completed my free electives and that is where Personal Finance will come into for TESU but still, I'm very pumped about 15 free credits!

Exactly this. For anyone on the border of thinking of applying, just do it, worse thing is they say no, you don't lose anything... plenty to gain.
In Progress: Walden MBA | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: Global Management & Entrepreneurship, ASU (Freebie)

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]
You're both right. I'm definitely going to apply and just see what happens. It would be great if I got selected! It would save me a good deal of money and pretty much force me to get started with my study.com courses and stop procrastinating.

Thanks for the advice ndelcollo! I too would have assumed that the 3 months would begin upon starting the first course. Thanks for the heads up.
Btaylor89 Wrote:For those of you who have applied for and have been selected for the Guardian scholarship, how long after you applied did you receive notification that you had been selected? I'm thinking about applying myself.

please excuse my ignorance but what is the Scholarship for and who issues it?
Don't forget that gaining college credit by taking exams is one of the reason's we're here. That's mainly possible through the flashcards made available by the owner of this forum : InstantCert Plus of course your hard work in learning and reviewing
Current Credits

Irish Education

FETAC Level 6 Adv Cert in Admin

Spreadsheets 5 U.S credits A ,Word Processing 2.5 U.S credits A
Business Management 5.0 U.S credits A Web Authoring 2.5 U.S credits A Communications 5.0 U.S credits A Manual and Computerized Bookkeeping 2.5 U.S Credits A

ECDL (European Computer Drivers License) ICS SKILLS 5 credits

Strayer University Marketing 100 (paid for by Starbucks) A 4.5 quarter hours
CLEP U.S History I 74, U.S History II 69, Western Civ II 61, Western Civ I 64, HG&D 60, Humanities 60, biz law 67,Am Gov 57.
DSST: Biz ethics & s 450, Art WW 424
EC CCS 120 A , EC ENG 101 A, EC BUS 312 H.R A , EC ENG 102 A,
B&M ACC 151 B, B&M ACC 152 (starting) Nat Scies,
By Study.com for Study.com.

Get Free Access to Study.com's Personal Finance Course in Partnership with Guardian | Study.com
Credit Sources:
Guilford Technical Community College (59)
U.S Army Training
ALEKS
Study.com
Straighterline
Shmoop
DSST
UExcel
EI2HCB, aren't you at Excelsior? Excelsior will take Advanced Technical Writing and Advanced Operations Management as upper-level credits from Study.com. The rest count as lower level but it's still a great way to get 6UL and 12LL credits.
BA, MA, EdS, MMT, etc.
83 hours of ACE-worthy credits
KayV Wrote:EI2HCB, aren't you at Excelsior? Excelsior will take Advanced Technical Writing and Advanced Operations Management as upper-level credits from Study.com. The rest count as lower level but it's still a great way to get 6UL and 12LL credits.

Yes I'm at Excelsior, although I haven't had credit go there since March this year! So I've been out of the loop so to speak. Looks like Guardian is only sponsoring 50 applicants, I wonder how many they have awarded already. I've applied and we'll see what happens, thanks for sharing what Excelsior is willing to take from Study.com as its sometimes hard to get an adviser to approve courses they aren't familiar with. Is the study.com site Ace certified now? I used it when it was Ed portal and did a few CLEP exams using their videos.
Don't forget that gaining college credit by taking exams is one of the reason's we're here. That's mainly possible through the flashcards made available by the owner of this forum : InstantCert Plus of course your hard work in learning and reviewing
Current Credits

Irish Education

FETAC Level 6 Adv Cert in Admin

Spreadsheets 5 U.S credits A ,Word Processing 2.5 U.S credits A
Business Management 5.0 U.S credits A Web Authoring 2.5 U.S credits A Communications 5.0 U.S credits A Manual and Computerized Bookkeeping 2.5 U.S Credits A

ECDL (European Computer Drivers License) ICS SKILLS 5 credits

Strayer University Marketing 100 (paid for by Starbucks) A 4.5 quarter hours
CLEP U.S History I 74, U.S History II 69, Western Civ II 61, Western Civ I 64, HG&D 60, Humanities 60, biz law 67,Am Gov 57.
DSST: Biz ethics & s 450, Art WW 424
EC CCS 120 A , EC ENG 101 A, EC BUS 312 H.R A , EC ENG 102 A,
B&M ACC 151 B, B&M ACC 152 (starting) Nat Scies,
Some (but not all) of their courses have been approved. Effective September 1, 2016, Excelsior will take all ACE-approved sources based on their ACE credit recommendations regarding upper/ lower level hours. That doesn't necessarily mean they will take them to fulfill certain requirements though (looking at you, The Institutes Ethics 2UL hours), so be sure to get approval first.
BA, MA, EdS, MMT, etc.
83 hours of ACE-worthy credits

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Current Study.com Coupon Codes pws 67 40,368 03-22-2024, 05:10 PM
Last Post: GoBroncos95
  calculating grade for study.com course Omece 9 1,600 03-20-2024, 08:49 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  The official guide to courses by Straighterline, Study, et al: We want YOUR input! aviator guy 378 468,509 03-18-2024, 07:25 PM
Last Post: RachelB
  Disappointed with Study.com (Discrete Mathematics) legenwait4itdary 6 754 03-08-2024, 08:41 PM
Last Post: bluebooger
  Study partner wanted, incentive offered Simerion 3 365 02-26-2024, 04:14 PM
  Study.Com Upcoming changes to courses Vin 4 1,032 02-13-2024, 11:26 PM
Last Post: TopHatWombat
  Study.com Statistics? rowan555 16 3,906 02-03-2024, 03:43 PM
Last Post: oh.golly.molly
  does felician college accept study.com credits? fraggle 4 593 01-31-2024, 03:47 PM
Last Post: indigoshuffle
  Study Managerial Accounting that Transfers to UMPI Indieblue 0 313 01-25-2024, 08:24 PM
Last Post: Indieblue
  Study.com vs Sophia - Time to complete RachelB 2 732 01-05-2024, 01:20 PM