Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
HELP! Study.com MIS
Here's the situation: I'm taking Study.com's MIS course. I'm starting on the first paper where they want me to find two NYSE publicly traded companies and analyze what information systems they each have. For anyone who has done this assignment, how on earth did you find this information?? I was thinking of doing Microsoft and Apple, since I'm generally familiar with both of those companies, but I have been unable to find any information as to what information systems these companies use. I can guess some general ones, but if I'm supposed to cite resources in the paper, I'll need solid information. Any advice would be appreciated!!
(04-24-2020, 03:34 PM)studyandpass5 Wrote: Here's the situation: I'm taking Study.com's MIS course. I'm starting on the first paper where they want me to find two NYSE publicly traded companies and analyze what information systems they each have. For anyone who has done this assignment, how on earth did you find this information?? I was thinking of doing Microsoft and Apple, since I'm generally familiar with both of those companies, but I have been unable to find any information as to what information systems these companies use. I can guess some general ones, but if I'm supposed to cite resources in the paper, I'll need solid information. Any advice would be appreciated!!

just did this a few weeks ago. I just google management information systems for I think it was Microsoft and ford. Trust me it is not as bad as you think. Just keep googling and than use that information.
My plan is to just take the mis clep once the virus is clear
If you're planning on going through TESU, Davar Academy's CIS-351 MIS may be a more efficient alternative.

It transfers into TESU as CIS-301 MIS.
(04-24-2020, 06:11 PM)Clepking100 Wrote: My plan is to just take the mis clep once the virus is clear

Well you'll be sadly disappointed to know that there is no CLEP for MIS.  Maybe you're talking about the DSST?

And, the Study.com MIS course is UL, while the DSST exam is LL.
TESU BSBA/HR 2018 - WVNCC BOG AAS 2017 - GGU Cert in Mgmt 2000
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA
(04-24-2020, 03:34 PM)studyandpass5 Wrote: Here's the situation: I'm taking Study.com's MIS course. I'm starting on the first paper where they want me to find two NYSE publicly traded companies and analyze what information systems they each have. For anyone who has done this assignment, how on earth did you find this information?? I was thinking of doing Microsoft and Apple, since I'm generally familiar with both of those companies, but I have been unable to find any information as to what information systems these companies use. I can guess some general ones, but if I'm supposed to cite resources in the paper, I'll need solid information. Any advice would be appreciated!!

Try these links and you will get some good ideas :

https://prezi.com/1qgpdklritmm/informati...starbucks/
https://prezi.com/cjkdccyelstq/fedex-inf...on-system/
https://prezi.com/h37d_2xgfsfn/informati...-of-fedex/
(04-24-2020, 07:14 PM)terryd5150 Wrote: If you're planning on going through TESU, Davar Academy's CIS-351 MIS may be a more efficient alternative.

I've never taken a Davar course before. How is it set up? Is it similar to SL/SDC setup, or more like a CLEP? Is there a course book or all online? And are there any papers? LOL
(04-25-2020, 11:29 AM)studyandpass5 Wrote:
(04-24-2020, 07:14 PM)terryd5150 Wrote: If you're planning on going through TESU, Davar Academy's CIS-351 MIS may be a more efficient alternative.

I've never taken a Davar course before. How is it set up? Is it similar to SL/SDC setup, or more like a CLEP? Is there a course book or all online? And are there any papers? LOL

The majority of Davar Academy courses are "preview and review the powerpoint presentations and/or spreadsheet for course details/lessons" and make some notes of what you don't understand. Your final exam is based on the study material they provide you, it's pretty much memorizing the presentation materials. The pass/fail is all dependent on how well you do on the one exam, some courses has assignments.
In Progress: Walden MBA | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: Global Management & Entrepreneurship, ASU (Freebie)

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]
(04-27-2020, 11:31 PM)bjcheung77 Wrote:
(04-25-2020, 11:29 AM)studyandpass5 Wrote:

The majority of Davar Academy courses are "preview and review the powerpoint presentations and/or spreadsheet for course details/lessons" and make some notes of what you don't understand.  Your final exam is based on the study material they provide you, it's pretty much memorizing the presentation materials.  The pass/fail is all dependent on how well you do on the one exam, some courses has assignments.

Thanks bjcheung77! I'll definitely look into this.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Current Study.com Coupon Codes pws 67 39,324 03-22-2024, 05:10 PM
Last Post: GoBroncos95
  calculating grade for study.com course Omece 9 1,481 03-20-2024, 08:49 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  The official guide to courses by Straighterline, Study, et al: We want YOUR input! aviator guy 378 464,686 03-18-2024, 07:25 PM
Last Post: RachelB
  Disappointed with Study.com (Discrete Mathematics) legenwait4itdary 6 602 03-08-2024, 08:41 PM
Last Post: bluebooger
  Study partner wanted, incentive offered Simerion 3 327 02-26-2024, 04:14 PM
  Study.Com Upcoming changes to courses Vin 4 968 02-13-2024, 11:26 PM
Last Post: TopHatWombat
  Study.com Statistics? rowan555 16 3,811 02-03-2024, 03:43 PM
Last Post: oh.golly.molly
  does felician college accept study.com credits? fraggle 4 552 01-31-2024, 03:47 PM
Last Post: indigoshuffle
  Study Managerial Accounting that Transfers to UMPI Indieblue 0 279 01-25-2024, 08:24 PM
Last Post: Indieblue
  Study.com vs Sophia - Time to complete RachelB 2 682 01-05-2024, 01:20 PM