Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Have a lot of credits, want a BA, need advice please!
I just got my academic evaluation from TESU.  102.5 credits were transferred, leaving 17.5 to finish the degree.  I will need American Government, some kind of ethics class, the cornerstone and capstone, and 2.5 free elective courses.

I was thinking about taking the american government and ethics classes from study.com, and possibly the free electives.  Can those be anything? Any ideas about something fast and easy?

I will also need a free elective one hour course to cover the .5 credit needed.  Any suggestions?

Thanks all!

Edit: Just a quick thought, I am taking a physical science class with lab right now for 5 credits. I wonder if I can use that and just take a one more class (or two one credit classes to equal 1.5) to finish out the free electives.
Hey how goes? Kreid01... there are so many options to select from. My recommendation would be the following:
1) Complete that Physical Science class, get a good grade on it, you may want to bump this to your first priority.
2) InstantCertCredit - Take American Government and Business Ethics. Each course is $20, proctor is $15.
3) TEEX Cybersecurity - Take all 3, Cyber 101, Cyber 201, Cyber 302 - FREE and this will net you 10 credits.
4) Complete Cornerstone/Capstone together in one term and apply for Pell Grant, unless you have tuition reimbursement.
In Progress: Walden MBA | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: Global Management & Entrepreneurship, ASU (Freebie)

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]
TESU is being very iffy about transferring in TEEX lately. TEEX still hasn't fully integrated with Credly and it's just been a huge pain in general. I'm going to suggest instead:

Complete that science class.
InstantCert for American Government
Sophia for Ethics and any remaining credits that you may need.
In progress:
TESU - BA Computer Science; BSBA CIS; ASNSM Math & CS; ASBA

Completed:
Pierpont - AAS BOG
Sophia (so many), The Institutes (old), Study.com (5 courses)
ASU: Human Origins, Astronomy, Intro Health & Wellness, Western Civilization, Computer Appls & Info Technology, Intro Programming
Strayer: CIS175, CIS111, WRK100, MAT210
(04-17-2021, 08:38 AM)rachel83az Wrote: TESU is being very iffy about transferring in TEEX lately. TEEX still hasn't fully integrated with Credly and it's just been a huge pain in general. I'm going to suggest instead:

Complete that science class.
InstantCert for American Government
Sophia for Ethics and any remaining credits that you may need.

I agree.  Unless you're guaranteed courses coming into Credly, I wouldn't take the chance, especially because you're so close to the end. You don't have time to screw around.
TESU BSBA/HR 2018 - WVNCC BOG AAS 2017 - GGU Cert in Mgmt 2000
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA
Yup, I still stand by my post#22 - I would recommend completing everything and sending in your transcripts to TESU asap, that way, your main focus would be the final two courses to be taken at TESU. Even if there are delays in transcripts to TESU, it should be done within the 3 month or 12 weeks for those two courses (capstone/cornerstone).

Kreid01... Finish and apply for grad and wait for final audit... From the looks of things, as an example the InstantCertCredit courses may take a week or two, and for the TEEX courses may take 4-8 days and up to two weeks as per this recent thread: https://www.degreeforum.net/mybb/Thread-...#pid335142
In Progress: Walden MBA | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: Global Management & Entrepreneurship, ASU (Freebie)

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]
(04-16-2021, 08:40 PM)Kreid01 Wrote: I was thinking about taking the american government and ethics classes from study.com, and possibly the free electives.  Can those be anything? Any ideas about something fast and easy?

The last I read on this forum is that the Study.com American Government course does not meet the Civics Gen Ed requirement anymore.  Here https://www.degreeforum.net/mybb/Thread-...#pid320785
TESU: BALS June 2021 (comm college, clep, sdc sophia coopersmith, SOS110, and capstone)

(04-21-2021, 06:36 AM)P226mem Wrote:
(04-16-2021, 08:40 PM)Kreid01 Wrote: I was thinking about taking the american government and ethics classes from study.com, and possibly the free electives.  Can those be anything? Any ideas about something fast and easy?

The last I read on this forum is that the Study.com American Government course does not meet the Civics Gen Ed requirement anymore.  Here https://www.degreeforum.net/mybb/Thread-...#pid320785

You can take POLS 103: Comparative Politics instead.
TESU BSBA/HR 2018 - WVNCC BOG AAS 2017 - GGU Cert in Mgmt 2000
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Information Newbie Needs Advice !! Quick and Easy Degree for International Student smartfion 4 76 1 hour ago
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Degree Plan Advice dm.hans32 9 593 Yesterday, 07:06 AM
Last Post: dm.hans32
  Degree Planning Advice - 31, Norway, No Higher Education ASenna 34 2,166 Yesterday, 05:21 AM
Last Post: ASenna
  SNHU BS Data Analytics course plan, advice? sole13 8 211 04-17-2024, 02:03 PM
Last Post: sole13
  Degree/Planning Advice: Retired LEO Seeking BA and MA after life-altering injury Han_Shot_First_IYKYK 24 1,150 04-16-2024, 11:37 PM
Last Post: Han_Shot_First_IYKYK
  Confused Brit looking for advice BritStudent 30 1,970 04-16-2024, 08:29 AM
Last Post: allvia
  WGU Advice - Bachelor's or Master's in Education? nykorn 3 390 04-15-2024, 10:55 AM
Last Post: RachelB
  Advice on degree options juliakeller2011 3 171 04-09-2024, 11:25 PM
  UMPI BLS Degree planning advice, need help huiwh1998 16 546 04-08-2024, 11:27 AM
  UMBI Political Science Advice XNutty98 4 300 04-07-2024, 01:50 PM