Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Help - Modern States Question
I'm taking clep exams as a faster alternative to an associate degree in order to gain admission to law school.
I passed the practice examine off the official guide of the clep test i'm currently revising and I believe I'll br ready to take the exam next week. 

I'm just about to take the crash course on Modern States. How does it work? 
Once I complete it,  they'll give me a voucher I can use to take the clep exam for free?

Is it just as easy as signing up with them and completing the course in question?
[-] The following 1 user Likes evsimoian's post:
  • GoodYellowDogs
Yes. You take the course by watching the videos(you can watch at up to 2X speed) you can read the supplemental material if you want. There are homework questions. Most courses let you try 2-3 times to get the questions right. At the end, if you have at least a 75% score on the homework questions, you can request a voucher for a CLEP test. Then you sign up for the test on the college board website using the voucher code to make it free. Then you schedule the test at your desired testing center. After the test you can send Modern States the receipt and they will send you a check to reimburse the testing center fee. So far I've noticed that the questions on the modern states courses are basically the same as the questions in the official study guide.
WGU BSIT Complete January 2022
(77CU transferred in)(44/44CU ) 

RA(non WGU)(57cr)
JST/TESU Eval of NAVY Training(85/99cr)
The Institutes, TEEX, NFA(9cr): Ethics, Cyber 101/201/301, Safety
Sophia(60cr): 23 classes
Study.com(31cr): Eng105, Fin102, His108, LibSci101, Math104, Stat101, CS107, CS303, BUS107
CLEP(9cr): Intro Sociology 63 Intro Psych 61 US GOV 71
OD(12cr): Robotics, Cyber, Programming, Microecon
CSM(3cr)
Various IT/Cybersecurity Certifications from: CompTIA, Google, Microsoft, AWS, GIAC, LPI, IBM
CS Fund. MicroBachelor(3cr)
[-] The following 4 users Like MNomadic's post:
  • cohurd, ISKBizz15, Johmford, Muldoon
Congrats on jumping in and getting started. Which CLEP test are you taking 1st?

When you prepare take as many different sample test as you can find to prepare. There are sources online.
I used and enjoyed Modern States' system, and the voucher program is awesome. I used them to take (and pass) the Humanities, Social Sciences and Analyzing Literature CLEPS. I didn't read most of the supplemental materials available but I did watch all videos twice. Their staff are helpful and friendly and with each test I took, I received encouragement letters from the CEO of Modern States.
Doctor of Medicine candidate (MD) - anticipated complete '24
[-] The following 1 user Likes MSK9's post:
  • cookderosa
Is there anything like Modern States but for the DSST?
(07-13-2018, 12:40 AM)evsimoian Wrote: I'm taking clep exams as a faster alternative to an associate degree in order to gain admission to law school.
I passed the practice examine off the official guide of the clep test i'm currently revising and I believe I'll br ready to take the exam next week. 

I'm just about to take the crash course on Modern States. How does it work? 
Once I complete it,  they'll give me a voucher I can use to take the clep exam for free?

Is it just as easy as signing up with them and completing the course in question?

Just curious - which law school?  Are you in CA?
Denise

MS - Management and Leadership, WGU 2022
BS - Liberal Arts - Depths in Healthcare and Psychology, Excelsior College 2014
Certificate - Workers Comp Admin, UC Davis Extension, 1995
AA - Licensed Vocational Nursing and Selected Studies, Mesa College 1989
Certificate - Licensed Vocational Nursing (LVN), Mesa College 1977

Also, someday maybe a MS in Forensic Psychology, just for fun.   Oh, and a BS in Animal Behavior.  And, maybe when I'm 85 a PhD in something fun.

Can anyone confirm what the minimum score is to pass the Modern States College Comp class? The graph seems to indicate 50%, not 75% as stated earlier.

Also stated is that all videos must be watched. Is this correct?

Goal is to get the test voucher and the testing fee reimbursed.
(06-18-2020, 03:56 AM)schlocker Wrote: Can anyone confirm what the minimum score is to pass the Modern States College Comp class? The graph seems to indicate 50%, not 75% as stated earlier.

Also stated is that all videos must be watched. Is this correct?

Goal is to get the test voucher and the testing fee reimbursed.

I do not believe you need to watch all the videos, just answer all the questions. I'm not sure what the minimum score is to pass though.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  RBA degree question Jennr2z 19 3,033 12-14-2023, 04:50 PM
Last Post: staceydiane
  I want Modern States to be in every student’s wheelhouse bjcheung77 0 366 09-28-2023, 11:36 AM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Question about BYU Independent Study Amberlinjeanne 4 1,223 09-05-2023, 06:47 PM
  Modern States: At 60... & ICYMI... bjcheung77 2 370 08-28-2023, 11:24 AM
  50 States - Average cost of college 2023 bjcheung77 1 379 08-16-2023, 07:55 AM
Last Post: dfrecore
  More than a third of community college students have vanished in the United States JPN 18 2,088 04-12-2023, 01:27 PM
  EdX MicroBachelors letter grade question cardiacclep 3 593 12-28-2022, 08:17 PM
Last Post: davewill
  Transferology question - how to find ACE and NCCRS? katsiki 4 526 10-09-2022, 01:37 PM
  Question about Transferring Credits Nelson Lin 3 714 09-17-2022, 02:17 PM
Last Post: Alpha
  Question about the 1 credit RA self-paced class from ASU sparkling 2 1,142 08-24-2022, 03:41 PM
Last Post: sparkling