Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Help rewrite/review Saylor courses
This might be a fun opportunity for those who have already graduated:

"Some great paid gigs at Saylor Academy…pass it on! | Saylor Academy"

We currently have some important roles we need to fill at Saylor Academy. These contract jobs are temporary but a huge part of our success — just check out the list of our course consultants and reviewers to get a sense of how important they are to Saylor Academy.

Specifically, we are looking to hire great folks with higher education teaching experience and subject expertise for the positions below. If you happen to be such a person, we would love to hear from you; if you happen to know someone who would be a great fit, please share this with them!

Via our employment page (click the job title links for the full description, requirements, and what to do):

Assessment Item Writers

Saylor Academy seeks educators to create and revise assessment items for our OER-based courseware. Assessment Item Writers will be asked to revise or replace questions that have been flagged for falling below certain psychometric thresholds or to bring questions up to the Academy’s revised minimum standards for acceptable assessment items. Educators may be asked to re-write all or part of the flagged items and must ensure that new questions are unique, original, and aligned to the course learning outcomes. Because this work is essential to Saylor Academy’s success, an honorarium of $150 is awarded for each project.

We’re looking for help across our entire course catalog for this one.

Consulting Professors

Saylor Academy seeks experienced professors to assist in developing OER-based courseware.

We’re looking for help with these courses, specifically:

BUS209: Organizational Behavior
BUS210: Corporate Communication

Course Peer Reviewers

Saylor Academy seeks peer reviewers to review its online, OER-based courseware. Peer reviewers are responsible for evaluating courseware and providing feedback on courses’ overall difficulty, quality and cohesiveness (a comprehensive questionnaire is provided). Because this feedback is essential to Saylor Academy’s success, an honorarium of $250 is awarded for each review.

Here’s the list of courses we need to put through reviews:

CS201: Elementary Data Structures
CS202: Discrete Structures
CS304: Compilers
CS403: Introduction to Modern Database Systems
CS405: Artificial Intelligence
CS408: Advanced Artificial Intelligence
CS409: Cryptography
CUST104: Business Communications
CUST105: Customer Service
MA111: Introduction to Mathematical Reasoning
PRDV251: HTML and CSS for Beginners
PRSM107: Crisis Communication
RWM101: Foundations of Real World Math
RWM102: Algebra
RWM103: Geometry
SALES103: Public Speaking for Sales

Photo via Visual hunt, modified | CC0
Tags: Employment, jobs, Open Education
BA.SS: TESU '17
AA.LS, with Honors: CC '16
CHW Certification: CC '15
ΦΘΚ, Alumna Member

"It does not matter how slowly you go as long as you do not stop."― Confucius

B&M University: '92-'95
CC: '95-'16
CLEP: A&I Lit; '08
DSST: HTYH; '08
FEMA: unusable at TESU
IIA: Ethics & CPCU; '15
Kaplan: PLA course; '14,
NFA: 2 CR; '15
SOPHIA: Intro Soc; '15
Straighterline: US History II, Intro Religion, Bus. Ethics, Prin. Mgmt, Cult. Anthro, Org Behavior, American Gov't, Bus. Comm; '15
Study.com: Social Psych, Hist of Vietnam, Abnorm Psych, Research Methods in Psych, Classroom Mgmt, Ed Psych; '16
TECEP: Psych of Women, Tech Writing, Med Term, Nutrition, Eng Comp I; '16
TESU: BA.SS Capstone course; '16

Ended with a total of 170 undergrad credits (plus lots of CEUs). My "I'm finally done" thread
Mamasaphire Wrote:This might be a fun opportunity for those who have already graduated:

"Some great paid gigs at Saylor Academy…pass it on! | Saylor Academy"

We currently have some important roles we need to fill at Saylor Academy. These contract jobs are temporary but a huge part of our success — just check out the list of our course consultants and reviewers to get a sense of how important they are to Saylor Academy.

Specifically, we are looking to hire great folks with higher education teaching experience and subject expertise for the positions below. If you happen to be such a person, we would love to hear from you; if you happen to know someone who would be a great fit, please share this with them!

Via our employment page (click the job title links for the full description, requirements, and what to do):

Assessment Item Writers

Saylor Academy seeks educators to create and revise assessment items for our OER-based courseware. Assessment Item Writers will be asked to revise or replace questions that have been flagged for falling below certain psychometric thresholds or to bring questions up to the Academy’s revised minimum standards for acceptable assessment items. Educators may be asked to re-write all or part of the flagged items and must ensure that new questions are unique, original, and aligned to the course learning outcomes. Because this work is essential to Saylor Academy’s success, an honorarium of $150 is awarded for each project.

We’re looking for help across our entire course catalog for this one.

Consulting Professors

Saylor Academy seeks experienced professors to assist in developing OER-based courseware.

We’re looking for help with these courses, specifically:

BUS209: Organizational Behavior
BUS210: Corporate Communication

Course Peer Reviewers

Saylor Academy seeks peer reviewers to review its online, OER-based courseware. Peer reviewers are responsible for evaluating courseware and providing feedback on courses’ overall difficulty, quality and cohesiveness (a comprehensive questionnaire is provided). Because this feedback is essential to Saylor Academy’s success, an honorarium of $250 is awarded for each review.

Here’s the list of courses we need to put through reviews:

CS201: Elementary Data Structures
CS202: Discrete Structures
CS304: Compilers
CS403: Introduction to Modern Database Systems
CS405: Artificial Intelligence
CS408: Advanced Artificial Intelligence
CS409: Cryptography
CUST104: Business Communications
CUST105: Customer Service
MA111: Introduction to Mathematical Reasoning
PRDV251: HTML and CSS for Beginners
PRSM107: Crisis Communication
RWM101: Foundations of Real World Math
RWM102: Algebra
RWM103: Geometry
SALES103: Public Speaking for Sales

Photo via Visual hunt, modified | CC0
Tags: Employment, jobs, Open Education

I am chuckling right now...in a similar vein, I sent them an email earlier with my feedback on the various questions on their non-credit final exams for Intro to Bus / Principles of Marketing that have incorrect answers. I didn't even bother to review my final exam....pass and done. But they could use some fine tuning for sure.
[COLOR="#696969"][SIZE=2]BSBA Marketing Goal
Completed since starting on 2/20/16:
[INDENT]TECEP: Sales Management, English Comp I & II, Technical Writing (93%)
UExcel: Principles of Marketing LL
Saylor: Intro to Business, Principles of Marketing UL
Study.com: American Government, Intro to World Religions, Human Resource Management (91), Organizational Behavior
SL: Intro to Comm, Business Communication, Principles of Management, Accounting I & II, Managerial Accounting, Intro to Sociology, Business Law
Penn Foster: Financial Management (97%), Strategic Business Management
ALEKS: Intermediate Algebra, College Algebra, Statistics
The Institutes: Insurance Ethics
TEEX: Cybersecurity for Everyone
Kaplan: PLA101, PLA102
[/COLOR][/SIZE]
[/INDENT]~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
CC '97: 6-10 GEN ED Credits
jblackhawk Wrote:I am chuckling right now...in a similar vein, I sent them an email earlier with my feedback on the various questions on their non-credit final exams for Intro to Bus / Principles of Marketing that have incorrect answers. I didn't even bother to review my final exam....pass and done. But they could use some fine tuning for sure.

Saylor hate stops here.
My comment is not hate. I appreciate their service, however, it is far from perfect.
[COLOR="#696969"][SIZE=2]BSBA Marketing Goal
Completed since starting on 2/20/16:
[INDENT]TECEP: Sales Management, English Comp I & II, Technical Writing (93%)
UExcel: Principles of Marketing LL
Saylor: Intro to Business, Principles of Marketing UL
Study.com: American Government, Intro to World Religions, Human Resource Management (91), Organizational Behavior
SL: Intro to Comm, Business Communication, Principles of Management, Accounting I & II, Managerial Accounting, Intro to Sociology, Business Law
Penn Foster: Financial Management (97%), Strategic Business Management
ALEKS: Intermediate Algebra, College Algebra, Statistics
The Institutes: Insurance Ethics
TEEX: Cybersecurity for Everyone
Kaplan: PLA101, PLA102
[/COLOR][/SIZE]
[/INDENT]~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
CC '97: 6-10 GEN ED Credits

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Michael Saylor Tax Evasion? eriehiker 20 2,511 03-12-2024, 01:54 PM
Last Post: LevelUP
  81 Courses in 24 Hours Alpha 29 2,229 09-11-2022, 07:06 PM
Last Post: Pats20
  Modern Languages Launches Online Language Courses LevelUP 0 464 07-23-2022, 11:09 PM
Last Post: LevelUP
  Resume Rewrite from Indeed Vle045 6 759 06-22-2022, 04:04 PM
Last Post: Vle045
  Most fun/entertaining relevant courses rachel83az 11 1,634 04-06-2021, 02:09 PM
Last Post: jch
  Vested - Free online courses (orientations) bjcheung77 0 916 11-16-2020, 06:38 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Free Udemy Courses padma 3 1,851 03-03-2020, 04:57 PM
Last Post: Merlin
  Article: Moving From 5% to 85% Completion Rates for Online Courses PrettyFlyforaChiGuy 1 1,141 06-12-2019, 01:32 AM
Last Post: Merlin
  Online courses are cost effective but detrimental to learning? shamin 14 2,871 04-03-2019, 05:47 PM
Last Post: ronaldemail1
  US vs foreign tech workers (moved from Study.com New CS Courses) armstrongsubero 17 2,447 12-14-2018, 07:09 PM
Last Post: nyvrem