Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Help to finding A degree/plan.
(03-11-2018, 02:43 PM)bjcheung77 Wrote: My math isn't strong either, for Stats, I had 65% on Intro to Stats at SL, I took Business Stats and got an 85%.  I took College Algebra and Pre-Calculus at ALEKS,  while taking both courses, College Algebra was "easier" for me than Pre-Calc.  It depends on the student, but if I would take the course, I would take the easier one even though the final would be a higher percentage.

Let's do a quick calculation, I think it'll be about the same either course you take.   So pretend I am working with my College Algebra and I'm doing 80%, up to the final.  I'll have 40/100 going into the final.  I'll need a 30/100 to pass the course.  In order to get 70+ to get credit, you will need to have 60% or higher for the final.  

For Precalc, I might be doing 75% up to the final.  I'll have 52.5 going into the final.  I'll need a 17.5 for the final to pass, that equates to about 58% on the final.  Because Precalc is a bit harder for me, I would have a harder time getting that 58% to pass, but it would be easier to get a 60 to pass the College Algebra.

Too bad you missed the ALEKS boat, you may want to take a stab at the Shmoop offerings if math is really an issue for you.  For me, I took everything I needed but STATS as I couldn't get pass that dreaded 70%.  If Shmoop offered those courses then, I would have tried taking it there.   Flip a coin, choose which one you want... just work hard on getting at least a 70%.

Okay, I kinda want to use one from SL, since I got a sub there atm. It's either College Algebra or Pre-Calculus, but I think I'll go with Pre-Calculus, which will count I guess? It's kind of confusing.
There has been quite a bit of positive feedback on the Study.com math courses.  The reason we're recommending the College Algebra is because it is showing as the clear requirement listed for the BSBA; refer to my earlier post.  If you do opt for the Shmoop route, remember you need to pass both Algebra I & Algebra II through them to get the 3 credits that you need.
Amberton University
- MS Human Relations and Business - 2022
Thomas Edison State University (TESU)
- BSBA General Management - 2018
- ASNSM Computer Science -2018

(03-11-2018, 06:22 PM)allvia Wrote: There has been quite a bit of positive feedback on the Study.com math courses.  The reason we're recommending the College Algebra is because it is showing as the clear requirement listed for the BSBA; refer to my earlier post.  If you do opt for the Shmoop route, remember you need to pass both Algebra I & Algebra II through them to get the 3 credits that you need.

I don't think i'll go with Shmoop since I prefer SL's format.

I guess I have to contact TESU.
Precalc assumes that you know algebra. The algebra in precalc will be harder and you will have to learn some trig on top of the algebra. It's also not very clear if TESU will accept Precalc in place of College Algebra, so if you really want to do that, make sure you get them to plan the Precalc course into your eval first.
NanoDegree: Intro to Self-Driving Cars (2019)
Coursera: Stanford Machine Learning (2019)
TESU: BA in Comp Sci (2016)
TECEP:Env Ethics (2015); TESU PLA:Software Eng, Computer Arch, C++, Advanced C++, Data Struct (2015); TESU Courses:Capstone, Database Mngmnt Sys, Op Sys, Artificial Intel, Discrete Math, Intro to Portfolio Dev, Intro PLA (2014-16); DSST:Anthro, Pers Fin, Astronomy (2014); CLEP:Intro to Soc (2014); Saylor.org:Intro to Computers (2014); CC: 69 units (1980-88)

PLA Tips Thread - TESU: What is in a Portfolio?
(03-12-2018, 10:46 AM)davewill Wrote: Precalc assumes that you know algebra. The algebra in precalc will be harder and you will have to learn some trig on top of the algebra. It's also not very clear if TESU will accept Precalc in place of College Algebra, so if you really want to do that, make sure you get them to plan the Precalc course into your eval first.

Yeah, I'll try to do that. Thanks
I need a new course, since i'm almost done with business communication..

Do I need financial accounting and managerial accounting (both SL) for BSBA?
(03-15-2018, 11:21 PM)Danielp Wrote: I need a new course, since i'm almost done with business communication..

If you're using SL for those, you need to take Accounting I & II.  They are also available through Study.com
TESU BSBA/HR 2018 - WVNCC BOG AAS 2017 - GGU Cert in Mgmt 2000
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA
(03-15-2018, 11:28 PM)dfrecore Wrote:
(03-15-2018, 11:21 PM)Danielp Wrote: I need a new course, since i'm almost done with business communication..

If you're using SL for those, you need to take Accounting I & II.  They are also available through Study.com

I have already taken Accounting I & II through SL. I got a membership at SL for another 2 weeks and I want to get a few more courses before it expires.
(03-15-2018, 11:47 PM)Danielp Wrote:

I have already taken Accounting I & II through SL. I got a membership at SL for another 2 weeks and I want to get a few more courses before it expires.

If you take Financial Accounting there, it comes into TESU as ACC-201 (Intermediate Accounting) and Managerial Accounting comes in as ACC-303 (Cost Accounting).  A good bet to do these if you've already taken Acct I & II there, should be fairly easy.
TESU BSBA/HR 2018 - WVNCC BOG AAS 2017 - GGU Cert in Mgmt 2000
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA
(03-15-2018, 11:50 PM)dfrecore Wrote:
(03-15-2018, 11:47 PM)Danielp Wrote:

If you take Financial Accounting there, it comes into TESU as ACC-201 (Intermediate Accounting) and Managerial Accounting comes in as ACC-303 (Cost Accounting).  A good bet to do these if you've already taken Acct I & II there, should be fairly easy.

Okay, last question! These 2 courses can be used without the accounting concentration, right?

Thanks by the way.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  What do i Do if an application asks for GPA with a degree from the Big 3? Crt 5 3,235 09-19-2018, 08:54 AM
Last Post: Johmford
  Transfer Credit towards degree @ TESU Supermind 2 2,877 09-14-2018, 03:30 PM
Last Post: dfrecore
  Help with figuring out TESU History Degree plan AJay5595 10 3,368 09-06-2018, 10:56 AM
Last Post: BAngieB
  Associates degree in Business - Options? allen3373 9 2,692 09-04-2018, 02:57 PM
Last Post: cookderosa
  My Technical Studies Degree Plan SRES 17 4,904 08-31-2018, 12:23 AM
  BSBA in Finance Degree Plan from TESU UnbreakablyDetermined 2 2,790 08-30-2018, 11:22 PM
Last Post: Luiscastaneda25
  Has anyone been overlooked for a degree Crt 21 5,048 08-29-2018, 12:06 PM
Last Post: jsd
  Advice on Choosing a Degree Program UnbreakablyDetermined 3 1,978 08-26-2018, 08:06 PM
  COSC 2nd Degree Plan mb232627 5 2,343 08-24-2018, 12:55 AM
Last Post: mb232627
  TESU math degree plan. Am I doing this right? jakepg 9 2,716 08-23-2018, 09:20 PM
Last Post: armstrongsubero