Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Help with Academic Eval TESC
Can anyone please review my eval from thomas edison state college.  It says i only need 36 hours to get my liberal studies degree.  I was curious on what classes I can take to satisfy my degree in the quickest way.  I have to get a degree by summer of 2019 to get a promotion.  

Thx,

Jason

Eval is attached

Attached Files
.htm   academic eval.htm (Size: 56.06 KB / Downloads: 40)
I created a spreadsheet for you. There are a couple of things that need to be moved (contact TESU to have them do this ASAP):

1) AOJ-301 Police & Society needs to be moved to the AOS
2) POS-110 American Government needs to go up to Civic Engagement
3) MUS-100 needs to go to the AOS

These are all highlighted on my spreadsheet.

Next, apply for the Study.com/Guardian scholarship.  You'll have to take Personal Finance first, which will not be used in your degree (it's a free elective, and that area is full), but you'll get 5 free courses in addition.  You should use it to take English Comp II, and 4 UL courses.

Then, take the free Insurance Ethics course.

Then, determine what kinds of courses you want to take for your AOS: the easiest UL to find is Shmoop Lit courses (some can be difficult) to History courses.

Do you want to take tests like CLEP/DSST?  Or would you rather take coures like from Study.com and SL?  Once you determine those answers, we can help you narrow down your choices.

Attached Files
.xlsx   jayboy TESU BALS.xlsx (Size: 47.78 KB / Downloads: 11)
TESU BSBA/HR 2018 - WVNCC BOG AAS 2017 - GGU Cert in Mgmt 2000
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA
[-] The following 1 user Likes dfrecore's post:
  • Joeman200
Thanks for your time Defrecore.

I would probably be better suited for Study.com or straighterline.  I haven't attended school in almost 30 years.  I will contact TESC immediately.  

Can i PM you with any questions I have in the future?  This is so overwhelming lol.
(01-31-2018, 10:36 AM)jayboy Wrote: Thanks for your time Defrecore.

I would probably be better suited for Study.com or straighterline.  I haven't attended school in almost 30 years.  I will contact TESC immediately.  

Can i PM you with any questions I have in the future?  This is so overwhelming lol.

You can, but it's easier to just post on here.  You're probably going to ask a question that someone else has as well, so it's good for an answer to be on here for others to see.

And, I'm good at some things but not others - you will want other people to contribute, since they may know more than I do on a particular subject.
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA
Got it thx
I would use this as your accountability and progress thread, you can ask questions and someone will try to answer.  In addition to what was provided to you by dfrecore, I also have recommendations.  I made an adjustment to the spreadsheet to reflect the following:

1) My recommendations to use mainly StraighterLine open book exams, with a couple of them that are closed book.  You can probably pass the courses without much work, basically just search the online text for answers.  If you need help with the closed book ones, tell me or PM.  I would stick with these as they are the "easiest" of them all.

2) I added three Study.com courses, to get you the discounts associated with Study.com (cornerstone waiver, capstone discount, residency waiver discount).  These two History courses may have a little bit of overlap, if you want to change them, for example, you can choose two more Study.com HIS courses over the SL IT Fundamentals and Survey of World History as they are closed book (but simple courses as you can have the coursework open in another window or secondary screen).

3) I moved your ECO-111 Macroeconomics up to Gen Eds so your AOJ-140 Basic Criminal Investigation can be used in the Area of Study along with MUS100-Music Appreciation.  You don't have to take an extra course this way and it uses up 3 credits from your "other courses" field.

4) You should do all StraighterLine courses first quickly, you can probably finish them all in one or two months.  Then work on your Study.com on another month, lastly, work on that Capstone and you're done.  Each StraighterLine course can be done in a couple of days if you push hard!

Attached Files
.xlsx   jayboy TESU BALS Recommendations.xlsx (Size: 48.11 KB / Downloads: 3)
In Progress: Walden MBA | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: Global Management & Entrepreneurship, ASU (Freebie)

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]
(02-01-2018, 12:42 AM)bjcheung77 Wrote: 3) I moved your ECO-111 Macroeconomics up to Gen Eds so your AOJ-140 Basic Criminal Investigation can be used in the Area of Study along with MUS100-Music Appreciation.  You don't have to take an extra course this way and it uses up 3 credits from your "other courses" field.

I assumed from the course name and the fact that TESU put it down in "Other Courses", that it can't be used in the AOS or Gen Ed's - it's one of those AOJ courses Sanantone was talking about that's "applied" rather than theory, and therefore won't work as you'd like.

jayboy - I also like to give people options, rather than recommend specific courses in the AOS if there are not specific requirements.  I also HATE it when people say that you can just easily get through 50 SL courses in a month or whatever.  It is then really discouraging if YOU can't get through a bunch of them.  I have never been able myself to get through multiple courses in a short period of time, nor have I found every course to be as "easy" as everyone else seems to think they are (obviously they are all smarter than me, and that's fine).  Some things were easy for me, because I had experience in them (Management and Marketing were 2), but I try to give the caveat that what's easy for me is not necessarily easy for you.

Anyway, please don't worry if things aren't as easy as everyone else says they are.  Life happens, and so your timeline is your own, and not anyone else's.  If you want to use bjcheung77's recommendations, by all means, do.  But if you find that you want to map out your own plan and do it in your own time, that's fine too.
Thanks for the options.  I will take a look at both and see what fits my needs.  

Jason
@jayboy, BTW, it has been TESU rather than TESC for almost three years now. Any threads or sites you're reading that still refer to TESC should be taken with a grain of salt as much has changed since that time.
NanoDegree: Intro to Self-Driving Cars (2019)
Coursera: Stanford Machine Learning (2019)
TESU: BA in Comp Sci (2016)
TECEP:Env Ethics (2015); TESU PLA:Software Eng, Computer Arch, C++, Advanced C++, Data Struct (2015); TESU Courses:Capstone, Database Mngmnt Sys, Op Sys, Artificial Intel, Discrete Math, Intro to Portfolio Dev, Intro PLA (2014-16); DSST:Anthro, Pers Fin, Astronomy (2014); CLEP:Intro to Soc (2014); Saylor.org:Intro to Computers (2014); CC: 69 units (1980-88)

PLA Tips Thread - TESU: What is in a Portfolio?

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  First Post - TESC Academic Evaluation Questions npk32 34 5,583 07-18-2018, 01:03 PM
Last Post: npk32
  General question about TESU academic evaluation fork 3 1,285 03-24-2018, 05:43 PM
Last Post: Ideas
  TESU Academic Eval (Questions - Help Please) Gloddy 6 2,047 03-17-2018, 08:15 AM
Last Post: Gloddy
  Is TESU's academic evaluation less accurate for out-of-major calculations? Pelican 4 1,222 03-14-2018, 11:12 AM
Last Post: rlw74
  Help with Excelsior eval Iamtehking 5 1,410 03-03-2018, 06:22 PM
Last Post: Life Long Learning
Question Psych electives for TESC Psych degree KatePsychology 4 1,419 02-08-2018, 11:08 AM
Last Post: jsd
  Newbie looking for a roadmap for TESC associate degree in computer science nevsage 6 3,955 01-04-2018, 11:11 PM
Last Post: dfrecore
  ajs1976 TESC BSBA accountability thread ajs1976 41 10,293 01-02-2018, 11:27 AM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  UExcel Business Information Systems TESC Equivalency laughter 4 1,743 11-09-2017, 11:47 PM
Last Post: jsh1138
  What Masters programs are a good fit to transfer to from TESC? Doctor H 9 2,699 09-23-2017, 12:01 AM
Last Post: sanantone