Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Help with Direction
Hello, I've been lurking for a few weeks and only recently have heard of CLEPs and the ability to test out at the Big Three schools and am interested in pursuing such a path. My general situation is that I am interested in teaching English abroad which requires an accredited BA/BS in order to obtain a visa and so for my purposes a degree in any field will do. My problem is that navigating through the jungle of bureaucracy has never been my forte, so I am hoping some of the more experienced users here can help point me in the right direction. Here's my overall situation:

--I'd like to earn a BA degree in the shortest amount of time feasible and for the lowest possible cost, preferably by testing out.

--I previously attended a trade school high school which was supposed to grant me 15 college credits. I also attended two different community colleges years back for 2-3 semesters and so should have some credits from them as well, so I reckon I should have somewhere between 20-30 credits which I plan on confirming in the coming days.

--I live in New Jersey and so Thomas Edison State University seems the obvious choice, though I could be wrong here.

--Of the various BAs I see on the website, the topics I am most familiar and comfortable with and thus would be easiest for me would be religion and history.

Given those facts, I suppose I am wondering:

1) What would be the best course of action for me? Can anyone suggest a path to fulfilling my goal or lend me some advice?

2) If I work on the degree full time (currently do freelance work and am able to take the time off), in how short of a time could I feasibly complete the degree? I'd like to do so sooner than later, which is why I am interested in testing out with CLEPs to begin with, but I also realize that overworking can prove detrimental.

Thanks in advance for any help, I appreciate it. Again, I always tend to get confused with trying to navigate what (to me) is like a labyrinth of creating a degree plan and all the steps involved, so if anyone can help point me in the right direction I'd be very much obliged.
Speed really just depends on the person. Once you have all of your credits please post them here so people can point you in the right direction.
MA in progress
Certificate in the Study of Capitalism - University of Arkansas
BS, Business  Administration - Ashworth College
Certificates in Accounting & Finance 
BA, Regents Bachelor of Arts - West Virginia University
AAS & AGS
TESU's BALS would probably be your best bet, since the Capstone (the only course you'll have to take there) is half the price since you're in-state.

Attached Files
.xlsx   Less than 1 minute ago">TESU 2016 BALS.xlsx (Size: 43.35 KB / Downloads: 0)
TESU BSBA/HR 2018 - WVNCC BOG AAS 2017 - GGU Cert in Mgmt 2000
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [noob] Looking for direction clmccullough@kc.rr.com 10 2,087 10-29-2017, 01:24 AM
Last Post: dfrecore
  Brand New here - Looking for some Direction kirby1088 13 1,366 01-16-2016, 05:30 PM
Last Post: GoodYellowDogs
  Would appreciate feedback for direction GeorgeCa 16 1,664 02-05-2014, 03:14 AM
Last Post: UptonSinclair
  TESC eval complete. Need direction/advice Oldschoollear 6 854 12-11-2013, 10:12 PM
Last Post: Westerner
  Need Help with Direction....please! Im a BIG Newbie abc1234 10 1,408 05-01-2013, 06:17 AM
Last Post: AlbaTiVo
  Newbie looking for direction with Charter Oaks actg101 7 1,105 04-08-2011, 07:59 AM
Last Post: burbuja0512
  Please point me in the right direction vintagemother 16 2,058 11-21-2010, 07:38 PM
Last Post: vintagemother
  Please steer me in the right direction! pflournoy 6 1,531 09-24-2010, 11:19 AM
Last Post: MelB8tz