Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Holiday Thread
Hi there virtual friends - I wanted to wish each and every one of you a WONDERFUL holiday season.

Also, I thought it would be nice for anyone that wants to comment on what they're doing over the winter break. What are your plans? What really cool gifts are you giving? What gifts do you think you'll be getting? Are you planning on studying or will you be taking a break from the books? Anything else you'd like to add too!

-My brother (a COSC alum Smile) will be arriving tomorrow with his family and then my in-laws will be coming too. We will have a total of 6 adults, 7 kids, and 4 dogs in my house! It will be crazy but fun.

-The coolest gift I am giving: I am getting DH a MacBook pro. heee heeee I am the best wife ever.

-Not sure what I'll be getting! All I really want is a white Christmas. We haven't had hardly any snow this year in Denver.

-I will be studying both IC and SL over the break. I hope that I can keep a good pace, but there may be difficulties with the full house.
Regis University, ITESO, Global MBA with a focus in Emerging Markets 4.0 GPA, Dual-university degree (Spanish/English) 
COSC BS, Business Admin

My BS Credits:
Spanish 80 | Humanities 67 | A & I Lit 72 | Sub Abuse 452 | Bus Ethics 445 | Tech Writ 62 | Math 53 | HTYH 454 | Am. Govt 65 | Env & Humanity 64 | Marketing 65 | Micro 61| Mgmt 63| Org Behavior 65| MIS 446|Computing 432 | BL II 61 | M&B 50 | Finance 411 | Supervision 437| Intro Bus. 439| Law Enforcement 63|  SL: Accounting I B | Accounting II C+| Macro A | ECE: Labor Relations A | Capstone: A| FEMA PDS Cert 
What is this Christmas break of which you speak?...

I'm studying straight through.:willynilly: I'll take Christmas day off though. It's all part of the program.

Merry Christmas
[SIZE="2"]graduated
[/SIZE]
jackzack87 Wrote:What is this Christmas break of which you speak?...

I'm studying straight through.:willynilly: I'll take Christmas day off though. It's all part of the program.

Merry Christmas
lol.. Yes, for many of us here there is no break! I do think that some of us have taken some time away from the computer because I've noticed the forum slow down just a little bit.
Regis University, ITESO, Global MBA with a focus in Emerging Markets 4.0 GPA, Dual-university degree (Spanish/English) 
COSC BS, Business Admin

My BS Credits:
Spanish 80 | Humanities 67 | A & I Lit 72 | Sub Abuse 452 | Bus Ethics 445 | Tech Writ 62 | Math 53 | HTYH 454 | Am. Govt 65 | Env & Humanity 64 | Marketing 65 | Micro 61| Mgmt 63| Org Behavior 65| MIS 446|Computing 432 | BL II 61 | M&B 50 | Finance 411 | Supervision 437| Intro Bus. 439| Law Enforcement 63|  SL: Accounting I B | Accounting II C+| Macro A | ECE: Labor Relations A | Capstone: A| FEMA PDS Cert 
I scheduled for my final UL test next week and then registering with TESC to complete required courses for April graduation. I am also registering son for April graduation (he's complete). YEAH, MERRY CHRISTMAS AND HAPPY NEW YEAR TO ALL.

Hopefully, next time I write it will be my I'm all done note for both of us (and one more aside, my oldest is just four classes away -- he's hoping to make it by January 1 with his testing, we'll see. (I would be so excited for all of us to graduate together). It's been a long hard ride, but well worth this site and many thanks for all the advice along the way.
A.S. General Transfer Chattanooga State 2009
B.S.L.A. Thomas Edison State College June 7, 2013
33 CLEP
18 DSST
frankiebleyes Wrote:I scheduled for my final UL test next week and then registering with TESC to complete required courses for April graduation. I am also registering son for April graduation (he's complete). YEAH, MERRY CHRISTMAS AND HAPPY NEW YEAR TO ALL.

Hopefully, next time I write it will be my I'm all done note for both of us (and one more aside, my oldest is just four classes away -- he's hoping to make it by January 1 with his testing, we'll see. (I would be so excited for all of us to graduate together). It's been a long hard ride, but well worth this site and many thanks for all the advice along the way.

CONGRATULATIONS!!!! That is the best Christmas present. I'm also along this road with my DS and it's so rewarding and really something that has brought us closer. I love hearing about families that are studying together!! (How's that for non-traditional?) Wink
COSC BS, Business Admin

My BS Credits:
frankiebleyes Wrote:I scheduled for my final UL test next week and then registering with TESC to complete required courses for April graduation. I am also registering son for April graduation (he's complete). YEAH, MERRY CHRISTMAS AND HAPPY NEW YEAR TO ALL.

Congrats, you are sooo close to wrapping it up. I agree it would be a great present for everyone to graduate together.

Merry Christmas to everyone. I will be going back home to South Texas to be with the family, and to do some Deer Hunting for the Christmas break. Mostly deer hunting with my daughter. I think I'll be studying for the DSST Western Europe since 1945 while I'm in my deer stand, and I'll keep my daughter on the lookout for the deer.
Happy Holidays!
[SIZE="1"][SIZE="3"][SIZE="2"]Excelsior College - DONE[/SIZE][/SIZE]
[SIZE="2"]AAS-[SIZE="1"]2009[/SIZE], BSLS-[SIZE="1"]2010[/SIZE] [/SIZE]

[COLOR="DarkRed"][B][SIZE="2"]Thomas Edison State College - DONE[/SIZE]
[SIZE="2"]BA in History[/SIZE]-[SIZE="1"]2011[/SIZE][/COLOR][/B]

[SIZE="2"]Texas A&M University Central Texas[/SIZE]
Master of Arts in History - 18/36 SH

CLEPs Passed
[SIZE="1"][SIZE="1"]Spanish, Freshman Comp, English Comp w/ Essay, Social Science & Hist, Info Sys & Comp App, Intro Sociology, Prin of Mngmt, American Gov , US History I, US History II, Western Civ I, Western Civ II[/SIZE][/SIZE]
DSSTs Passed
[SIZE="1"][SIZE="1"]Civil War & Reconstruction, Rise & Fall of Soviet Union, History of Vietnam War, Intro Modern Middle East, Western Europe Since 1945, Drug and Alcohol, Here's to Your Hlth, Intro To Comp, Prin of Sup, Technical Writing, Prin of Physical Science I[/SIZE][/SIZE]

Quote: There are no stupid questions, only stupid people. "Mr. Garrison"[/SIZE]
Merry Christmas to all the wonderful people on the IC forum. Hope everyone can enjoy themselves (even if you are going to study:o ) But I am taking a break. I get the week b/w Christmas and New Year's off of school so no studying/testing/researching or anything. Just enjoying my free time.

Anyway, I agree with Burbuja. The best present I'm receiving this year is a white christmas!!!! I love snow!!! Don't really like the cold, but I love the snow.

Merry Christmas!!!!
CLEP:
West. Civ I - 65, A&I Lit - 66, Biology - 65, Chemistry - 55, Nat. Sciences - 64, US Hist I - 68, Am. Lit - 61, US Hist II - 62, Am. Gov. - 67, Macroecon. - 63, Microecon. - 75, College Comp. - 66, Prin. of Marketing - 68, Prin. of Mngt - 71

DSST:
Civil War and Reconst. - 70, Prin. of Supervision - 443, Intro to World Rel - 477, Intro to Bus - 443, HR Mgmt - 64, Intro to Computing - 458, Prin. of Fin. Acct - 80Big Grin, Bus Ethics & Society - 447, Prin. of Finance - 437

ALEKS:
Int. Algebra, College Algebra, Precalc, Intro to Stats., Business Stats.

SAYLOR:
Corp. Comm - 78%, Bus Law and Ethics - 76%

PENN FOSTER:
Manag. Acct. - 96, Int. Acct. 1 - 98, Int. Acct. 2 - 87, Cost Acct. - 94, Strategic Bus. Mngt. - 95

ADAMS STATE:
Auditing - 89

LSU:
Adv. Acct. - B

TECEP:
Fed Income Taxation

BSBA Accounting
Merry Christmas to all of you, and I hope all of you wishing for a white Christmas find snow outside of your window on Christmas morning.

DH and I are having a modest Christmas, no lavish gifts, because we have some home repairs to spend the money on next year. But it will stil be a wonderful holiday. We'll travel west about 2 hours to visit his grandmother, and then come back home to have dinner on Christmas night with his father and siblings. Some of my siblings will be visiting right after Christmas, so we'll get to spend time with them, too.

When time permits, I'll be reading FEMA material and hopefully finding the time to take the test.

And I plan on spending some time just reading for fun, and doing some needlework, too.
Merry Christmas to all...and may everyone have one as joyous as mine will be- my brother who has been out of contact with the family for 22 years will be spending Christmas eve with us. Thank God it's never too late as long as you're still living.
"The only thing that separates us from the animals is our ability to accessorize!" Clairee in "Steel Magnolias"
BA General Studies COSC 5/31/15
COSC Cornerstone A 10/2013, Capstone A 11/2014
UExel- Social Psych A, Psych of A and A- A, Research Methods/Psych B, Pathophysiology A.
FEMA- 27, NFA-Q118, Q 534, Q137 and Q318
Clep- 2008 Humanities 75, 2009 Intro Sociology 67, US History I 69, US History II 61, American Lit. 71, Analyze & Int. Lit. 75, 2011 Western Civ. ll 58, Social Science 67
DSST-2010 HTYH 463, Ethics in America 433, Sub. Abuse 444, 2011 Art of the Western World 67, Civil War and Recon. 58, Org. Behavior 64, 2010 Env. and Humanity 68, Hist. of the Vietnam War 76, 2011 Intro World Religions 451, 2013 Rise and Fall of the Soviet Union 62, Technical Writing 60, Business Ethics and Society 449.
TEEX- 2013 Cyber Security classes x 3
DACC and IU: Speech, Psych, Rhetoric, Creative Writing
ZsaZsa Wrote:Merry Christmas to all...and may everyone have one as joyous as mine will be- my brother who has been out of contact with the family for 22 years will be spending Christmas eve with us. Thank God it's never too late as long as you're still living.

What a wonderful Christmas gift, ZsaZsa! I can only try to imagine the joy in your heart right now...

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Shocked Elon Musk News Thread LevelUP 10 473 02-03-2024, 08:00 PM
Last Post: Vle045
  Finding Pictures of Odd Things Thread Vle045 17 1,350 04-19-2022, 09:09 PM
Last Post: Alpha
Lightbulb WGU Employee Thread TheTruthIsOutThere 8 1,351 08-18-2021, 04:13 PM
Last Post: TheTruthIsOutThere
  The Best Life Advice Thread natshar 8 2,605 02-18-2019, 07:57 PM
Last Post: a4tunatemom
  Unable to see recent posts on my own thread when logged in Thorne 15 5,174 10-24-2017, 03:43 PM
Last Post: sgloer
  Head about to explode? Quick break thread. Joeman200 6 1,748 03-20-2017, 04:38 PM
Last Post: Joeman200
  What are you reading thread? yb1 11 2,539 03-18-2017, 02:39 PM
Last Post: dewisant
  Edit Thread Title sekiflying 2 1,225 11-25-2016, 07:11 AM
Last Post: sekiflying
  My "Thank you!" thread - CCAF knocked out in less than two years thanks to IC and... OfficerA 3 1,099 03-31-2014, 10:33 PM
Last Post: cookderosa
  New Thread? Stacy 1 927 08-10-2012, 08:44 PM
Last Post: NAP