Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
My "Thank you!" thread - CCAF knocked out in less than two years thanks to IC and...
more importantly, the forums here at degreeforum; while the flashcards are fantastic, the wealth and collection of knowledge these forums had has helped me in not only knocking out a milestone in an enlisted Airman's career, but also ensured that I have an affordable and legitimate plan with how I want to develop educationally.

A little background: I joined the USAF beginning of January 2012, for a change of pace; life wasn't too bad, but I had gotten tired of my family and wanted to start from zero. I wasn't aware nor did I care about benefits, pay, etc; to this day I still insist to my leadership that I could be stationed anywhere and I'll find stuff to get busy with.

While CLEPs/DSSTs were mentioned in a really quick slideshow during BMT, pursuing my education never lit me up until I found out people around me who tried to do so years ago, and quit when they found it too bothersome/boring (my own education couselor told me he tried to CLEP A&I Lit, failed it, and stuck with B & M's since). I was also (un)fortunate to have had a supervisor who wanted me to be competitive for awards (but never bothered to write one) who never stopped nagging me to go to school, so I figured, why not.

Flashforward to now; anyone who's seen my track record with CLEPs/DSSTs knows I'm doing all right for business, thanks in large part to the input here and me finding out what I love to do. As well, knocking out the management courses helped take care of my core requirements/electives for my CCAF; even though my thoughts were already well beyond an AS degree, finding out that I will graduate this April is a nice reminder for me to see how far I've gotten, and it's in large part thanks to everyone here.

My favorite part though? (and the main reason I'm tooting my horn) Stats came out regarding the graduates for April 2014, and I knocked out this degree a good 6 years below the Active Duty average (and even greater when the other components are included).

So once more, thank you all; at this point I only have two more CBEs I plan on taking (Introductory Business Law and Principles of Finance), but I signed up for 6 months and will probably extend that, as I want to keep giving back to the community and I see myself taking more CBEs as long as I'm still in the USAF.
Great Job!

Keep up the momentum. I started my journey late, but blazed through CLEP, I got my CCAF AAS last year and just received by BSBA in the mail last week. Congrats on part I of your journey.
CLEPS Passed: 10 DSST Passed: 11 TECEPS: 1

PrLoko-isms
Don't waste time by trying to save time. The only sure way to complete your degree is to knock out credits quickly and efficiently.

Don't let easiness bite you in the rear. Know your endgame (where you want to be) and plan backward from there. Your education is a means to an end.

Be honest professionally, socially and academically. There are people (especially little ones) who look up to you and they're going by your example.

Be proud. Whether you're an Engineer or Fast Food worker, there is honor and dignity in hard work.

Picking on people weaker than you only proves that you are a weak person.
Congratulations! Just to let you know, you don't have to have a paid membership to continue with this forum. It's all free to post and participate Cool
BA History 2014 - TESC

The Lord is my shepherd. Psalm 23

"I'm going on an adventure!' ~AUJ
"It is our fight." ~DoS
"I am not alone." ~BotFA
"All we have to decide is what to do with the time that's given to us." ~FotR
"There is still hope." ~TTT
"Courage..." "This day, we fight!" ~RotK

CLEP: A&I Lit 74 ~ Am Lit 73 ~ Eng Lit 72 ~ Humanities 75 ~ College Math 77 ~ Western Civ I 63 ~ Western Civ II 69 ~ Natural Sci 64 ~ US History I 76 ~ US History II 69 ~ Sociology 68 ~ Am Gov 69 ~ Social Sci & Hist 71 ~ College Comp 61 ~ Marketing 70 ~ Management 66 ~ Psychology 67

DSST: Supervision 453 ~ Tech Writing 61 ~ Computing 427 ~ Middle East 65 ~ Soviet Union 65 ~ Vietnam War 74 ~[COLOR="#0099cc"] Civil War 68

[/COLOR]Other: College+ Biblical Social Justice B ~ ECE World Conflicts Since 1900 A

TESC courses: Capstone A ~ Leaders in History A ~ Photography 101 A- ~ Games People Play A ~ International Relations A- ~ Mass Communications I A

$5 off IC - 59690
My hair jewelry business
Congratulations!! And I love where you said that when you first learned about CLEP that it didn't "light you up" and that's so perfectly what DOES happen here! It LIGHTS PEOPLE UP! love it- and congratulations!! Well done!

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Big Grin Yet Another Boring Elon Musk Fanboy Thread LevelUP 3 626 11-14-2022, 09:49 PM
Last Post: freeloader
  What does college look like in 10...20 years? cardiacclep 10 1,453 08-25-2022, 04:48 AM
Last Post: MitchellHolst
  Student signs up for class, finds out 2 months in that his professor died 2 years ago studyingfortests 5 727 07-27-2022, 05:32 PM
Last Post: MrPanda
  Any Spanish Song Favorites From the Past Few Years? LevelUP 5 686 07-07-2022, 12:13 PM
Last Post: LevelUP
  Finding Pictures of Odd Things Thread Vle045 17 1,303 04-19-2022, 09:09 PM
Last Post: Alpha
Lightbulb WGU Employee Thread TheTruthIsOutThere 8 1,315 08-18-2021, 04:13 PM
Last Post: TheTruthIsOutThere
  Dr. Amy Cuddy 8 years for 1 degree ashkir 3 950 07-11-2021, 01:56 PM
Last Post: ashkir
  The Best Life Advice Thread natshar 8 2,510 02-18-2019, 07:57 PM
Last Post: a4tunatemom
  Only took him 15 years! Sparklette 4 1,643 05-16-2018, 10:41 PM
Last Post: Sagan
  Man took 58 years to get his college degree Ideas 22 4,951 03-26-2018, 04:04 PM
Last Post: Life Long Learning