Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Holiday Thread
Seasons greetings to each and everyone here. I won't be having a white christmas seeing I am in the southern hemisphere, so I will be enjoying a lovely summer christmas here in the sub tropics. It will still be traditional though with the christmas turkey and all the goodies that go with it...and will also include swimming in the pool and sunbathing.

My parents and sister are the only ones living in Australia so we will holiday up in North Queensland (Whitsundays) and then head back to our home country New Zealand, for a two week holiday to catch up with the rest of the family.

Thank you for all your help throughout the year and look forward to more study next year.
Gavin
Set yourself goals, not limitations
This Christmas I am turning one of the rooms in my apartment into one dedicated just to trains. My son has a collection of trains at his fathers. I just bought him another set and have been accumulating figurines, fake foliage, a Christmas Holiday Village and will be working on it until x-mas to make his train layout perfect. I am having alot of fun doing it.

I always loved trains. I was never the kind of girl who wanted barbies...I wanted a train set...

unfortunately I never received one for x-mas. I can now live my x-mas dreams vicariously through my son.

I hope he will let me play with his train setup after Christmas..
When I am not studying - https://youtu.be/C-kk8xa0BLQ

MS in Public Health at SNHU in progress. Expected Grad Date - August 2017

Hardstyle Kettlebell Certified -2014, Ice Chamber Kettlebell Sport Certified - 2015

NCSF Personal Trainer -2010

Done! BS in LIBERAL STUDIES From Excelsior. Conferral Date - Dec 18, 2009!

Licensed Practical Nurse - 1996

Completed!
Military - 58 credits
Traditional - 12 credits
Clep - 21 credits
Excelsior Exams - Organizational Behavior(B), World Population (A), Ethics (A), Cultural Diversity (B),Psychology of A&A (A), Gerontology (B)
DSST -Drugs & Alcohol (A), Civil War (A), Rise and Fall of the Soviet Union (A), Social Psychology (A)
Penn Foster- Info Lit (passed)
You're never too old to play with trains April. I still have my model railway set up with all the little townships, mountain with a tunnel, and trees etc. Absolutely love it and it is a great past timeWink
Set yourself goals, not limitations
Tasman Wrote:You're never too old to play with trains April. I still have my model railway set up with all the little townships, mountain with a tunnel, and trees etc. Absolutely love it and it is a great past timeWink

At first my son was into Thomas the train. I figured he'd outgrow Thomas. Which he did...but he didn't outgrow trains. In fact he just wanted better more realistic models. Now he tells me all about HO gauge, O gauge...

WHAT?

The boy is only 5! We've already gone to two train museums. One of them he went to twice.

Visited my parents but instead of my son wanting to go on an airplane the first time..he decides he wants to visit my parents in Pennsylvania via Amtrak.

He loved it so much he asked for another Amtrak train trip for xmas. Can't afford it this year but hoping to take him on that trip during offpeak season. He specifially wants to go on the Empire Builder to Seattle...

So I guess I will be taking my son to the land of Starbucks soon.

Until then I am going crazy adding on to my son's layout. From what I am learning....sometimes one never finishes. My son can keep adding to his layout until his 90's!

So much fun. I am so glad I have a boy instead of a girl.I think trains are much more fun than dolls. Even as a little girl I thought so! A train village beats a Barbie dreamhouse any day!
When I am not studying - https://youtu.be/C-kk8xa0BLQ

MS in Public Health at SNHU in progress. Expected Grad Date - August 2017

Hardstyle Kettlebell Certified -2014, Ice Chamber Kettlebell Sport Certified - 2015

NCSF Personal Trainer -2010

Done! BS in LIBERAL STUDIES From Excelsior. Conferral Date - Dec 18, 2009!

Licensed Practical Nurse - 1996

Completed!
Military - 58 credits
Traditional - 12 credits
Clep - 21 credits
Excelsior Exams - Organizational Behavior(B), World Population (A), Ethics (A), Cultural Diversity (B),Psychology of A&A (A), Gerontology (B)
DSST -Drugs & Alcohol (A), Civil War (A), Rise and Fall of the Soviet Union (A), Social Psychology (A)
Penn Foster- Info Lit (passed)

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Shocked Elon Musk News Thread LevelUP 10 475 02-03-2024, 08:00 PM
Last Post: Vle045
  Finding Pictures of Odd Things Thread Vle045 17 1,350 04-19-2022, 09:09 PM
Last Post: Alpha
Lightbulb WGU Employee Thread TheTruthIsOutThere 8 1,352 08-18-2021, 04:13 PM
Last Post: TheTruthIsOutThere
  The Best Life Advice Thread natshar 8 2,605 02-18-2019, 07:57 PM
Last Post: a4tunatemom
  Unable to see recent posts on my own thread when logged in Thorne 15 5,174 10-24-2017, 03:43 PM
Last Post: sgloer
  Head about to explode? Quick break thread. Joeman200 6 1,748 03-20-2017, 04:38 PM
Last Post: Joeman200
  What are you reading thread? yb1 11 2,539 03-18-2017, 02:39 PM
Last Post: dewisant
  Edit Thread Title sekiflying 2 1,225 11-25-2016, 07:11 AM
Last Post: sekiflying
  My "Thank you!" thread - CCAF knocked out in less than two years thanks to IC and... OfficerA 3 1,099 03-31-2014, 10:33 PM
Last Post: cookderosa
  New Thread? Stacy 1 927 08-10-2012, 08:44 PM
Last Post: NAP