2.33%
1 2.33%
Family (extended or immediate)
11.63%
5 11.63%
A Website (specify which)
23.26%
10 23.26%
A Printed Publication (brochure, flyer, etc.)
2.33%
1 2.33%
Completely on your own (random searching, etc.)
34.88%
15 34.88%
Other (specify which)
16.28%
7 16.28%
I forget...
4.65%
2 4.65%
Total 43 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
How did you learn about IC?
I thought it'd be interesting to see the means that brought the IC members together... So how did you end up learning about Instacert?
Free-Clep-Prep.com is where I heard of it!!
I found out about it while attending a session at a homeschool convention given by the author of the College Without Compromise book. I expected to find out information that would be useful for my kids in a few years, and discovered this would be a great way for me to finish my own education. I only have 2 classes left to go! One is a TESC class that ends next week, and the other is to finish Precalculus on ALEKS.
I stumbled across IC through a random web search back in 2009. At the time I was still trying to complete an Associate's degree at the local community college one class at a time. I was amazed at how much online learning had changed over the years and quickly finished a BA in History at TESC within a few months. What a godsend this has all been! Smile
BA in History, TESC, Graduated September 2010
MA in History, American Public University, currently pursuing
Virginia teaching license, currently pursuing

Check out Degree Forum Wiki for more information on putting together your own degree plan!

My BA History degree plan.
Another one from Free Clep Prep.com.
TESU BSBA - GM, September 2015

"Never give up on a dream just because of the time it will take to accomplish it. The time will pass anyway." -- Earl Nightingale, radio personality and motivational speaker
I found out about IC from a college advisor!
Lyanne

DSST (27)
Personal Finance - 448 Astronomy - 61 Civil War and Reconstruction - 68 History of Vietnam War - 68 Substance Abuse - 59 World Religions - 473 Rise and Fall of the Soviet Union - 55 Environment and Humanity: Race to Save the Planet -61 Intro to Modern Middle East - 58
CLEP (48)
American Literature-73 American Government-62 U.S. History I - 64 U.S. History II -73 A&I Literature - 75 Western Civ I - 58 Western Civ II - 61 English Literature - 67 Humanities -76 Intro Sociology - 62 Social Sciences & History - 69
Other (43)
English Composition, Literature & Composition, Art Appreciation, General Psychology, Intro to Anthropology, Abnormal Psychology, Travel Agency Operations, Advanced Hospitality (7 credits), Intro Computer Software, Digital Photography, War and American Society, TESC Capstone
ALEKS (3)
Intermediate Algebra

**Not official, but BA History at Thomas Edison State College!!!!!!*
that one lonely "I forgot" is me lol....seriously can't remember....
I stumbled across IC a number of years ago purely by accident, while working in a different field; I do not think I ever posted back then, but I read religiously. At the time, I was not seriously contemplating degree completion, but I read a bit and got motivated. I started earning a Bachelors in Accounting at TESC and made just a few credits towards that when family commitments and a career change into a new field interrupted. Fast-forward to last year when life settled down enough and finances were situated enough that I decided to pick up where I left off, but with a more general degree closer to what I am now doing (and love). I could not remember the name of the forum, so I spent an evening sorting through all sorts of degree-seeking web forums until I found IC again!
BSBA, HR / Organizational Mgmt - Thomas Edison State College, December 2012
- TESC Chapter of Sigma Beta Delta International Honor Society for Business, Management and Administration
- Arnold Fletcher Award

AAS, Environmental, Safety, & Security Technologies - Thomas Edison State College, December 2012
AS, Business Administration - Thomas Edison State College, March 2012
From... that other CLEP forum... that I visit so rarely now I literally cannot remember the name. You know the one.
TESC Criminal Justice BA '12
B&M Civil Engineering BS (In Progress)
[COLOR="#000080"]Interesting question...

I was a member of the original InstantCert Academy long before the forum got started; I believe that was in early 2005 and became a forum member on 2/10/06 just after it came online. In fact I believe that the following text was my very first post:
[/COLOR]

I PASSED - Natural Sciences TODAY 2/10/6

I passed today. I will list my study materials, however I SUGGEST taking the BIOLOGY CLEP FIRST before sitting the NS exam. I say this as the NS exam is made up of 50% of biology and the balance of chemistry, geology, physics, and astronomy. If you can pass biology first then the NS exam isn't so bad. I studied for biology for 3 weeks took the exam and passed. Then I added another 2 weeks of study for the NS exam and passed it too.

Here is my list:

INSTANTCERT - Biology
REA Biology
Standard Deviants - Biology
David and Laurie NS exam study guide.

BTW: InstantCert does have 123 science questions listed in the GED Science section that can be somewhat helpful.

GOOD LUCK!!!!!
ShotoJuku +
A.S., B.S., M.S., MBA
IC Forums Senior Super Moderator  
Passing It On & Paying It Forward To All Just Starting or Completing Their Educational Journey!

Shoto's Passing Your Exam Advice Here --->   http://www.degreeforum.net/general-educa...#post59179
God Bless The USA :patriot:

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Easiest Critical Languages to Learn sanantone 14 1,995 10-26-2021, 02:18 AM
Last Post: jamshid666
  FREE Udemy - Learn Python Programming! (Free offer ends today!) bjcheung77 2 1,056 01-14-2020, 05:44 PM
Last Post: bluebooger
  Question for Techies: Best Things to Learn amilitab4k9 12 2,682 12-11-2019, 12:10 AM
Last Post: amilitab4k9
  How did you learn about testing out of your degree? Empyrean24 36 5,634 03-25-2015, 06:28 PM
Last Post: LaterBloomer
  Learn Mandarin? mrs.b 10 2,557 02-26-2015, 10:51 PM
Last Post: OE800_85
  Which language would you learn? ironheadjack 42 4,486 09-12-2014, 08:22 PM
Last Post: happydayruth
  Learn a Language LaterBloomer 2 854 07-23-2012, 10:49 AM
Last Post: OE800_85
  To Really Learn, Quit Studying and Take a Test motuterry 4 1,767 01-22-2011, 09:18 PM
Last Post: ryoder