Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
How do I know what classes I have completed and can transfer?
Hi!

I recently got my transcript evaluation done and am now taking courses via Sophia/other sites by following this guide:

https://degreeforum.miraheze.org/wiki/WG...egree_Plan

I see that it mentions that I should get a "English Composition I" course completed by taking "English Composition I/II, Workplace Writing II".

I also see that on my transcript evaluation something called "Composition: Successful Self-Expression" which has been satisfied from a college credit. Is that the same as English Composition 1 or would I still need to find something that satisfies that?
(06-05-2023, 08:13 PM)tazz Wrote: Hi!

I recently got my transcript evaluation done and am now taking courses via Sophia/other sites by following this guide:

https://degreeforum.miraheze.org/wiki/WG...egree_Plan

I see that it mentions that I should get a "English Composition I" course completed by taking "English Composition I/II, Workplace Writing II".

I also see that on my transcript evaluation something called "Composition: Successful Self-Expression" which has been satisfied from a college credit. Is that the same as English Composition 1 or would I still need to find something that satisfies that?

The WGU plans were all updated in the last few days. The English Comp error was fixed.
Degrees: BA Computer Science, BS Business Administration with a concentration in CIS, AS Natural Science & Math, TESU. 4.0 GPA 2022.
Course Experience:  CLEP, Instantcert, Sophia.org, Study.com, Straighterline.com, Onlinedegree.org, Saylor.org, Csmlearn.com, and TEL Learning.
Certifications: W3Schools PHP, Google IT Support, Google Digital Marketing, Google Project Management
[-] The following 1 user Likes LevelUP's post:
  • tazz
Thanks so much for that! I wasn't aware it was updated so frequently.

I saw that another change had occurred for the "American Politics and the US Constitution" course section. It mentions the "U.S. Government" course on Sophia however when I go to their site and click the button beside "7 partners accept credit transfer.* See Partners" it does not list WGU as a partner.

Should I still be taking that course through Sophia? Or is that a question better suited for my WGU advisor?

Edit: Disregard that question! I did some research and came across this: 

https://partners.wgu.edu/Pages/Single.as...062&pid=86

It mentions the course code and when compared to the one on Sophia it matches up so I assume the credit should be easily transferred. Thanks again for the help!
(06-11-2023, 10:25 PM)tazz Wrote: Thanks so much for that! I wasn't aware it was updated so frequently.

I saw that another change had occurred for the "American Politics and the US Constitution" course section. It mentions the "U.S. Government" course on Sophia however when I go to their site and click the button beside "7 partners accept credit transfer.* See Partners" it does not list WGU as a partner.

Should I still be taking that course through Sophia? Or is that a question better suited for my WGU advisor?

Edit: Disregard that question! I did some research and came across this: 

https://partners.wgu.edu/Pages/Single.as...062&pid=86

It mentions the course code and when compared to the one on Sophia it matches up so I assume the credit should be easily transferred. Thanks again for the help!

On the WGU partners page, it shows Sophia course codes though for someone not familiar with them, it may be hard to match them up with the Sophia courses you need to take. 

This is why you could check Acenet to match up the Sophia course codes
https://www.acenet.edu/National-Guide/Pa...65f38bf0e1

The degree plans are meant to be an excellent starting point though you can verify yourself to ensure everything is accurate and nothing has changed with the colleges.
Degrees: BA Computer Science, BS Business Administration with a concentration in CIS, AS Natural Science & Math, TESU. 4.0 GPA 2022.
Course Experience:  CLEP, Instantcert, Sophia.org, Study.com, Straighterline.com, Onlinedegree.org, Saylor.org, Csmlearn.com, and TEL Learning.
Certifications: W3Schools PHP, Google IT Support, Google Digital Marketing, Google Project Management
  • tazz
Hello, sorry to keep reviving the same old thread just didn't want to keep creating new threads for my small questions.

I have completed my first two courses on Sophia and I'm ready to move on and take more. In regards to the WGU CS plan here: https://degreeforum.miraheze.org/wiki/WG...egree_Plan

I'm moving onto my next two courses "Health, Fitness and Wellness" and "Natural Sciences Lab". I see that the "Natural Sciences Lab" courses are all one credit each. Does that mean I would need to take two lab courses to fulfill the 2 credit requirement for WGU? Asking because in my transfer evaluation PDF it had this line:

"One course, equivalent to 2 units, in a natural science (chemistry, geology, physics, astronomy, or biology) with lab component."

Thank you in advance for your help!
(10-05-2023, 10:07 PM)tazz Wrote: I'm moving onto my next two courses "Health, Fitness and Wellness" and "Natural Sciences Lab".

Natural Science Lab is far less work at WGU, so I would definitely skip it and move on. Also, make sure that you're following the WGU transfer page:

https://partners.wgu.edu/transfer-pathwa...d=BSCS7110
Pierpont Community & Technical College 2022
Associate of Applied Science - Board of Governors - Area of Emphasis: Information Systems
Western Governors University 
Bachelor of Science - Cloud Computing
Charter Oak State College
Bachelor of Science - General Studies - Concentration: Information Systems Studies
Thomas Edison State University
Bachelor of Arts - Computer Science
Associate in Science in Natural Sciences and Mathematics - Mathematics
University of Maine at Presque Isle 
Bachelor of Applied Science - Minor: Project Management
[-] The following 1 user Likes origamishuttle's post:
  • tazz
(10-05-2023, 10:07 PM)tazz Wrote: Hello, sorry to keep reviving the same old thread just didn't want to keep creating new threads for my small questions.

I have completed my first two courses on Sophia and I'm ready to move on and take more. In regards to the WGU CS plan here: https://degreeforum.miraheze.org/wiki/WG...egree_Plan

I'm moving onto my next two courses "Health, Fitness and Wellness" and "Natural Sciences Lab". I see that the "Natural Sciences Lab" courses are all one credit each. Does that mean I would need to take two lab courses to fulfill the 2 credit requirement for WGU? Asking because in my transfer evaluation PDF it had this line:

"One course, equivalent to 2 units, in a natural science (chemistry, geology, physics, astronomy, or biology) with lab component."

Thank you in advance for your help!

According to the WGU partners page, you only have to take one online virtual lab. You don't need to take the course.

This is a lot quicker than the option we had in the past where students had to take Study.com's Biology w/lab.
  • tazz
Thank you for the replies! I'll save that link for the future, didn't realize the transfer evaluation I got a few months back had been updated already!

Onwards to finishing more courses~ Big Grin

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Question regarding transfer credit courses jobojoe285 6 328 03-28-2024, 12:35 AM
Last Post: jobojoe285
  New transfer credit for Master degree - WGU Imbanewbie 16 2,244 01-20-2024, 04:24 AM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Expired CompTIA Certs for Transfer siersema 4 667 01-15-2024, 04:50 PM
Last Post: raekwon
  Computer Science 305: Operating Systems Transfer to WGU alesalsa10 4 741 10-19-2023, 02:20 PM
Last Post: alesalsa10
  How do transfer (sophia.org/ACE) credits look on a WGU transcript for grad school? dan087 4 1,047 09-25-2023, 05:01 AM
Last Post: dan087
  Sophia's Visual Communcation and Introduction to Information Technology WGU Transfer? OP88 4 1,627 05-16-2023, 05:55 PM
Last Post: LevelUP
  UoPeople to WGU Transfer EDUxplorer 9 2,342 01-09-2023, 10:43 AM
Last Post: dfrecore
  ASU UL classes transfer to WGU sprout18 10 1,646 09-02-2022, 02:28 AM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Sophia.org python transfer to wgu (cloud computing) Clepking100 6 2,122 07-19-2022, 03:19 PM
  WGU BS Business Administration Management - Transferrable Classes NOT on Study mohelena02 12 2,338 01-28-2022, 07:18 PM