Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
How do you list certificates on Resume and LinkedIn?
Thumbs Up 
Is there a “right” way to list certificates on a resume/LinkedIn?   Years ago, I earned an undergraduate certificate.  I list that along with my BS degree.  It took me about 2 years to earn and a B&M school.  (I also have it in my signature here)

Now, there are a TON of other options available.  As an example, I am finishing up the certificate program on Diversity, Equity & Inclusion that was offered through USF.  It lasted about 7 weeks, I think.  Totally different from my other education.  So would I list something like that with my other education?  Or is it a whole other thing?   I do share all of my various badges on LinkedIn.  I will probably continue to complete other free or low cost certificates that come up.  (Lifelong learning and all that jazz)
MBA, starting July 2022
BA, Sociology 
Certificate, Paralegal Studies
Certificate, Diversity, Equity and Inclusion in the Workplace
Certificate, Global Entrepreneurship & Innovation Virtual Bootcamp
Sophia: 17 credits

LawShelf affiliate (NCCRS credits)
Buy one, get one free with my affiliate code: VK375
https://lawshelf.com/videocoursesview
It's not for the certificates that you've mentioned but here's how Google suggests that you list certificates on LinkedIn.

Attached Files
.pdf   How to Add Google IT Support Certificate to Your Resume and LinkedIn.pdf (Size: 433.09 KB / Downloads: 38)
In progress:
TESU - BA Computer Science; BSBA CIS; ASNSM Math & CS; ASBA

Completed:
Pierpont - AAS BOG
Sophia (so many), The Institutes (old), Study.com (5 courses)
ASU: Human Origins, Astronomy, Intro Health & Wellness, Western Civilization, Computer Appls & Info Technology, Intro Programming
Strayer: CIS175, CIS111, WRK100, MAT210
[-] The following 1 user Likes rachel83az's post:
  • Pikachu
(05-04-2021, 11:30 AM)Vle045 Wrote: Is there a “right” way to list certificates on a resume/LinkedIn?   Years ago, I earned an undergraduate certificate.  I list that along with my BS degree.  It took me about 2 years to earn and a B&M school.  (I also have it in my signature here)

Now, there are a TON of other options available.  As an example, I am finishing up the certificate program on Diversity, Equity & Inclusion that was offered through USF.  It lasted about 7 weeks, I think.  Totally different from my other education.  So would I list something like that with my other education?  Or is it a whole other thing?   I do share all of my various badges on LinkedIn.  I will probably continue to complete other free or low cost certificates that come up.  (Lifelong learning and all that jazz)

Yes, since it's an undergrad cert from a college, you would treat it as a "degree" in that you would place it with your AA, BA, etc.  This is separate and distinct from an IT cert or something along those lines.
TESU BSBA/HR 2018 - WVNCC BOG AAS 2017 - GGU Cert in Mgmt 2000
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  10 Certificates To Put On Your Resume In 2024 LevelUP 0 84 Yesterday, 09:15 AM
Last Post: LevelUP
  Inexpensive Certificates, Diplomas, Degrees bjcheung77 1 401 02-20-2024, 01:13 AM
Last Post: mancheseter24
Exclamation Schools that list A+'s on transcript in any way? JumbledSpirit 3 295 02-19-2024, 06:23 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Coursera, Udemy & LinkedIn Learning ss20ts 6 1,970 06-12-2023, 11:51 PM
Last Post: Vle045
  Help with creating a resume acethroughcollege 3 429 05-31-2023, 02:55 PM
Last Post: davewill
  Technology Degree Tier List 2023 LevelUP 0 851 12-17-2022, 04:25 PM
  College credit for LinkedIn Learning "Learning Paths" sanantone 6 1,931 08-19-2022, 01:46 PM
Last Post: vintage_jacket
  Meta to offer new professional certificates through Coursera MNomadic 9 1,277 06-23-2022, 06:22 PM
Last Post: MNomadic
  Google's new $100 million Google Career Certificates Fund MNomadic 19 2,074 05-03-2022, 09:41 PM
Last Post: MNomadic
  Best 11 Guidelines to Make the Most Out of Your LinkedIn Profile LevelUP 0 458 03-13-2022, 01:21 PM