Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
How is Study.com?
(07-17-2019, 05:22 PM)lacussucceed Wrote: Membership to get credit is 200 / month. Two exams included (they are lost if you don't use them that month), you can buy 3 more at 70 each.
You can choose your own speed.
It's mostly quizzes (a lot) and a final proctored exam for LL and assignments also for UL. Check the syllabus of each course. Yes, it is recommended mostly to use for the UL courses.

What do you mean by two exams are included, but they are lost if not used in that month? Do you mean progress is lost, or just that the monthly membership will have to be paid again?
All the information you’re asking for is on their website & a membership isn’t required to view it...

Sent from my iPhone using DegreeForum.net
BABA, New England College, 2019
Study.com just got bumped into my #1 spot for alternative credit. StraighterLine held that spot for me the last 3 years... the rest of the providers remained the same on my list. Sophia being #3 for their course presentation/structure/style, then Coopersmith/Davar/Ed4credit all three tied at #4 for the easy test out credits (brain dumping the knowledge you learn). To round out the top 5, OD.com/Saylor.org for the price...

Anyways, Study.com pricing is similar to StraighterLine, you pay monthly. The only difference is, you get two exams included in that month membership - StraighterLine makes you pay for each course. For Study.com, if you want to do more exams, it's $70/exam after the two included in the membership. For some courses, it will take a while to complete, so if you can't finish the course within that month, you'll be missing out on that exam. In order to circumvent that, I make sure I do at least two courses/month, and more if possible.

Example, my current month, I did 5 exams way before my month was over. I could do two more as I hit the overlapping dates for the month (I did two exams 6/28/2019, my membership renews at 6/29/2019), 3 exams last week, I am still within the 5 exams per month for July).

Study.com is now my go to for UL credit and also for learning/retaining info, especially when you want to understand a concept, you research and complete the assignments accordingly. Essentially, I use StraighterLine for the Business/Gen Ed and other required Lower Level courses that I really don't need to learn much about and want to blast through to get the credits.
In Progress: Walden MBA | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: Global Management & Entrepreneurship, ASU (Freebie)

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]
[-] The following 3 users Like bjcheung77's post:
  • abs_co, akr680, Life_One
(07-18-2019, 03:48 PM)bjcheung77 Wrote: ...

Example, my current month, I did 5 exams way before my month was over.  I could do two more as I hit the overlapping dates for the month (I did two exams 6/28/2019, my membership renews at 6/29/2019), 3 exams last week, I am still within the 5 exams per month for July).  

Is it possible to take quizzes and 5 final exams, but not the assignments, in June, and finish the assignments of those courses and take other quizzes and 5 final exams in July?
In regards to doing 5 final exams and the assignments, that's perfectly fine, assignments can be done anytime. You can send assignments in later than July if needed, just get the exams done otherwise it's a waste of the monthly membership, SDC doesn't restrict the amount of assignments, just the final exams.
In Progress: Walden MBA | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: Global Management & Entrepreneurship, ASU (Freebie)

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]
Study.com has more UL options than anyone else but the app is really what makes it shine. You can do quizzes in line at the bank or on a smoke break or whatever. If you're trying to power through courses quickly it's the best option there is
Study.com - 177 CR. TESU - 39 CR. Middle Georgia State University - 15 CR. Sonoran Desert Institute - 42 CR. COSC - 6 CR. Excelsior - 6 CR. CLEP - 6 CR. Sophia - 14 CR. TEEX - 2 CR. Shmoop - 18 CR. NFA - 4 CR. The Institutes - 2 CR. FEMA - 20ish

BA in History/English from TESU. 
BA in Communications from TESU. AS in Firearms Technology from SDI.

[-] The following 1 user Likes jsh1138's post:
  • Muldoon
Also, the proctoring can make a difference. With SL, you have to do ProctorU. Sometimes it goes smoothly, but other times it's been very stressful for some of us. Seems to depend on your proctor a bit, and whether you get unlucky with technical issues on their end. I also don't like the ProctorU fees for not scheduling 72 hours in advance. With Study.com, it's RPNow and I love the flexibility to start the exam any time.

[-] The following 1 user Likes Ideas's post:
  • Muldoon
Yes, the Study.com proctoring is much faster and completely painless
Study.com - 177 CR. TESU - 39 CR. Middle Georgia State University - 15 CR. Sonoran Desert Institute - 42 CR. COSC - 6 CR. Excelsior - 6 CR. CLEP - 6 CR. Sophia - 14 CR. TEEX - 2 CR. Shmoop - 18 CR. NFA - 4 CR. The Institutes - 2 CR. FEMA - 20ish

Okay...I've tried to figure out how to post a new thread/discussion, but since my efforts have proved unfruitful, I guess I'll ask my question here.

I'm a college student in my sophomore year (I've got 50 credits as of right now), and I'm doing Study.com/CLEPs, etc.
I know that it's $200/per month for Study.com courses, and that you can do 2 courses in that time slot. However, I needed to pause my account a while back, and it successfully paused for 3 months and paused billing, saved my progress, and everything. That's great. So it just resumed, and I'm back on track. But according to everything I've researched, Study.com only allows you to pause your account ONCE for the entire time you're a member. Am I understanding this correctly?
I've paused my account like 5x in the last 2 years. I've never heard that you could only do it once, but something might have changed recently

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Current Study.com Coupon Codes pws 67 39,364 03-22-2024, 05:10 PM
Last Post: GoBroncos95
  calculating grade for study.com course Omece 9 1,490 03-20-2024, 08:49 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  The official guide to courses by Straighterline, Study, et al: We want YOUR input! aviator guy 378 464,746 03-18-2024, 07:25 PM
Last Post: RachelB
  Disappointed with Study.com (Discrete Mathematics) legenwait4itdary 6 606 03-08-2024, 08:41 PM
Last Post: bluebooger
  Study partner wanted, incentive offered Simerion 3 327 02-26-2024, 04:14 PM
  Study.Com Upcoming changes to courses Vin 4 969 02-13-2024, 11:26 PM
Last Post: TopHatWombat
  Study.com Statistics? rowan555 16 3,814 02-03-2024, 03:43 PM
Last Post: oh.golly.molly
  does felician college accept study.com credits? fraggle 4 552 01-31-2024, 03:47 PM
Last Post: indigoshuffle
  Study Managerial Accounting that Transfers to UMPI Indieblue 0 279 01-25-2024, 08:24 PM
Last Post: Indieblue
  Study.com vs Sophia - Time to complete RachelB 2 684 01-05-2024, 01:20 PM