Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
How is Study.com?
(Yesterday, 05:22 PM)lacussucceed Wrote: Membership to get credit is 200 / month. Two exams included (they are lost if you don't use them that month), you can buy 3 more at 70 each.
You can choose your own speed.
It's mostly quizzes (a lot) and a final proctored exam for LL and assignments also for UL. Check the syllabus of each course. Yes, it is recommended mostly to use for the UL courses.

What do you mean by two exams are included, but they are lost if not used in that month? Do you mean progress is lost, or just that the monthly membership will have to be paid again?
All the information you’re asking for is on their website & a membership isn’t required to view it...

Sent from my iPhone using DegreeForum.net
BA, Business Administration, New England College, 2019
AA, General Studies, Ashworth College, 2017

Study.com just got bumped into my #1 spot for alternative credit. StraighterLine held that spot for me the last 3 years... the rest of the providers remained the same on my list. Sophia being #3 for their course presentation/structure/style, then Coopersmith/Davar/Ed4credit all three tied at #4 for the easy test out credits (brain dumping the knowledge you learn). To round out the top 5, OD.com/Saylor.org for the price...

Anyways, Study.com pricing is similar to StraighterLine, you pay monthly. The only difference is, you get two exams included in that month membership - StraighterLine makes you pay for each course. For Study.com, if you want to do more exams, it's $70/exam after the two included in the membership. For some courses, it will take a while to complete, so if you can't finish the course within that month, you'll be missing out on that exam. In order to circumvent that, I make sure I do at least two courses/month, and more if possible.

Example, my current month, I did 5 exams way before my month was over. I could do two more as I hit the overlapping dates for the month (I did two exams 6/28/2019, my membership renews at 6/29/2019), 3 exams last week, I am still within the 5 exams per month for July).

Study.com is now my go to for UL credit and also for learning/retaining info, especially when you want to understand a concept, you research and complete the assignments accordingly. Essentially, I use StraighterLine for the Business/Gen Ed and other required Lower Level courses that I really don't need to learn much about and want to blast through to get the credits.
Done: TESU ASNSM Biology, ASBA/BSBA (ACBSP Accredited in 2017)
Working on: TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Deferred: **Deciding on several Masters/PHD programs**

2018 BALS and BSBA Spreadsheet using mainly SL/Study.com (post#28,31)
The Basic Approach | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Review Beginners Guide sticky for info on TESU BALS/BSBA in 4 months (post #16)
~Note: Read Wiki guide links for TESU equivalency - CLEP/DSST/SL/Study.com, etc

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  New Study.com courses (5/16/19) dfrecore 114 6,819 2 minutes ago
Last Post: dfrecore
  Basic question about Study.com, Saylor.org, Shmoop, and other ACE credits services cecilgambe7 9 162 15 minutes ago
Last Post: BrighterFuture88
  Sending Study.com Transcripts on a Paused Account natshar 5 106 11 hours ago
Last Post: cookderosa
  modern states courses and Saylor tests or study.com? gingermama 6 144 Yesterday, 05:13 PM
  Update to Study.com courses from May 2019 dfrecore 0 81 Yesterday, 05:07 PM
  Study.com number of proctored exams per month? AwardTour 3 122 Yesterday, 04:07 AM
  Study.com makes approved provider kevro64 3 274 07-16-2019, 08:26 PM
Last Post: Supermind
  The official guide to courses by Straighterline, Study, et al: We want YOUR input! aviator guy 148 67,701 07-15-2019, 09:17 PM
Last Post: mysonx3
  Study.com Final dblchills 5 178 07-14-2019, 04:15 PM
Last Post: suzycupcake
  Study.com website issues/outage? AwardTour 7 172 07-08-2019, 08:12 PM
Last Post: timblackwell