Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
How long did it take to get Sophia Touchstone Graded?
Hi,

I was wondering how long it took for you guys to get the Sophia Touchstone assignments graded? It took one day for my college Readiness to get graded, and I am going to start Public Speaking now. Unfortunately, only 14 days are left to complete the course.

Any tips on public speaking are more than welcome.

Thank you.
(05-07-2020, 06:18 PM)msa145 Wrote: Hi,

I was wondering how long it took for you guys to get the Sophia Touchstone assignments graded? It took one day for my college Readiness to get graded, and I am going to start Public Speaking now. Unfortunately, only 14 days are left to complete the course.

Thank you.

You can ask for an extension
WGU MBA-Healthcare Management 9/2021
Started 6/2/2021. Finished 8/30/21

WGU MSN-Nursing Informatics 1/2021
Started 8/14/20. Finished 12/28/2020

WGU RN-BSN 8/2020
Started 6/1/20  Finished 7/24/2020
Transferred in Sophia Stats, ICC American Government, SDC Interpersonal Communications, AAS Nursing

Credits Taken
SDC - Interpersonal Communications, Presentation Skills in the Workplace, Intro to Operating Systems, Intro to Programming, Systems Analysis & Design, Database Management - (100% modules, Incomplete Projects)
ICC - American Government
SL - Personal Finance 
TECEP - Medical Terminology
The Institutes - Ethics and the CPCU Code of Professional Conduct 
TEEX - Cyber Ethics, Cyber Law/White Collar Crime
Sophia - Developing Effective Teams, The Essentials of Managing Conflict, Intro to IT, Intro to Statistics, Visual Communications, Human Biology, Project Management
CSM Learn- The CSM Course
DSST - Drugs and Society 436, Here's To Your Health 450, Computing and IT 461
AAS Nursing
(05-07-2020, 06:18 PM)msa145 Wrote: Hi,

Thank you.

I'm amazed that you got anything graded at Sophia in one day.  This must have been prior to 3-19-20 when the free promotion started.

I recently completed Public Speaking.  The problem you are going to run into is that this course has two Touchstones, and the second requires a revision of the first, based on the input from the staffer who grades it.  This means that you will have to complete one Touchstone, submit it, wait to get it back, revise it, submit it, and wait for the revised Touchstone to be graded.

Right now, Sophia says to allow up to 14 business days for grading, and in my experience, they use every single minute of those 14 days.  So realistically, there's no way to complete this course in less than 29 business days unless you think you can anticipate the revisions...which actually isn't that difficult if you study the course materials carefully...and submit two Touchstones one right after the other, making sure the second one shows significant improvement over the first. 

If you're not in a hurry for other reasons, you should have no trouble just getting an extension as cwendy suggested.  Just email the tutoring team.
I appreciate that it’s free, and I’m not trying to look a gift horse in the mouth. But I started English comp one and two over sixty days ago. The slow grading is very frustrating. I regret not taking study.com when it was still accepted through TESU.
Current Course(s): Business Administration Capstone BUS-421 (TESU)

AMU (9); CSM (3); CLEP (15); DSST (3); InstantCert (15); Institutes (3)Military (51); Sophia (6); Straighterline (15); Study.com (6); Thomas Edison State University (3); University of Alaska (12)
My husband asked a Support Agent if the touchstones weren't graded before the course was over what would happen. He was told they will extend the course until everything is graded.
In Progress: CSU MS Occupational Safety | TESU BALS HR & Computer Science | TESU AAS Admin Studies
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, HRM

Completed: TESU AAS Environmental, Safety & Tech, BA in Environmental Studies/ Natural Science and Mathematics

(05-12-2020, 03:47 PM)ROYISAGIRL Wrote: My husband asked a Support Agent if the touchstones weren't graded before the course was over what would happen. He was told they will extend the course until everything is graded.

I wish they weren't so backlogged with emails since I'd really like to confirm this myself before proceeding with the course. I already have the extra 30-day extension, but it's not enough. I emailed them 2x over a week ago and still waiting to hear back. Sad
BALS (Social Sciences) + ASNSM in CS - Sept 2022 TESU graduate
(05-14-2020, 07:21 PM)CarpeDiem8 Wrote:
(05-12-2020, 03:47 PM)ROYISAGIRL Wrote: My husband asked a Support Agent if the touchstones weren't graded before the course was over what would happen. He was told they will extend the course until everything is graded.

I wish they weren't so backlogged with emails since I'd really like to confirm this myself before proceeding with the course. I already have the extra 30-day extension, but it's not enough. I emailed them 2x over a week ago and still waiting to hear back. Sad
Don't email them use the chat function. We used that tobadk questions and to get his extensions. Oddly enough they've been answering my emails with only a 24hr turnaround.
In Progress: CSU MS Occupational Safety | TESU BALS HR & Computer Science | TESU AAS Admin Studies
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, HRM

Completed: TESU AAS Environmental, Safety & Tech, BA in Environmental Studies/ Natural Science and Mathematics

(05-14-2020, 07:21 PM)CarpeDiem8 Wrote:

I would suggest that Sophia's goal in offering their current promotion...one that no one else has stepped up to match...is likely to score a customer relations coup, get their name out there in a positive way, and maybe grab a little market share.

None of those things would be helped by offering the courses for free and then telling folks that since their papers couldn't be graded in time they would not be allowed to complete the course.  Besides, I can tell you that they have been very responsive and helpful in every way, at least in my case.  I suspect that many students are using email by default and that Sophia staff are buried under a mountain of it as a result.  When I was at 14 business days waiting for my Touchstone, I called.  They picked up right away, and, without transfer or delay, the staffer said, "Oh yes, your grader for that project is Chanté.  I'll send a message to the Touchstone Co-ordinator and see that she follows up", and the next day I had my grade.

Don't miss an opportunity like this.  Take the course if you can deal with 14 business days in between Touchstones.  If it goes over, use online chat or phone support, you'll be okay.  If you're pressed for time on the other end...say, with a graduation date slot or something...then polish up and revise your second Touchstone as best you can and submit it without waiting for the first one to be graded.
[-] The following 1 user Likes ctcarl's post:
  • CarpeDiem8
Thanks, ctcarl. Chat was very quick and successful! Thank you for the tip!
BALS (Social Sciences) + ASNSM in CS - Sept 2022 TESU graduate
Just an update for others reading this. The time really depends on your grader. I have twins and they both turned in their first paper for English Comp 1 the morning of Monday, April 27th. By Friday one had received his grade. Over 3 calendar weeks later, we are on the 16th business day and still no grade for the second twin. I chatted with them last Friday and was told they would turn it over to the Manager but, so far, no grade. Mine will be turning in their 3rd paper tomorrow. The first son has his first 2 grades but the second son has no grades.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Homeschool College Guidance Counselor Mom to twin 18 yo boys

CsmLearn
Study: US History, Pres Skills, Enviro Sci, Ethics America, Intro CJ, Meteorology, Forensic Sci, Criminology
Sophia: Psych, Visual Comms, Sociology, Eff Teams, Mng Conflict,  Anc Greek, Art History 1, Intro to IT,
Intro to Bus, Engl Comp 1&2, Religion, Conflict Reso, College Algebra, US History 2
TEEX: Death Invest
Coopersmith: Stress Mgmt, Therapeutic, Drugs & Society, Sport & Exercise, Psych of Motivation, Pos Psych, Career Coun
Community College: Comp Info Syst, A+ Hardware, A+ Op Syst, Linux Op Syst, Networks, Switching & Routing, Networking, IT Security
Computer Certs: Comp Tia A+

Planning for (2) Bachelors: BSLS 

[-] The following 2 users Like TwinMom's post:
  • cecilgambe7, rachel83az

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Recent Sophia.org Membership Code bjcheung77 101 52,282 Yesterday, 06:22 PM
Last Post: awildstudentappeared
  New Sophia Courses: Health, Fitness, and Wellness and Anatomy & Physiology II Lab LevelUP 7 376 03-23-2024, 03:16 AM
Last Post: Kab
  Non-course equivalency at TESU for Sophia Principles of Finance? Yenisei 7 277 03-18-2024, 11:51 AM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Is there a list of which Sophia courses have touchstones? MaMichelle 7 6,794 03-16-2024, 06:45 PM
  How to get ACE credits such as Sophia on official college transcript Student3452 18 4,864 03-08-2024, 01:34 AM
Last Post: Gumbeaux
Information New Sophia Courses: College Math and Chemistry MNomadic 67 10,393 03-07-2024, 11:22 PM
Last Post: Westslope Cutthroat
  Sophia | US Government bradonomics 3 603 03-01-2024, 09:13 PM
  Sophia - Managerial Accounting and Lifespan chentastic 36 3,958 02-28-2024, 09:41 AM
Last Post: vaticidalprophet
  Sophia English Comp II vs CLEP College Composition davemodular 9 562 02-17-2024, 01:56 AM
Last Post: LevelUP
Thumbs Up Sophia Review: Finished 6 Courses in 1 Week Ares 11 1,805 02-11-2024, 04:54 PM
Last Post: Ares