Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
How long does it take to complete sophia courses?
I am trying to complete all the classes listed below in one month. Is this realistic? Looking to save a little money and earn some credits at the same time? My work schedule has been freed up for the next month or so, and I want to spend it wisely. 
  • Art History I

• Art History II

• Visual Communications

• Conflict Resolution

• Introduction to Business

• Project Management

• Environmental Science

• Human Biology
I'm not sure why you wouldn't just start and see how it goes. If you prioritize the courses, and go 2 at a time, I'm sure you'll get through SOME of them, even if not all. It doesn't really matter if someone else thinks you can or can't, it just matters that you do what you can.
TESU BSBA/HR 2018 - WVNCC BOG AAS 2017 - GGU Cert in Mgmt 2000
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA
[-] The following 1 user Likes dfrecore's post:
  • origamishuttle
(07-16-2022, 08:11 PM)dfrecore Wrote: I'm not sure why you wouldn't just start and see how it goes.  If you prioritize the courses, and go 2 at a time, I'm sure you'll get through SOME of them, even if not all.  It doesn't really matter if someone else thinks you can or can't, it just matters that you do what you can.

True
They'll take everyone a different length of time. Depends on your knowledge and interest.
[-] The following 1 user Likes ss20ts's post:
  • origamishuttle
It will also depend on what your strategy is. If you go as quickly as possible to finish and get credit, you'll likely progress much faster than if you study all the material to retain more of the information. My strategy was to go quickly, so I answered questions I knew and only referenced the material when necessary to answer the rest of the questions. It's great material, so I still learned a lot, but it can go very fast.
Pierpont Community & Technical College 2022
Associate of Applied Science - Board of Governors - Area of Emphasis: Information Systems
Western Governors University 
Bachelor of Science - Cloud Computing
Charter Oak State College
Bachelor of Science - General Studies - Concentration: Information Systems Studies
Thomas Edison State University
Bachelor of Arts - Computer Science
Associate in Science in Natural Sciences and Mathematics - Mathematics
University of Maine at Presque Isle 
Bachelor of Applied Science - Minor: Project Management
[-] The following 2 users Like origamishuttle's post:
  • kt320, Pikachu
You don't want to "rush yourself", you want to "pace yourself" in finishing at a deadline.  So, you have 8 courses, you have 30 days or so to complete that, you want to pace yourself 3 days a course and give yourself some "buffer time" in between just in case something happens.  

Invest in a second monitor if you don't have one already.  Technically, if you use your energy, time and monitor real-estate wisely, you can find answers to all the required quizzes and milestones relatively quickly as it's all open book, two courses at a time, unlimited courses/month.

My vote is, Yes! You can... and while you're at it, you might want to tell us what you're working towards by filling in the template and addendum here: https://www.degreeforum.net/mybb/Thread-...Area-works
In Progress: Walden MBA | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: Global Management & Entrepreneurship, ASU (Freebie)

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]
[-] The following 3 users Like bjcheung77's post:
  • Dudeofflinered1442, origamishuttle, Pikachu
There are things you can do to save time.

Watching the videos at 2x speed saves time. Or you can only read the text.  (download PDF's)

What you want to do is pace yourself to try to earn around an 80% B average to give yourself some room so in the end, you can be sure to pass with a 70% C.

After you complete a few lessons, you can start to figure out the math to get an estimate of how long it will take.
Degrees: BA Computer Science, BS Business Administration with a concentration in CIS, AS Natural Science & Math, TESU. 4.0 GPA 2022.
Course Experience:  CLEP, Instantcert, Sophia.org, Study.com, Straighterline.com, Onlinedegree.org, Saylor.org, Csmlearn.com, and TEL Learning.
Certifications: W3Schools PHP, Google IT Support, Google Digital Marketing, Google Project Management
I've got 60 odd credits with Sophia, including all those you listed and did it in 2 months. All the ones you listed aren't too hard or touchstone heavy so you'll be fine. That said I'm not after the knowledge as such and hence just went straight to challenges.

With the challenges you get 3 tries on each question, I have the unit pdf open and only reference it on the third question if I can't pick it before hand. I do the same with the milestones but with every question.

My tip with Sophia is to just start, if you spend a couple days working out the most efficient/debating then you'll be behind compared to if you just start.
[-] The following 4 users Like MidLifeCrisis's post:
  • Dudeofflinered1442, LevelUP, origamishuttle, Pikachu
(07-16-2022, 07:19 PM)Dudeofflinered1442 Wrote: I am trying to complete all the classes listed below in one month. Is this realistic? Looking to save a little money and earn some credits at the same time? My work schedule has been freed up for the next month or so, and I want to spend it wisely. 
  • Art History I

• Art History II

• Visual Communications

• Conflict Resolution

• Introduction to Business

• Project Management

• Environmental Science

• Human Biology
I only completed 4 of your listed courses, but I would guess that if I were to complete this list based on my Sophia work (10 courses) I would have been able to complete this list in 80-100 hrs. That was my pace and everyone’s different though. I went thru the courses as quickly as I could. The Touchstone courses take longer because they are assignments and then the waiting for grading.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Jennr2z's post:
  • origamishuttle
Beware that Sophia Touchstones are currently taking longer than usual (they say 10 business days, per a notification I saw yesterday). Make sure to get any Touchstone-containing courses out of the way ASAP. Even if they'll open 3 (or 4) courses for you at a time, Touchstone grading still has the potential to delay your progress if you're not careful.
In progress:
TESU - BA Computer Science; BSBA CIS; ASNSM Math & CS; ASBA

Completed:
Pierpont - AAS BOG
Sophia (so many), The Institutes (old), Study.com (5 courses)
ASU: Human Origins, Astronomy, Intro Health & Wellness, Western Civilization, Computer Appls & Info Technology, Intro Programming
Strayer: CIS175, CIS111, WRK100, MAT210
[-] The following 2 users Like rachel83az's post:
  • origamishuttle, ss20ts

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Can sophia credit transfer to two different schools? GoBroncos95 11 359 04-18-2024, 11:27 AM
Last Post: GoBroncos95
  Sophia | US Government bradonomics 5 782 04-17-2024, 03:24 PM
Last Post: ltw900rr
  Recent Sophia.org Membership Code bjcheung77 116 60,462 04-17-2024, 12:27 PM
Last Post: LaurLoey
  Is there a list of which Sophia courses have touchstones? MaMichelle 9 7,324 04-17-2024, 06:22 AM
Last Post: mdn
  Is it possible to submit a blank page to Sophia histourism 11 336 04-16-2024, 08:56 AM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Does Sophia track what sites you've visited? Chickenfat2024 10 657 04-13-2024, 05:17 PM
Last Post: davewill
  Sophia English Comp II vs CLEP College Composition davemodular 15 940 04-09-2024, 01:33 PM
Last Post: rachel83az
  Sophia.org while attending UMPI your pace - history major Atwygon 4 216 04-08-2024, 05:06 PM
  New Sophia Courses: Health, Fitness, and Wellness and Anatomy & Physiology II Lab LevelUP 16 891 04-08-2024, 11:51 AM
Last Post: Kab
  TEEX Cyber Security Courses / non US residents BritStudent 8 690 04-08-2024, 11:32 AM