Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
my progress + completion questions
I will be taking the finals for Study.com Project Management and Principles of Finance next week. Following that, I will be preparing for the Strategic Management capstone.

A few questions about the capstone and degree completion process- searched the forum and read previously posted info but still want some clarification on how the process works.

-Is it better to apply before taking the capstone? (I am not concerned about the higher test fee for non-matriculated examinees, I would rather pay the test fee and application fee at separate times than all at once if possible-however I am concerned about whether I need to be enrolled with the TECEP in order to graduate)

-Which brings me to my second question - if I pay the residency waiver, do I still need to become enrolled?

-And if someone could double-check my to-do list and see if I missed anything...I will need to
  • take the capstone
  • apply to TESU
  • send all transcripts to TESU
  • pay residency and graduation fees
  • apply for graduation

Thanks in advance
MBA- WGU, in progress 2018
BSBA- TESU, Sep. 2017

kalishakti Wrote:I will be taking the finals for Study.com Project Management and Principles of Finance next week. Following that, I will be preparing for the Strategic Management capstone.

A few questions about the capstone and degree completion process- searched the forum and read previously posted info but still want some clarification on how the process works.

-Is it better to apply before taking the capstone? (I am not concerned about the higher test fee for non-matriculated examinees, I would rather pay the test fee and application fee at separate times than all at once if possible-however I am concerned about whether I need to be enrolled with the TECEP in order to graduate)

-Which brings me to my second question - if I pay the residency waiver, do I still need to become enrolled?

-And if someone could double-check my to-do list and see if I missed anything...I will need to
  • take the capstone
  • apply to TESU
  • send all transcripts to TESU
  • pay residency and graduation fees
  • apply for graduation

Thanks in advance

I don't see why you would wait to enroll into the TECEP first then everything else. If you apply, then get accepted, send in all your transcripts, then enroll in the TECEP you will become enrolled status and not have to worry about your question. I also believe you need to apply for graduation, then pay the fees.

Enrolling at TESU is pretty simple, enroll in the per-credit option then apply for the TECEP and you will be enrolled.
Thomas Edison State University - BSBA: Accounting - September 2017

B&M: Stats, Business Law I, Microeconomics, Business Comm, Computer Concepts and Apps, Financial Accounting, Intermediate Accounting II, Managerial Accounting, Not-for-Profit Accounting
CLEP: Sociology, Psychology, Marketing, College Comp Modular, Human Growth and Development
Institutes: Ethics 312
Aleks: Intermediate Algebra, College Algebra, PreCalculus
Shmoop: U.S. History I, U.S. History II, Modern European History
Study.com: Principles of Finance, Advanced Accounting I, Applied Managerial Accounting, American Government, Macroeconomics, Principles of Management, Globalization and International Management, English Composition II, Intro to Computing, Public Speaking, Info Systems and Comp Apps
SL: Intermediate Accounting I, Introduction to Religon, Cost Accounting, Western Civilization I/II
TECEP: Strategic Management, Federal Income Tax
Only matriculated/degree seeking students are eligible to graduate. You apply to TESU as a degree seeking student/matriculated and select a specific program. Send in all your transcripts. TESU will accept you within a week but will take a few more weeks up to a month to do your academic eval. After you apply you can then register for the capstone at any time. You will not lock in a particular catalog until you officially enroll. Under the per credit tuition plan you enroll by registering for a TECEP or course. In order to graduate you have to be enrolled. Once you are ready to graduate e-mail TESU about the residency waiver fee, make sure to indicate you are ready to graduate and will be applying for graduation. Then you apply for graduation. You have to apply first pay the $75 application fee and then register for the capstone as a degree seeking student. You pay the capstone fee at the time of registration for the capstone not when you apply. If you apply as a non-degree seeking student (non-matriculated student) you will not be allowed to graduate.
TESC AAS CJ, December 2015
Working on TESU BA CJ/PSY March 2018

TECEP: Marriage and Family, Abnormal Psy, Intro to Soc, Psy of Women, Public Relations, Computer Concepts and Applications, Liberal Arts Math
ECE: Cultural Diversity, Juvenile Delinquency, Workplace Communications, Business Information Systems
DSST: Criminal Justice, Principles of Supervision, Substance Abuse
PF: Principles of Loss Prevention, White Collar Crime, Criminal Law
Propero: Victimology, Criminology, Intro to Homeland Security, Juvenile Justice, Criminal Justice Ethics
The Institutes: Ethics Course
AP: American History
FHSU: Justice in the Information Age
NOCTI Business Solutions: Protective Services, Security and Protective Services
Schmoop: Drugs in Lit
Synicaal Wrote:I also believe you need to apply for graduation, then pay the fees.

One of the bursar's and an adviser both told me to pay the residency waiver before applying for graduation.
TESU BSBA/GenMgmt, Graduation approved for March 2017
CR Sources: 75cr(StraighterLine), 15cr(Saylor), 6cr(ALEKS), 6cr(Kaplan, TESU), 12cr(PF), 6cr(CLEP)
You should apply before anything else. It takes time for them to do the initial eval, so you'll want that in process before you get to the end, thinking you can get ready to graduate, but then get the graduation pushed back because they haven't even done the initial eval. Or gotten all of the transcripts.

Also, you have to register for the capstone for a term in the future, so you have some down time in there. So, apply, then as soon as you're a "student", register for the TECEP for the next term (probably Mar), and then you can start studying for it then.

All of this takes time, so you don't want to wait until the last minute to do this stuff.

Here's a great reason not to wait:
http://www.degreeforum.net/excelsior-tho...evals.html
TESU BSBA/HR 2018 - WVNCC BOG AAS 2017 - GGU Cert in Mgmt 2000
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA
Thank you everyone for the information. I have been dreading these final steps for so long and feel a little overwhelmed. I did apply, sent my transcripts from all B&M schools, Saylor/NCCRS and AP, in the process today of sending my CLEP and DSST transcripts. Once I complete my last two study.com courses I will send my ACE transcript.
MBA- WGU, in progress 2018
BSBA- TESU, Sep. 2017

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  TESU BALS and Questions TexasTink 20 5,128 09-06-2018, 07:51 PM
Last Post: TexasTink
  TESU BALS w/Concentration questions shadowgem 0 1,717 08-24-2018, 12:40 PM
Last Post: shadowgem
  Need clarification.. Sorry for the newbie questions NoThesis 8 2,009 08-23-2018, 03:22 PM
Last Post: MNomadic
  TESU BSBA GM Completion Timeline dexter1326 9 2,291 08-07-2018, 09:23 PM
Last Post: dfrecore
  Excelsior HR Degree Progress glgamerica 6 1,824 07-31-2018, 10:44 PM
  First Post - TESC Academic Evaluation Questions npk32 34 5,636 07-18-2018, 01:03 PM
Last Post: npk32
  TESU First Year Foundations & More Questions Lewis.Yim 8 2,938 06-24-2018, 02:44 PM
Last Post: Lewis.Yim
  TESU BALS Evaluation updated with AA completion? triforce828 10 2,533 06-03-2018, 05:25 PM
Last Post: MSK9
  questions for my friend's son maplefu 4 1,314 05-22-2018, 08:36 PM
Last Post: maplefu
  Questions about ICCP exams - Calling all IT/MIS Students gus 31 8,945 05-15-2018, 09:21 AM