Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
How to change/add AOS at TESU
Enrolled at TESU at the end of 2018 and now I want to change my BA AOS. I've run through the Academic Evaluation link on the website, but I can't work out how to make the change official.

Would one of you resident experts be able to point out what is probably the bleeding obvious and tell me how to change my AOS?
You'll want to send an email to advising to have them change it for you.
Completed:
BA History & Psychology, Thomas Edison State University, March 2020
ASNSM Mathematics, Thomas Edison State University, March 2020

Up Next:
JD, Cornell Law School, Class of 2024

Link to all credits earned: Link
Well that would be why I couldn't find the link myself!

If I want to add in a second degree as well, would I do this the same way? Thinking of adding a BSBA to my BA Psych.
You might want to first try out a mock academic eval on your TESU OSS. There is a feature: ‘what if I changed my degree now’. That would give you an impression of how your current courses would feature in your BSBA academic eval, and help you plan your steps. Then, you need to write to your academic advisor, to formally add a second degree to your list.
As far as I understand, you can add an AOS only within the same degree. When you are shifting from a BA to a BS, it qualifies as a separate degree, and has a different Capstone project.
TESU BALS-Psych. + ASNSM(Math) 

TEEX(6): Cybersec. 101/201/301
The Institutes(2): Ethics
Sophia(2): Ess. Of Managing Conflict, Dev. Effective Teams
NFA(1): Comm. Safety Edu.
GED(10): NAS-131, SOC-273, MAT-121, HUM-101 (1)
Study.com(75): Intro to Psych., Soc. Psych.-1, Growth & Dev. Psych., Personality Psych., History & Systems of Psych., Org. Theory, Library Science, Comm. at Workplace, Intro to World Religion, I/O Psych., Ethics in Soc. Sc., Org. Comm., Eng. 104, Eng. 105, History of Vietnam war, Sp. Ed. History & Law, Diff. Ed., Classroom Mgmt., Foundations of Ed., Abnormal Psych., Rsch. methods in Psych., College Math, Intro. to Geometry., Calculus (6).
Saylor (15): Intro. to Mol. & Cellular Bio., Comp. Politics, Corporate Comm., Env. Ethics, Principles of Comm. 
TESU (1): Cornerstone, Lib. 495 Capstone.
CSM (3): Quant. reasoning. 
Aleks (6): Trigonometry, Intro to Statistics. 

MS-Psychology; Walden University 
GPA: 4/4
Yes, the 'what if I changed my degree now' is the feature under Academic Evaluation that I've already gone though. TESU doesn't indicate what you do after you've gone through the the academic evaluation. You'd think they'd include some note about 'if you like this evaluation, please contact us at suchandsuch@suchandsuch.com to make the change official' or whatever.

I know the addition of a second degree will mean another Capstone and I'm okay with that. My real worry is the change meaning I have to do the new 3-credit cornerstone they introduced. My plan is as follows:
Change BA English to BA Psych, AND add in a BSBA as a second Bachelor degree.
(03-11-2019, 01:44 AM)Kartvelian Wrote: Yes, the 'what if I changed my degree now' is the feature under Academic Evaluation that I've already gone though. TESU doesn't indicate what you do after you've gone through the the academic evaluation. You'd think they'd include some note about 'if you like this evaluation, please contact us at suchandsuch@suchandsuch.com to make the change official' or whatever.

Based on the emails and such I have received in my time as a student, TESU expects each student to be in regular communication with academic advising. They are the gateway for getting pretty much anything done as a student, so they don't say "contact them if you want to make a change" as the assumption is that you are doing the "what if" analysis as a precursor to a conversation with advising. In fact, I assume the "what if" tool is really only there so you won't have constantly bug advising each time you want to speculate on how a change might affect your evaluation.

(03-11-2019, 01:44 AM)Kartvelian Wrote: I know the addition of a second degree will mean another Capstone and I'm okay with that. My real worry is the change meaning I have to do the new 3-credit cornerstone they introduced. My plan is as follows:
Change BA English to BA Psych, AND add in a BSBA as a second Bachelor degree.

When a second degree is added it will most likely reflect the current catalog. This means the additional degree will come in under the 2019A catalog, which has the SOS-110 cornerstone requirement. However, if you've already completed the old TES-100 cornerstone in your main degree, I would hope that TESU will waive the second cornerstone requirement on the additional degree. I guess you'll know one way or another after you add the second degree. If it shows that SOS-110 is required, you can always petition them to waive it and remove the second degree later if they say no. You could also reach out to advising to ask them in advance, but I don't always trust their answers on speculative questions like this.
Working on: Debating whether I want to pursue a doctoral program or maybe another master's degree in 2022-23

Complete:
MBA (IT Management), 2019, Western Governors University
BSBA (Computer Information Systems), 2019, Thomas Edison State University
ASNSM (Computer Science), 2019, Thomas Edison State University

ScholarMatch College & Career Coach
WGU Ambassador
Quote:They are the gateway for getting pretty much anything done as a student,
This seems unusual to me to assume that students will simply "know" what to email TESU about and what to search for on the website. This was probably a silly thing to ask here. As a matter of course, it seems that it will be better to always email TESU directly, rather than ask here on this forum or search on the website. I will do that from now on.
(03-11-2019, 02:57 AM)Kartvelian Wrote:
Quote:They are the gateway for getting pretty much anything done as a student,

This seems unusual to me to assume that students will simply "know" what to email TESU about and what to search for on the website. This was probably a silly thing to ask here. As a matter of course, it seems that it will be better to always email TESU directly, rather than ask here on this forum or search on the website. I will do that from now on.

As I mentioned, the reason why I suggest that students should "know" this is because when you first apply, they email saying as much. In your intake phone call with advising they reinforce this. In pretty much every email correspondence you get from TESU they tell you to schedule a call with advising to do pretty much anything.

That said, TESU advising is notoriously bad at answering some kinds of questions. Particularly those related to alternative education, which is what this forum specializes in. You can get better answers here for those types of questions, and we have a ton of TESU grads and current students here who can also answer many other questions.

Anything related to changing your degree plan, unlocking capstones, moving courses in your evaluation (or pre-planning courses) should be done with advising since that is the only way to do so.
Working on: Debating whether I want to pursue a doctoral program or maybe another master's degree in 2022-23

Complete:
MBA (IT Management), 2019, Western Governors University
BSBA (Computer Information Systems), 2019, Thomas Edison State University
ASNSM (Computer Science), 2019, Thomas Edison State University

ScholarMatch College & Career Coach
WGU Ambassador
It seems obvious once I know I guess. ha.

I think i will be better off going to a "normal" university because this stuff seems beyond me. I dont know how you guys know all of this.

Sorry to bother everyone.
(03-11-2019, 11:38 AM)Kartvelian Wrote: It seems obvious once I know I guess. ha.

I think i will be better off going to a "normal" university because this stuff seems beyond me. I dont know how you guys know all of this.

Sorry to bother everyone.

You aren't bothering anyone. If we didn't want to answer, we wouldn't. Besides TESU doesn't make these things obvious at all. We know stuff because we read A LOT on here, and asked "bothersome" questions. If you do the same, you will soon understand as well.
NanoDegree: Intro to Self-Driving Cars (2019)
Coursera: Stanford Machine Learning (2019)
TESU: BA in Comp Sci (2016)
TECEP:Env Ethics (2015); TESU PLA:Software Eng, Computer Arch, C++, Advanced C++, Data Struct (2015); TESU Courses:Capstone, Database Mngmnt Sys, Op Sys, Artificial Intel, Discrete Math, Intro to Portfolio Dev, Intro PLA (2014-16); DSST:Anthro, Pers Fin, Astronomy (2014); CLEP:Intro to Soc (2014); Saylor.org:Intro to Computers (2014); CC: 69 units (1980-88)

PLA Tips Thread - TESU: What is in a Portfolio?

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Information TESU Debuts New Logo jch 15 695 03-22-2024, 02:35 PM
Last Post: bluebooger
  Business 421 capstone | TESU | Tips from our members akr680 10 1,974 03-22-2024, 12:00 AM
Last Post: TopHatWombat
  TESU Research Methods in Experimental Psychology amleigh 4 258 03-18-2024, 09:25 AM
Last Post: rachel83az
  TESU Response Time For Application joshua27 3 230 03-02-2024, 02:24 PM
Last Post: joshua27
  Free ways(e.g. TECEP)to register at TESU? Also say thank you to@bjcheung77@LevelUp Felisa 2 301 03-01-2024, 02:14 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  SAS Programmer Certificates at TESU jg_nuy 5 267 02-29-2024, 08:18 PM
Last Post: mog538
  Conflicting info from TESU for dual degrees?? ACI 32 2,156 02-22-2024, 12:19 PM
Last Post: faptaincrunch
  Admitted BA Computers Science - TESU Chan.kckn 3 391 02-21-2024, 07:46 PM
Last Post: LevelUP
  Transfer to TESU Questions homeschoolmom1 14 726 02-20-2024, 06:18 PM
Last Post: jg_nuy
  Remaining Classes for TESU Degree faptaincrunch 7 568 02-20-2024, 08:19 AM
Last Post: faptaincrunch