Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
How work intensive is War and American Society?
If I start this class in May, I will be "on vacation" of sorts for the last 6 1/2 weeks of the class. I am planing to take the online version rather than guided study. The reading is not a problem for me, but in the opinion of anyone who has taken this class, will it eat into my vacation time too much? I took one class that required me to log in and participate in a discussion 2 times per day! That would totally mess me up, even if the actual workload was light.
Also, if there is a proctored midterm, will they allow me to take it in France even though I am not an international student?
Thanks!
Lyanne

DSST (27)
Personal Finance - 448 Astronomy - 61 Civil War and Reconstruction - 68 History of Vietnam War - 68 Substance Abuse - 59 World Religions - 473 Rise and Fall of the Soviet Union - 55 Environment and Humanity: Race to Save the Planet -61 Intro to Modern Middle East - 58
CLEP (48)
American Literature-73 American Government-62 U.S. History I - 64 U.S. History II -73 A&I Literature - 75 Western Civ I - 58 Western Civ II - 61 English Literature - 67 Humanities -76 Intro Sociology - 62 Social Sciences & History - 69
Other (43)
English Composition, Literature & Composition, Art Appreciation, General Psychology, Intro to Anthropology, Abnormal Psychology, Travel Agency Operations, Advanced Hospitality (7 credits), Intro Computer Software, Digital Photography, War and American Society, TESC Capstone
ALEKS (3)
Intermediate Algebra

**Not official, but BA History at Thomas Edison State College!!!!!!*
Bumping..so no one here has taken War and American Society at TESC?
Lyanne

DSST (27)
Personal Finance - 448 Astronomy - 61 Civil War and Reconstruction - 68 History of Vietnam War - 68 Substance Abuse - 59 World Religions - 473 Rise and Fall of the Soviet Union - 55 Environment and Humanity: Race to Save the Planet -61 Intro to Modern Middle East - 58
CLEP (48)
American Literature-73 American Government-62 U.S. History I - 64 U.S. History II -73 A&I Literature - 75 Western Civ I - 58 Western Civ II - 61 English Literature - 67 Humanities -76 Intro Sociology - 62 Social Sciences & History - 69
Other (43)
English Composition, Literature & Composition, Art Appreciation, General Psychology, Intro to Anthropology, Abnormal Psychology, Travel Agency Operations, Advanced Hospitality (7 credits), Intro Computer Software, Digital Photography, War and American Society, TESC Capstone
ALEKS (3)
Intermediate Algebra

Lyanne Wrote:If I start this class in May, I will be "on vacation" of sorts for the last 6 1/2 weeks of the class. I am planing to take the online version rather than guided study. The reading is not a problem for me, but in the opinion of anyone who has taken this class, will it eat into my vacation time too much? I took one class that required me to log in and participate in a discussion 2 times per day! That would totally mess me up, even if the actual workload was light.
Also, if there is a proctored midterm, will they allow me to take it in France even though I am not an international student?
Thanks!

Hi Lyanne,

I am right now finishing up this course and it is definitely not very intensive. There are only five discussion assignments for the whole course and four written assignments, which are 500-1000 words each. Since I am spending most of my time on my Liberal Arts Capstone, I usually read only the main textbook, but I sometimes do the other reading assignments. Your first discussion board postings will probably take about 30 minutes or less to write and all your replies to your classmates' posts will probably take 10-15 minutes total. The papers usually take 3 hours or less to write and the reading assignments depend on your reading speed.

To answer your last question, the midterm and final are proctored online through the online proctoring service, ProctorU. So, if you have a computer with a webcam, microphone, and internet access, I would assume you could take the exams in France, but I would check just in case.
Thanks so much! It sounds like this is doable without taking too much time out of my sightseeing and stuff. And the online proctored exams are perfect. I already have all the books so maybe I can see the syllabus and read the assignments ahead and take notes, then just bring the notes to France.
Wow, I'm excited now. Thanks again!
Lyanne

DSST (27)
CLEP (48)
Other (43)
ALEKS (3)
Intermediate Algebra

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Options for TESU BSBA Gen.Mgt Finance & Business/Society Excellente 5 1,921 06-30-2018, 06:05 PM
Last Post: Merlin
  TECEP Term - How does it work? Silly_Me 15 3,439 02-19-2018, 07:50 PM
Last Post: ECH90
Big Grin You can use Study.com BUS-120 for Business/Society Requirement!! lca88 9 3,701 01-23-2018, 07:10 PM
Last Post: keepsingin
  How does the WGU IT degree work dfrecore 28 4,327 12-30-2017, 11:29 PM
Last Post: jsd
  Graduation Process? How does it work exactly BearEDU 5 1,459 12-27-2017, 10:27 PM
Last Post: ajs1976a
  Is it possible to work on BSBA TESU Capstone without registering for the class? BearEDU 58 15,015 11-07-2017, 10:24 AM
Last Post: BearEDU
  How does TESU study.com discount work? mccatm 4 2,631 10-28-2017, 08:27 AM
Last Post: icampy
  How does Financial Aid work if trying to get a degree from TESU?? David.Hamad 29 6,989 10-03-2017, 07:36 PM
Last Post: sanantone
  Does ACE Email delivery work for TESU? BearEDU 4 1,712 08-26-2017, 12:02 AM
Last Post: BearEDU
  Business in Society TECEP Feedback Please runnergirlnae 18 5,776 06-14-2017, 01:34 AM
Last Post: bricabrac