Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Human Cultural Geography
Does anyone have any information on how I would find some help with this dantes? Ive looked everywhere and cant find anything. Im taking the test next week!! AHHH!!!hilarious
I am going into the test blind and totally unprepped! As I am not paying for it, I don't much care. I read the sample questions but they seem kind of scattered and around the point of a normal geography course. I will let you know what was on it when I get out of it.

-HB
Working On:
NOTHING!!!!
Finished: Graduated BSL 15 Feb 08, Waiting on the USPS to deliver the cert.

[SIZE="2"]Passed:
All Clep Generals (Except Math)
ECE Composition,Clep Intro to Soc,DSST Human Cult Geography,World Conflict,HRM,World Pop,Ethics,ECE Research Methods in Psych,Abnormal Psych,
DSST Technical Writing, Intro World Religions,
MIS,Drugs and Alcohol, R+F USSR,Intro to Computers,Civil War,Criminal Justice,B. Math
Environment+Humanity,Info Systems+Comp Apps, CLEP- US History 1+2,Ana. Lit, DSST- Intro to Buisness [/SIZE]
Firstly, there weren't a lot of questions that jumped out at me as something that you could simply grab a book and study. You seemed to need a general knowledge of world geography and where countries are in relation to water bodies etc.

What crops were NOT originally domesticated in North America

What US city historically suffers the most natural disasters

Know what classifys an undeveloped, developed and developing country

Know the difference between regional languages and what are language families

Where did Buddism originate
Where did confucianism originate

Know what a megolopolis is and what regions of the US are NOT classified as a megolopolis

You will be given graphs which show population in contrast to food supply

What is a consumption indication of a developed region (electricity?)

What is considered a non-renewable resource

A cold temp, but a clear sky in January in upstate NY is likely caused by what kind of weather pattern

What human tool causes the most drastic changes in the natural environment (bronze, steel, fire etc)

Do a google search for noted Cultural Geographers (there aren't many!) Learn a few of their notable theories

What city out of a list lies between 40 deg and 60 deg lat north or south and has a rainy winter and warm summer

What city in 20-30 deg north or south has a wet winter and a dry summer from a list

Learn what economic systems are and what regions can fall into them

Know what a core-periphery model is

Know what causes a pushing force in migration from countries

China is considered (multiple choice: resource rich, developed...resource poor developed....resource rich undeveloped etc....)

What is not considered a grass land: tiaga, meadow, plain, etc]

A country that is not near another that controls that country is an example of ...............(imperialism)

Where were humans located on the earth around 10,000 bc

Where did humans develop urbanization

What are the advantages of a flat map over a glope.....

What is false about lattitude: it's a meridian arc, it passes through Greenwich, it goes from 0 to 90 deg, it runs north and south

Know a few land physiography terms (I didn't know quite a few of them)

That's all I remember for now. If one of my questions doesn't make sense than it's probably my memory! I won't know if I passed this one for several weeks, but that's what I remember from the test as I took it 30 minutes ago. There weren't many questions on the test that seemed difficult. Some of them seemed WAY too easy to be right, but after reading them a few times, I realized it was the only answer. I probably would take the Social Sciences Clep before this one. There are a lot of questions from the CLEP book that would apply to this test from there. As this test seemed kind of wandering and ambiguous at times, I probably would have been stressed out while taking it if I had paid for it. Unless your a big-time geography nut, I would pass this one by.
Working On:
NOTHING!!!!
Finished: Graduated BSL 15 Feb 08, Waiting on the USPS to deliver the cert.

[SIZE="2"]Passed:
All Clep Generals (Except Math)
ECE Composition,Clep Intro to Soc,DSST Human Cult Geography,World Conflict,HRM,World Pop,Ethics,ECE Research Methods in Psych,Abnormal Psych,
DSST Technical Writing, Intro World Religions,
MIS,Drugs and Alcohol, R+F USSR,Intro to Computers,Civil War,Criminal Justice,B. Math
Environment+Humanity,Info Systems+Comp Apps, CLEP- US History 1+2,Ana. Lit, DSST- Intro to Buisness [/SIZE]
Looking forward to your results, and thanks for the detailed feedback--this is a test that there really wasn't much info on!
--
Steve
Webmaster, InstantCert.com
Just took my test today and passed with a 52 all the feed back questions posted on this subject were right on, anybody that is curious about this test just study those questions posted as well as the topics and you will get a passing grade. Thank you guys so much for helping me pass this test!!!
I studied using the AP Human Cultural Geography study guide. I can't remember which one but it was available on Amazon kindle for 8 dollars. I studied for about 30 hours and passed with a decent grade that I don't remember.
BSBA CIS from TESC, BA Natural Science/Math from TESC
MBA Applied Computer Science from NCU
Enrolled at NCU in the PhD Applied Computer Science
I took this test a while ago and allthough I don't remenber too much about the test itself, I thought it was fine. I used an AP geography study guide that I got in the library. I enjoyed studying for this test (I love geography). I scored 69.
[SIZE="1"]BSBA in Accounting at TESC - Done! :hurray:
Started June 2009 with zero credits, now have 133!

CLEP:
English Literature - 67, Chemistry - 60, Microeconomics - 69, Macroeconomics - 77, U.S. History I - 68, U.S. History II - 64, American Government - 64, Humanities - 68, College Algebra - 64, English Composition - 56, Financial Accounting - 80 Smile, Principles of Management - 74, Intro. Business Law - 73, Principles of Marketing - 79, Info. Systems & Computer Applications - 77

DSST:
Introduction to Business - 446, Human/Cultural Geography - 69, Personal Finance - 463, Principles of Supervision - 443, Organizational Behavior - 76, Human Resource Management - 77, Business Ethics and Society - 468, Principles of Finance - 471, Management Information Systems - 447, Money and Banking - 73

TECEP:
Financial Institutions and Markets, Federal Income Taxation, Strategic Management

Straighterline Course:
Business Communication
[/SIZE]
it would help if you guys remembered or mentioned which AP geography book you used - kaplans? barrons? - the more info the better for fellow, future test takers -
I just passed this with a 61. Highland Burial's questions were all on there. I'll add some more in a second, but none of the books or study guides give you sense of how specific or sometimes strangely worded the test is. Also, people who say they passed just by reading the AP book are either already very knowledgeable about geography in general or lying. There's is NO WAY someone like me who is ignorant of geography can pass with just one book lke that. I studied using Barron's AP book from 200. I used Human Geography by Fellman (10th Edition). An intro to Human Geography by Rubenstein and a physical geography book which I left in my car and can't remember the author. Physical geography is half the test so don't ignore that stuff, though you have to pick your battles bc there is SO MUCH of that to learn. There were some things I just ignored in physical geography bc it was too much to remember. Here are the questions I recall. Add these to highland burial's questions and you'll know about half the test.

1) From a list of countries where are aridisols found?
2) Where is the fire ring located?
3) Where is Bhuddism no longer the dominant religion? They'll show you a map with a wierd legend and you have to figure it out. I guessed.
4) What African country was never a European colony?
5) Definition of imperialism
6) What are ways globes are turned into maps? (Cube, cone or cylinder)
7) Where were humans dispersed to by 10,000BC
8)What is biggest threat to developing nations (waste dumping, migration from cities to rural areas...)
9) What is a cause or result of a tsunami?
10) What is the smallest storm? (Typhoon, hurricane, noreaster)
11)In a particular demographic model (seemed like the one for a developed country) what is happening to the population? (expanding, contracting, stable)
12) Be able to calculate retail break point. Gave two cities, their populations and disctance from each other. Had to use a formula which I didn't know. So I guessed.
13) What city or state supplies the most fish. I put Peru which I think is right.
14) If a company loses the bulk of the raw material in the manufacturing process where should they locate their business, close to the market or close to the material. This is a Weber least-cost question and I put near the site of the raw material.
15) Doubling time is calculate by dividing by what number?

Be comforted that ALL of HighlandBurials questions were on there, so I'm guessing the ones I've added will be too. Good luck.

On to Micro and Macro Economics for me!
whend25 Wrote:it would help if you guys remembered or mentioned which AP geography book you used - kaplans? barrons? - the more info the better for fellow, future test takers -

I used Barron's AP study guide. But it was whichever one I could find at my local library; for other tests I have used Kaplans and Princeton Review with success.

whend25 Wrote:...people who say they passed just by reading the AP book are either already very knowledgeable about geography in general or lying.

I did only use the AP book, but I did also mention in my earlier post that I love geography and enjoyed studying for this test.
[SIZE="1"]BSBA in Accounting at TESC - Done! :hurray:
Started June 2009 with zero credits, now have 133!

CLEP:
English Literature - 67, Chemistry - 60, Microeconomics - 69, Macroeconomics - 77, U.S. History I - 68, U.S. History II - 64, American Government - 64, Humanities - 68, College Algebra - 64, English Composition - 56, Financial Accounting - 80 Smile, Principles of Management - 74, Intro. Business Law - 73, Principles of Marketing - 79, Info. Systems & Computer Applications - 77

DSST:
Introduction to Business - 446, Human/Cultural Geography - 69, Personal Finance - 463, Principles of Supervision - 443, Organizational Behavior - 76, Human Resource Management - 77, Business Ethics and Society - 468, Principles of Finance - 471, Management Information Systems - 447, Money and Banking - 73

TECEP:
Financial Institutions and Markets, Federal Income Taxation, Strategic Management

Straighterline Course:
Business Communication
[/SIZE]

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Know your Canada/US geography? Think again! bjcheung77 1 231 03-22-2024, 02:47 PM
Last Post: bluebooger
  DSST - Health and Human Development Silly_Me 6 3,125 04-30-2021, 08:58 AM
Last Post: ctcarl
  Human Services vs Psych natshar 7 1,759 03-22-2020, 12:05 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Bachelors in Accounting and Human Resources? Jenniferinfl 47 6,835 06-17-2019, 07:34 AM
Last Post: Jenniferinfl
  Human Gr. and Dev. CLEP study question... S.Tesla 3 1,185 05-07-2019, 02:28 PM
Last Post: DeanLewis
  Cheap Online Degree in Human Biology sanantone 8 1,812 01-28-2019, 01:44 PM
Last Post: sanantone
  Human growth and development (CLEP EXAM) diva34 16 4,835 07-10-2018, 11:25 AM
Last Post: cookderosa
  Cultural Classes erinp88 0 934 04-17-2018, 01:34 PM
Last Post: erinp88
  Substance Abuse & Health and Human Development DSST for $65 (each) Joeman200 0 1,207 10-18-2017, 03:51 PM
Last Post: Joeman200
  InstantCert Flashcards: Uexcel Human Resource Management and Organizational Behavior jthatcher50 0 1,602 08-29-2017, 07:19 AM
Last Post: jthatcher50