Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
I am finally done! BSBA CIS + GM
I was sent this email from Dawn in the graduation office after going back and forth between TESU and CSU. She's great. I imagine she's sick of me calling and emailing though.

"I am pleased to inform you that you have been certified for the BSBA degree with areas of study in Computer Information Systems and General Management for June 9, 2017 graduation. Your diploma package will be mailed within ten business days of June 9, 2017."

I wonder if I'll get the official announcement as well.

Well anyway I'm done.

I managed to get a combined degree of CIS and General Management. I had basically finished my Gen Management months ago. I thought for job purposes it would be good to have CIS as well.

I want to give a big shout out to Dfrecore she is basically queen on this site. She helped me with my degree plan and has always been there to answer questions. She is completely awesome and amazing.

I want to give a shoutout to Dave if it weren't for him mentioning that you can send final transcripts over a month after the graduation deadline I wouldn't be graduating right now. (I turned in my last class 1/2 months after the graduation deadline)

Also special shoutout to sanatone and cookedrosa for just being support / guides I've learned tons from those two alone

Bricabrac and his notes. I wouldn't have passed the exam without them. Enough said

Jsd, Nixi, synical, cookedrosa, Prloko, mamasphire, auriellas, alleycat, kavv, alzee, life long learning, bjcheung77, high order 1 too many names honestly. Thank you.

To the rest of the members that are not mentioned, you have helped me as well and I thank you for that.

Now it's time for applying to master programs. I will be making a topic to document my journey since I don't think I have a gpa and I lack experience so will see.

Plans for summer security +, ccent, ccna in that order.
Congrats!

I'm glad you are going to share about your applications. I'll be following along Smile

That's awesome, congrats! That's hard work paying off right there! Way to go! I look forward to you documenting this!

BTW - Why in that order? I would have added something before that, like Network+. And that's great if you want to skip it.

I'm also curious which Masters program you're wanting to go for.
In Progress: Walden MBA | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: Global Management & Entrepreneurship, ASU (Freebie)

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]
[video=youtube_share;M07gTpFj8-Q]http://youtu.be/M07gTpFj8-Q[/video]
NanoDegree: Intro to Self-Driving Cars (2019)
Coursera: Stanford Machine Learning (2019)
TESU: BA in Comp Sci (2016)
TECEP:Env Ethics (2015); TESU PLA:Software Eng, Computer Arch, C++, Advanced C++, Data Struct (2015); TESU Courses:Capstone, Database Mngmnt Sys, Op Sys, Artificial Intel, Discrete Math, Intro to Portfolio Dev, Intro PLA (2014-16); DSST:Anthro, Pers Fin, Astronomy (2014); CLEP:Intro to Soc (2014); Saylor.org:Intro to Computers (2014); CC: 69 units (1980-88)

PLA Tips Thread - TESU: What is in a Portfolio?
bjcheung77 Wrote:That's awesome, congrats! That's hard work paying off right there! Way to go! I look forward to you documenting this!

BTW - Why in that order? I would have added something before that, like Network+. And that's great if you want to skip it.

I'm also curious which Masters program you're wanting to go for.

I took a class for security + and net + at the local cc and now I'm taking a ccna course. With trying to finish up all my classes it was hard to focus on network + and security + which is why I haven't taken the exams yet.

So now that I'm done with school I'll be studying for security + and ccent at the same time. I also
Have access to testout Labsim for network +, so I'll probably still go through that. I just won't take the exam. I will learn the material through.

As for the masters program I'll be making a thread soon. Sometime next week with a detailed response but I can say that a majority of the schools in the D.C. Area I will be applying to that have my program. So maybe 6-7 schools. George Washington, University of Maryland Baltimore County, George Mason to name a few.
TESU BSBA (Dual Degree)
Computer Information Systems
General Management

Completed June 2017

For those wondering:
CIS AOS-
TEEX- Bus for IT + IT Professional = 4 UL
Study.com- Digital Marketing = 3 UL
University- Hardware Support Esentials = 4 LL C
Ed4credit- MIS = 3 UL C
SL- C++ Programming 4 UL
CSU Global - System Analysis & Design = 3 C

Gen Man AOS-
Study.com- HRM, Digital Marketing,
SL - Cost Accounting, Managerial Accounting, Organzitional Behavior.
DAU- Contact Administration, Defense Procurement Management

Congrats!!!
[SIZE=6]Aurelius
[/SIZE]

BSBA – General Management (Completed)

Graduation – June 9, 2017
Commencement – September 23, 2017

Study.com – Labor Relations 89%; Principles of Supv 91%; HR Management 94%; Prin of Finance 83%; Globalization & Intl Mgt 87%; Pers Finance 88%; Prin of Marketing 87%; Digital Mkt & Adv 94%; Bus Comm 92%
StraighterLine – Acct I 90%; Acct II 83%; Macro 92%; Micro 92%; Intro to Religion 87%; American Govt 88%; Bus Law 86%; Fin Accounting 84%; Mgr Accounting 84%; Intro to Comm 93%; Prin of Mgt 89%; Intro to Env Science 92%; Intro to Nutrition 89%
ALEKS – Beg Algebra; Int Algebra; College Algebra; PreCalculus; Intro to Stats
The Institutes - Ethics and CPCU Code
Kaplan University - Doc Your Exp for College Credit
NFA – Comm Safety Educators; Fire Service Sprvn
TEEX – CS for Everyone; CS for Bus Prof; CS for IT Prof
University of South Florida (USF) – Comp 1 & 2; Various history and music courses
TESU - Comp Concepts and App – 87%; Strategic Management - 81%
Good job! It's nice to see people put my degree plans to work! And that they do work...

Enjoy your degree! cheersmate
TESU BSBA/HR 2018 - WVNCC BOG AAS 2017 - GGU Cert in Mgmt 2000
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA
Congrats yb1!!

On a somewhat related note...I thought I had read that if you get the BSBA GM, you can't get a second AOS. Did I imagine that?
ndelcollo Wrote:Congrats yb1!!

On a somewhat related note...I thought I had read that if you get the BSBA GM, you can't get a second AOS. Did I imagine that?

I was surprised by that as well - I think they changed it at some point in the very near past. Now, you can get a GM and something else, as long as the 2 AOS's don't share any courses.
TESU BSBA/HR 2018 - WVNCC BOG AAS 2017 - GGU Cert in Mgmt 2000
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA
Congratulations! Well deserved! Big Grin

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  BSBA in Finance Degree Plan from TESU UnbreakablyDetermined 2 2,786 08-30-2018, 11:22 PM
Last Post: Luiscastaneda25
Thumbs Up TESU BSBA spreadsheet - request for feedback mykal335i 4 2,053 08-30-2018, 10:58 PM
Last Post: mykal335i
  TESU - BSBA HR spreadsheet? UL AOS credit suggestions allvia 7 2,687 08-12-2018, 07:47 PM
Last Post: Jimmy999
  TESU BSBA GM Completion Timeline dexter1326 9 2,298 08-07-2018, 09:23 PM
Last Post: dfrecore
  Help planning a TESU BSBA degree plan kietro 11 5,044 08-03-2018, 12:39 PM
Last Post: kietro
  BSBA Gen Management TESU or Accounting Help LoanGunman 2 1,513 08-03-2018, 09:32 AM
Last Post: LoanGunman
  Intro + Degree advice, looking at TESU for multiple degrees, BSBA + BSAST coloradocale 14 4,157 08-02-2018, 08:53 PM
Last Post: coloradocale
  TESU - BSBA Easiest Path to Obtain for BS degree? acamp 9 2,540 07-27-2018, 10:48 AM
Last Post: dfrecore
  COSC BSBA (General Business) -- Check please??? stampbuyme 5 1,840 07-26-2018, 03:20 PM
Last Post: topdog98
  TESU BSBA Degree Plan --- less time & money Bach2Mast 8 3,236 07-12-2018, 01:46 PM
Last Post: Bach2Mast