Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
I want to change my BALA to BSLA,HELP!
Can I change my major in excelsior college,would my advisor consent? I am an enrolled student.

I have 59cr LL Arts & Sciences now.

What is the major differences between BALA and BSLA?

Do I have to complete 30 UL applied professtional credit? I noticed TorsMama who enrolled in BSLA is taking a lot of psychology UL courses on coopersmith.How does it work? Is there no need to complete 30 UL applied professtional credit? I hope someone who enrolled in Excelsior College can tell me something. Heart
You should be able to change it easily.

The difference is that the BALA requires 90cr in Arts & Sciences, and 30cr in Arts & Sciences or Professional Electives (free electives basically). ALL 30cr of UL must be in the Arts & Sciences area. The BSLA requires 60/60, and the 30cr of UL is split: 21cr must be Arts & Sciences, and 9cr can be in the Professional Electives.

For someone who has a lot of non-arts & Sciences courses, a BSLA is the better option. It's also one where you can get some of those UL credits from business courses, or another field that's not A&S (doing a plan now for someone who has a lot of credit from EMT & Fire, he would lose half of those in a BALA).
TESU BSBA/HR 2018 - WVNCC BOG AAS 2017 - GGU Cert in Mgmt 2000
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA
[-] The following 2 users Like dfrecore's post:
  • ISKBizz15, qiaoyiren
(03-06-2021, 11:51 PM)dfrecore Wrote: You should be able to change it easily.

The difference is that the BALA requires 90cr in Arts & Sciences, and 30cr in Arts & Sciences or Professional Electives (free electives basically).  ALL 30cr of UL must be in the Arts & Sciences area.  The BSLA requires 60/60, and the 30cr of UL is split: 21cr must be Arts & Sciences, and 9cr can be in the Professional Electives.

For someone who has a lot of non-arts & Sciences courses, a BSLA is the better option.  It's also one where you can get some of those UL credits from business courses, or another field that's not A&S (doing a plan now for someone who has a lot of credit from EMT & Fire, he would lose half of those in a BALA).

Thanks a lot !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

60cr- 9cr=51 cr. So, it means I need 51 lower credits Professional Electives?

The difference is that the BALA requires 90cr in Arts & Sciences, and 30cr in Arts & Sciences or Professional Electives (free electives basically).  ALL 30cr of UL must be in the Arts & Sciences area.  The BSLA requires 60/60, and the 30cr of UL is split: 21cr must be Arts & Sciences, and 9cr can be in the Professional Electives.

For someone who has a lot of non-arts & Sciences courses, a BSLA is the better option.  It's also one where you can get some of those UL credits from business courses, or another field that's not A&S (doing a plan now for someone who has a lot of credit from EMT & Fire, he would lose half of those in a BALA).

I found an old posts.
bjcheung77  said
APPLIED PROFESSIONAL or ADDITIONAL ARTS AND SCIENCES Needed
Any Academic Area Lower Level 51.0
Any Academic Area Upper Level 9.0

What does "or" ADDITIONAL ARTS AND SCIENCES Needed mean?

Does it mean I can take Arts and Sciences into applied professional part? I could take 60 Arts and Sciences and additional 51 Arts and Science?

So the only difference between BALA and BSLA is only 9 UL appiled professional credits?

Maybe I misunderstood something.Does anyone know what this means?
(03-07-2021, 02:56 AM)qiaoyiren Wrote:

I found an old posts.
bjcheung77  said
APPLIED PROFESSIONAL or ADDITIONAL ARTS AND SCIENCES Needed
Any Academic Area Lower Level 51.0
Any Academic Area Upper Level 9.0

What does "or" ADDITIONAL ARTS AND SCIENCES Needed mean?

Does it mean I can take Arts and Sciences into applied professional part? I could take 60 Arts and Sciences and additional 51 Arts and Science?

So the only difference between BALA and BSLA is only 9 UL appiled professional credits?

Maybe I misunderstood something.Does anyone know what this means?

So per what dfrecore said, for a BSLA you need 60cr in Arts & Sciences, and 60cr in Applied Professional and/or Arts & Sciences. So if you wanted, you could take all 120 as Arts & Sciences.

For LL/UL, 30cr must be UL. For the BALA it ALL must be Arts & Sciences. For the BSLA, 21cr MUST be Arts & Sciences, and 9cr can be EITHER Arts & Sciences or Applied Professional.

Does that make sense?
[-] The following 1 user Likes dbinghamjr's post:
  • NC Coach
You can make the change through your advisor. That's the only way to change it. You should go over all of the changes in requirements with them.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Excelsior BSLA - Upper Level Credits Robinred2404 7 416 03-18-2024, 09:08 PM
Last Post: Robinred2404
  New Change to Enrollment at Excelsior U. -- Not Good milah1 12 1,652 10-20-2023, 12:46 PM
Last Post: frankc
  BSLA recommendations Shogun 5 610 10-16-2023, 07:15 PM
Last Post: Shogun
Smile EU - BSLA nick00106 46 5,958 10-03-2023, 10:56 AM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Upcoming Change to Transfer Credit Process frankc 6 1,912 03-09-2023, 07:54 PM
Last Post: dfrecore
  BALS (UMPI) vs. BSLA (Excelsior) lumina 17 2,371 08-29-2022, 01:14 PM
Last Post: lumina
  EXCELSIOR NAME CHANGE ShotoJuku 2 731 04-30-2022, 01:52 PM
Last Post: LevelUP
  BSLA Cornerstone/Capstone Questions TorsMama 12 2,674 07-04-2021, 12:31 AM
Last Post: mrskitty
  BALA at Excelsior TorsMama 4 1,594 05-01-2020, 11:52 AM
Last Post: dfrecore
  ECE BSLA Capstone ninod 4 1,348 04-30-2020, 06:04 PM
Last Post: ninod