Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Indiana University MS Data Science - $12,500 total cost
Just popping in to post a newish program that I recently found on my alma mater's website. It's an online 30-credit MS in Data Science that is being offered for $12,500 for the entire degree. IU has some great professors in this area, and you can't beat that tuition rate. It looks like intake is only once a year and tuition is not guaranteed for next year yet, but it might be an interesting program for those of you with computing backgrounds. There are probably significant synchronous commitments involved, as is common with IUB's online programs.

https://www.soic.indiana.edu/graduate/de...index.html
CPA (WA), CFA Level III Candidate

Currently pursuing: ALM, Data Science - Harvard University, Cambridge, MA (12/48, on hold for CFA/life commitments)
MBA, Finance/Accounting - Indiana University, Bloomington, IN, 2015
BSBA, General Management - Thomas Edison State College, Trenton, NJ, 2012

[-] The following 2 users Like Yanji's post:
  • neutrino, Yenisei
The last I heard about that one I thought the price was north of $20K. Great to have another affordable Computing MS from a top 5 computer science program.
NanoDegree: Intro to Self-Driving Cars (2019)
Coursera: Stanford Machine Learning (2019)
TESU: BA in Comp Sci (2016)
TECEP:Env Ethics (2015); TESU PLA:Software Eng, Computer Arch, C++, Advanced C++, Data Struct (2015); TESU Courses:Capstone, Database Mngmnt Sys, Op Sys, Artificial Intel, Discrete Math, Intro to Portfolio Dev, Intro PLA (2014-16); DSST:Anthro, Pers Fin, Astronomy (2014); CLEP:Intro to Soc (2014); Saylor.org:Intro to Computers (2014); CC: 69 units (1980-88)

PLA Tips Thread - TESU: What is in a Portfolio?
Definitely interested in this. I've been looking for something with a data science focus that doesn't have significant pre-req requirements.
Currently studying for: Still deciding.

Done!
2020 - Harvard Extension School - ALM IT Management 
2019 - Harvard Extension School - Graduate Certificate Data Science
2018 - Harvard Extension School - Graduate Certificate Cyber Security
2016 - WGU - MBA Mgmt & Strategy
2015 - Thomas Edison State College - BSBA Marketing & CIS
Yanji Wrote:Just popping in to post a newish program that I recently found on my alma mater's website. It's an online 30-credit MS in Data Science that is being offered for $12,500 for the entire degree. IU has some great professors in this area, and you can't beat that tuition rate. It looks like intake is only once a year and tuition is not guaranteed for next year yet, but it might be an interesting program for those of you with computing backgrounds. There are probably significant synchronous commitments involved, as is common with IUB's online programs.

Yanji so very nice to hear from you again! Thanks for the update- that's a great price!
(08-31-2016, 03:52 PM)Yanji Wrote: Just popping in to post a newish program that I recently found on my alma mater's website. It's an online 30-credit MS in Data Science that is being offered for $12,500 for the entire degree. IU has some great professors in this area, and you can't beat that tuition rate. It looks like intake is only once a year and tuition is not guaranteed for next year yet, but it might be an interesting program for those of you with computing backgrounds. There are probably significant synchronous commitments involved, as is common with IUB's online programs.

well this has certainly gone up in price 

https://www.sice.indiana.edu/graduate/de...index.html

For the 2017-18 Academic year, the tuition rate for the Residential and Online Programs is $1,360.92 per credit hour for Out-of-State students and $428.56 per credit hour for In-State students. The tuition rate for our Online Certificate Program is $1,330.00 per credit hour, regardless of residency classification.
[-] The following 1 user Likes bluebooger's post:
  • cookderosa
This program is still available now for  $24k.

Here’s an interesting program for $21k  that lets you start with the micro masters with a $1400 initial investment.

https://www.edx.org/masters/online-maste...university
$12k price is for Indiana residents only.
Out of state or international students will need to pay $24k.
That's already too expensive for me.

You can get MS in DS from University of Texas Austin for $10k on Edex.
(10-20-2023, 12:58 AM)Pats20 Wrote: This program is still available now for  $24k.

Here’s an interesting program for $21k  that lets you start with the micro masters with a $1400 initial investment.

When checking the micromaster page, it says: "This program is retiring soon"

So probably this program will be gone soon.
Completed: INICMU MSIS (2015), GT OMSCS (2015), GT OMSA (2020)
(10-20-2023, 05:12 AM)sialiblo Wrote:
(10-20-2023, 12:58 AM)Pats20 Wrote: This program is still available now for  $24k.

When checking the micromaster page, it says: "This program is retiring soon"

So probably this program will be gone soon.
Yep I just noticed that.
Oh well, there are other options, I would look at Coursera/Edx options first and see if there are other public/state institutions that have 'applied Comp Sci with a concentration in Data Science', or something similar if you can't find a pure AI, ML, or data science program.
In Progress: Walden MBA | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: Global Management & Entrepreneurship, ASU (Freebie)

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Apollos University - from show clause to closure details bjcheung77 4 207 7 hours ago
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Phd in environmental science myopenledger 2 96 Yesterday, 11:32 AM
Last Post: Jonathan Whatley
  MBA Student @ Eastern University – AMA klone 15 1,046 Yesterday, 09:18 AM
Last Post: PaperAssistant
  Kairos University Masters in Counseling Wnt2BLPC 3 268 03-23-2024, 11:59 PM
Last Post: Wnt2BLPC
  Robert Cavelier University Journey armstrongsubero 26 1,452 03-19-2024, 05:30 PM
Last Post: eLearner
  Troy University Master's - $250/credit for military PreLawCoastie 11 546 03-11-2024, 12:20 PM
Last Post: Duneranger
Star a JD for JSD: another Northwestern California University School of Law journey thread jsd 31 6,839 03-08-2024, 08:40 PM
Last Post: HogwartsSchool
  Hellenic American University MBA: Overview of $3K RA MBA PrettyFlyforaChiGuy 90 13,966 03-06-2024, 03:28 PM
Last Post: lidel
  Eastern Illinois University. wildebeest 42 6,362 03-04-2024, 09:38 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  University of Illinois - Urbana Champaign MichaelDoesMarketing 35 3,307 03-03-2024, 04:25 PM
Last Post: rayray1000