Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Inkleind's TESU BSBA GM Plan & Updates
I passed the Strategic Management TECEP by barely scrapping by with 60%. I was sure I had failed it and that thought was starting to derail me as hard as my fear of math had kept me from going to college. I have now overcome both! I am so excited that I have nothing left to do that I couldn't repeat or take again, if need be.

Onwards and Upwards!

Now I am trying to decide whether I want to do the work through Modern States for the free CLEPs to keep costs down OR to go the SL route to expediate the process even though it will significantly increase costs.

I think my current plan is to finish studying for the English Comp w/ essay CLEP through Modern States. This will be my first CLEP exam and I would like to at least go through the process and see how I feel about it before making a decision.
I'm taking the same CLEP in 2 days....Modern States is awesome.
Up next:  WGU MSCSIA - Early 2023
Dropped:  WGU MSITM - Wasn't my cup of tea
Completed:  WGU BSCSIA (started 10/1/2018, finished 01/11/2019), Pierpont BOG AAS (5/2018)
Journey Thread (MSITM): https://www.degreeforum.net/mybb/Thread-...TM-Journey
Journey Thread (BS):  https://www.degreeforum.net/mybb/Thread-...ersecurity
Degree Spreadsheet (BS):  https://www.degreeforum.net/mybb/attachm...p?aid=2602

Took my first CLEP today! 

I used ModernStates and did the College Comp CLEP with the essays. I almost ran out of time on both essays but I felt really solid about both of them. 

The first essay was about how real heroes do not exist anymore and the second one was about elementary students wearing uniforms to school. 

I really enjoyed the CLEP experience. To be honest, I was pretty intimidated by it for a really long time but in the end I think it was way easier than I expected.
[-] The following 1 user Likes inkleind's post:
  • quigongene
I think I scored so low because I didn't do the standard format for the essays. I still passed, so not worried about it. I'm sure you'll be fine. What are you doing next? Have you submitted for the Guardian Scholarship from Study.com?
Up next:  WGU MSCSIA - Early 2023
Dropped:  WGU MSITM - Wasn't my cup of tea
Completed:  WGU BSCSIA (started 10/1/2018, finished 01/11/2019), Pierpont BOG AAS (5/2018)
Journey Thread (MSITM): https://www.degreeforum.net/mybb/Thread-...TM-Journey
Journey Thread (BS):  https://www.degreeforum.net/mybb/Thread-...ersecurity
Degree Spreadsheet (BS):  https://www.degreeforum.net/mybb/attachm...p?aid=2602

Yeah, I've already done the guardian scholarship so I think I'm just going to keep on clep'ing with Modern States. That was a way easier experience than I anticipated and I felt like their program had me really well prepared for it. And... IT'S FREE. So I'm definitely down with that. 

After I knock those out, I have 3 more AOS to take.
Never updated but I did take the College Comp and passed it easily. I've not done anything for a few months and I'm feeling very motivated to knock out some this month.
[-] The following 2 users Like inkleind's post:
  • McAllis430, quigongene
What are you doing next? A couple more CLEP?

It's been a bomber month! Got some sweet SL coupons and knocked out
Intro to Sociology
Intro to World Religions
American Government
and then I finished the Modern States A&I and clep'd out of that with a score of 68.

Working on Principles of Management and Marketing on Modern States now with the hope of clep'ing this week or early next week.

I think my year at TESU is about to come up, I need to register for a TECEP... anyone have any recommendations? I still need most of the AOS and quite a few gen ed electives as well as... well it's probably easier if I just attach the spreadsheet.... 

I would LOVE if someone could take a look at it and give some feedback. I am totally open to taking any classes to fill what I need, the blue ones are the finished ones, everything else is totally up in the air and I'll take quick/easy/cheap options and ideas for the rest.
Thanks!

Attached Files
.xlsx   Inkleind TESU 2017 BSBAGM.xlsx (Size: 54.48 KB / Downloads: 20)
[-] The following 1 user Likes inkleind's post:
  • Ideas
(02-25-2018, 06:19 PM)inkleind Wrote: It's been a bomber month! Got some sweet SL coupons and knocked out
Intro to Sociology
Intro to World Religions
American Government
and then I finished the Modern States A&I and clep'd out of that with a score of 68.

Working on Principles of Management and Marketing on Modern States now with the hope of clep'ing this week or early next week.

I think my year at TESU is about to come up, I need to register for a TECEP... anyone have any recommendations? I still need most of the AOS and quite a few gen ed electives as well as... well it's probably easier if I just attach the spreadsheet.... 

I would LOVE if someone could take a look at it and give some feedback. I am totally open to taking any classes to fill what I need, the blue ones are the finished ones, everything else is totally up in the air and I'll take quick/easy/cheap options and ideas for the rest.
Thanks!

I thought the Applied Liberal Arts Math TECEP was by far the easiest TECEP I did (or really, anything).  Next, Tech Writing was easy.

Also, you need a speech course, and the Technical Comm TECEP will work for that.
TESU BSBA/HR 2018 - WVNCC BOG AAS 2017 - GGU Cert in Mgmt 2000
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA
Oooooh Technical COMP TECEP, eh? That sounds like it fits my bucket. I could do the presentations easily enough, I'm a full-time professional development trainer for groups of 5 to 400, but I don't really feel like taking that class through SL or Study. I bet the TECEP will be a bit more challenging!

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Degree Plan Advice dm.hans32 9 585 Yesterday, 07:06 AM
Last Post: dm.hans32
  Degree planning help - UMPI BBA vs PUG BSBA crowbird 58 1,899 Yesterday, 12:31 AM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  SNHU BS Data Analytics course plan, advice? sole13 8 200 04-17-2024, 02:03 PM
Last Post: sole13
  TESU or somewhere else for IT/CS related degree? tdat314 6 193 04-17-2024, 01:34 PM
Last Post: rachel83az
  LUO or TESU for BSBA kimberlyagapril 5 185 04-16-2024, 01:06 PM
Last Post: jg_nuy
  Tips on how I can best plan my future Mems88 4 523 04-16-2024, 07:20 AM
Last Post: Mems88
  Teaching plan? Piwi737 9 350 04-07-2024, 10:32 PM
  Review my plan for UMPI Psychology Major & Educational Studies Minor - Please :) RachelB 11 1,069 04-07-2024, 04:10 PM
Last Post: RachelB
  TESU - BA CS + BS CIS ahmedeo0510@gmail.com 12 382 04-03-2024, 12:34 PM
  Need some advice on my plan jobojoe285 3 212 03-29-2024, 09:16 PM