Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Instant Cert Spanish 1
I just completed the final exam via the proctor service. It was an overall easy course for me to take as I have many years of taking basic Spanish classes (Still not fluent by any means). However I did find that some of the vocabulary/ grammar "quizzes" expected you to have some previous knowledge of the language. But that wasn't an issue because you are able to retake the quizzes. On some the questions I had technical issues where I would type the correct answer as many ways as possible and it was still counted as wrong. 

You must have a spanish keyboard installed for typing accents and "ñ". This is the only way your answers will be counted as correct.

Once I was done with the exams, I didn't find anywhere I could review the answers I got wrong or right. 

All in all it a good, fast, and cheap alternative to CLEPs. I will be taking a few more Instant Cert Credit courses.
Was the final exam harder than the quizzes?

(07-27-2020, 02:44 AM)acmh1211 Wrote: I just completed the final exam via the proctor service. It was an overall easy course for me to take as I have many years of taking basic Spanish classes (Still not fluent by any means). However I did find that some of the vocabulary/ grammar "quizzes" expected you to have some previous knowledge of the language. But that wasn't an issue because you are able to retake the quizzes. On some the questions I had technical issues where I would type the correct answer as many ways as possible and it was still counted as wrong. 

You must have a spanish keyboard installed for typing accents and "ñ". This is the only way your answers will be counted as correct.

Once I was done with the exams, I didn't find anywhere I could review the answers I got wrong or right. 

All in all it a good, fast, and cheap alternative to CLEPs. I will be taking a few more Instant Cert Credit courses.

Thank you for your feedback and glad you liked our Spanish I course!

We have been gradually fixing the grammar questions that are not accepting the correct answer. If anyone runs into any, please send us an email and I will make sure it gets fixed.

As for typing accents, you do not need to install a Spanish keyboard. The quiz software allows you to hold down a key in order to type that letter with an accent. For example, holding down 'a' will type 'á'. We really need to add a tip somewhere that lets students know about this feature!
--
Steve
Webmaster, InstantCert.com
[-] The following 5 users Like sgloer's post:
  • Abbrooks, acethroughcollege, acmh1211, iggydawn, Muldoon
(07-27-2020, 06:23 PM)Ideas Wrote: Was the final exam harder than the quizzes?

I would say it was easier, for me. This was kind of a refresher for me.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  CLEP Spanish advice? Stanislav 8 573 01-31-2024, 08:52 PM
Last Post: LevelUP
  InstantCertCredit - Spanish - ACE Changes uncoolbilly 45 5,398 07-26-2022, 11:44 AM
Last Post: bjcheung77
Exclamation Bring Back Spanish - at least until the end of 2022 uncoolbilly 8 1,375 07-24-2022, 01:34 PM
Last Post: uncoolbilly
  Other options for Instantcert Spanish? IceSparkle 16 3,243 07-19-2022, 04:37 AM
Last Post: SevenSister
  IC - Spanish CCCC 13 3,093 04-04-2022, 08:00 PM
Last Post: uncapentin
  InstantCert InstantCREDIT Spanish I Course Review OldManOfTheSea 29 7,677 03-01-2022, 11:46 AM
Last Post: uncapentin
  Instant Cert Course Subscription uncoolbilly 3 1,300 02-18-2022, 03:41 PM
  Spanish I on Credly evanmonast 2 1,130 01-31-2022, 02:54 PM
Last Post: evanmonast
  Typing Spanish Accents danyelln 8 1,688 01-12-2022, 03:04 PM
Last Post: rachel83az
  Has anyone taken the Spanish course course? harrit 4 1,383 10-14-2021, 12:54 AM