Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Intro to Ed. Psycho CLEP TEST HELP!
Hello,

I was on the CLEP test registration website and was advised to get the following texts for the Intro to Ed Psych test

Textbooks
Eggen and Kauchak, Educational Psychology: Windows on Classrooms (Pearson/ Merrill/Prentice Hall)
Fetsco and McClure, Educational Psychology: An Integrated Approach to Classroom Decisions (Pearson/Allyn & Bacon)
Jackson and Ormrod, Case Studies: Applying Educational Psychology (Prentice Hall)
Ormrod, Educational Psychology: Developing Learners (Prentice Hall)
Parsons et al., Educational Psychology (Wadsworth/Cengage)
Santrock, Educational Psychology (McGraw-Hill)
Slavin, Educational Psychology: Theory into Practice (Allyn & Bacon)
Snowman and Biehler, Psychology Applied to Teaching (Houghton Mifflin)
Woolfolk, Educational Psychology (Allyn & Bacon)

are these texts really necessary??

are there other resources that can aid me aside from REA and instacert or websites that can supplement reading all those books in preparation??
CLEP does not say that you must get all of those textbooks that are listed for Educational Psych. Did you read the intro paragraph?
"A recent survey conducted by CLEP found that the following textbooks are among those used by college faculty who teach the equivalent course. ... When selecting a textbook, check the table of contents against the Knowledge and Skills Required for this test."

I am sure you will receive responses from other test candidates who will have study resource suggestions.
thank you so much for your reply i really appreciate it, its just that i took the human growth and development test and did not pass by 4 points using the REA and CD rom test - when i got to the CLEP test situation it was nothing like what i studied for, albeit the questions were seemingly easier and more practical i felt REA did not prepare me sufficiently

BGSU_Alum_86 Wrote:CLEP does not say that you must get all of those textbooks that are listed for Educational Psych. Did you read the intro paragraph?
"A recent survey conducted by CLEP found that the following textbooks are among those used by college faculty who teach the equivalent course. ... When selecting a textbook, check the table of contents against the Knowledge and Skills Required for this test."

I am sure you will receive responses from other test candidates who will have study resource suggestions.
For me, a good resource for CLEP exams (specifically textbook recommendations) was the iStudySmart website. Even if you do not want to invest in the actual iStudySmart course for Ed Psych, purchase the textbook they recommend (Psychology for Teaching - Guy LeFrancois). I used the REA guide, textbook, info from Instant Cert's specific feedback, the CLEP 2011 Official Study Guide, and Peterson's tests to prepare for and pass this exam back in 2011.

As an aside, I found Human Growth & Development to be the most difficult of the three CLEP Psych exams...

Good Luck - Smile
"I dwell in Possibility."  Emily Dickinson
2011-12  CLEP
 Int Psych - 75 / H G & D - 69 / Ed Psych - 72 / Am Lit - 80  / A & I Lit - 75 / Eng Lit - 73 2012-13  SL  Eng Comp I - 95.3% P /
Eng Comp II - 97.5% P 2014  EC/UEXCEL  Ab Psych - A / Soc Psych - A / Psych A & A - A  / Gerontology - A / Info Lit - P 2015 BYU Sport Psych - A / DSST Sub Abuse - 470 / Int World Rel - 481 / H T Y H - 465 / Tor College HIS 301 - 81% P 2016 EC LA498 Capstone - A
1991 AA Liberal Arts USNY Regents College
2016 BSLA Magna Cum Laude Excelsior College  - A 5 year journey COMPLETED!

2017-2019 Study.com Certs. - Am Lit/Brit Lit/Shakespeare/Poetry Review Shmoop - Shakespeare's Plays/Shakespeare in Context/Women's Lit
Mbpaes82 Wrote:thank you so much for your reply i really appreciate it, its just that i took the human growth and development test and did not pass by 4 points using the REA and CD rom test - when i got to the CLEP test situation it was nothing like what i studied for, albeit the questions were seemingly easier and more practical i felt REA did not prepare me sufficiently

How is the Human Growth and Development CLEP so much different from Intro to Psych? Is it the volume of knowledge that one must know? I assume that if one knows the Intro to Psych fairly well, than Human Growth and Development doesn't add too much on. Any tips for me?
I took ED. Psychology just 2 weeks before I took Human Growth and development back in 2010. IMHO HG&D has more of what I would call physical Info then Ed.Psy, also HG&D has less if any tie in to educational thinking. I studied for both using CLEP prep or REA books I also used the IC flashcards and Petersons practice test. Remember you need to read each question carefully on these exams, Both DSST and CLEP are very good at asking a question in a way that is convoluted, I have felt lost on some questions until I really concentrated on the wording and what they were really asking. If you rush you might pick the wrong answer because you missed one important word like EXCEPT or BEST.
Linda

Start by doing what is necessary: then do the possible; and suddenly you are doing the impossible  St Francis of Assisi

Now a retired substitute Teacher in NY, & SC

AA Liberal Studies TESC '08
BA in Natural Science/Mathematics TESC Sept '10
AAS Environmental safety and Security Technology TESC  Dec '12
Introduction to Educational Psychology CLEP Study Guide - Free-Clep-Prep.com
BA History 2014 - TESC

The Lord is my shepherd. Psalm 23

"I'm going on an adventure!' ~AUJ
"It is our fight." ~DoS
"I am not alone." ~BotFA
"All we have to decide is what to do with the time that's given to us." ~FotR
"There is still hope." ~TTT
"Courage..." "This day, we fight!" ~RotK

CLEP: A&I Lit 74 ~ Am Lit 73 ~ Eng Lit 72 ~ Humanities 75 ~ College Math 77 ~ Western Civ I 63 ~ Western Civ II 69 ~ Natural Sci 64 ~ US History I 76 ~ US History II 69 ~ Sociology 68 ~ Am Gov 69 ~ Social Sci & Hist 71 ~ College Comp 61 ~ Marketing 70 ~ Management 66 ~ Psychology 67

DSST: Supervision 453 ~ Tech Writing 61 ~ Computing 427 ~ Middle East 65 ~ Soviet Union 65 ~ Vietnam War 74 ~[COLOR="#0099cc"] Civil War 68

[/COLOR]Other: College+ Biblical Social Justice B ~ ECE World Conflicts Since 1900 A

TESC courses: Capstone A ~ Leaders in History A ~ Photography 101 A- ~ Games People Play A ~ International Relations A- ~ Mass Communications I A

$5 off IC - 59690
My hair jewelry business

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Test score rogeryoung 4 238 04-24-2024, 02:10 AM
Last Post: rogeryoung
  Colleges bring back ACT/SAT after finding test-optional policies hurt minorities LevelUP 1 217 03-16-2024, 11:17 PM
Last Post: NotJoeBiden
  Test Specific thread dewisant 7 516 01-30-2024, 04:07 PM
Last Post: dewisant
  Exciting News at ENEB! Introducing test-type exams to fast-track your studie akr680 37 5,849 10-27-2023, 06:53 AM
Last Post: karehiro
  AP, CLEP, IB, vs others - Comparison/Example bjcheung77 0 515 08-11-2023, 12:12 AM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Intro to Criminal Justice & Speech Communication midnite123 11 992 01-04-2023, 12:32 AM
Last Post: karenkresgs
  SANS FOR500 Test and college credit vetvso 5 969 10-30-2022, 07:11 PM
Last Post: vetvso
  AP, CLEP, etc - Credit Banking on Credly bjcheung77 2 1,856 09-02-2022, 12:16 PM
Last Post: vintage_jacket
  combine CLEP & ACTFL? defmo 5 862 08-05-2022, 08:58 PM
Last Post: dfrecore
  English 2 CLEP Jennr2z 6 1,332 05-25-2022, 10:02 AM
Last Post: ss20ts