Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Is it a good idea?
My friend, you rock!  And so do you dfrecore!  TESU is also my suggestion as you can "test out of Arabic and that African language" for your Upper Level Area of Study courses!  That's up to 24 credits right there with two exams for under $250!  Wow! <smacks self for not knowing Arabic or that African Language>.

For Arabic: https://www.actfl.org/center-assessment-...puter-opic
For African Language (if it's listed here): https://www.actfl.org/assessment-researc...erview-opi

I would get your "language" tests and the Pierpont BOG AAS at the same time, unless you want to skip the AAS, it won't matter really.
In Progress: Walden MBA | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: Global Management & Entrepreneurship, ASU (Freebie)

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]
(06-17-2021, 07:32 PM)rachel83az Wrote: BTW, if you are a US citizen or green-card holder, you could get the FREE Pierpont Associate's degree while you finish up your Bachelor's. https://degreeforum.miraheze.org/wiki/Pierpont_C%26TC
Yes I am a US citizen

(06-17-2021, 07:28 PM)dfrecore Wrote:
(06-17-2021, 07:25 PM)jb88 Wrote:
(06-17-2021, 07:13 PM)bjcheung77 Wrote: 1) How long did it take you to complete those Sophia.org courses? How many in total did you finish?
2) Are you looking at cheap, easy, fast, or a combo of them all?  Do you have a budget or tuition assistance?
3) Do you have any certifications?  How long have you been working at your current position?
4) Do know another language? Depending on the language - CLEP or ACTFL for easy credits...
1)  did 30 courses via Sophia in 2 months ,and the 2 math classes ( Algebra, Statistics) in 3 months Angry
2) EASY  ( money is not an issues)
3) no
4) English is my 3rd language ( Arabic, and an African language that is not useful at all)

IMO, if money is not an issue, I'd probably go with TESU; although any of the Big 3 or UMPI are just as good.  TESU just requires the fewest UL credit, which generally are the courses that take the longest amount of time (they and COSC will also transfer in D grades).

If you post all of your Sophia credit, then I will run a couple of scenarios for you to determine which path is the shortest.

EDIT TO ADD: why would you throw away any previous credit you have??  There's no sense doing that, when you can use it.
I was worried about the the failed classes. I thought they might cancel out the passed one. Sad

(06-17-2021, 07:36 PM)bjcheung77 Wrote: My friend, you rock!  And so do you dfrecore!  TESU is also my suggestion as you can "test out of Arabic and that African language" for your Upper Level Area of Study courses!  That's up to 24 credits right there with two exams for under $250!  Wow! <smacks self for not knowing Arabic or that African Language>.

For African Language (if it's listed here): https://www.actfl.org/assessment-researc...erview-opi

I would get your "language" tests and the Pierpont BOG AAS at the same time, unless you want to skip the AAS, it won't matter really.
Wait, are those  tests accredited? And accepted by TESU?
Yes, otherwise I wouldn't be recommending it. I hope that's not a rhetorical question or a trick question, but yes, we recommend that very often to members, it's the cheapest, easiest, and fastest way to earn college credit if you know a second or third language! If you don't do too well on the language tests, it's alright, you can take the TEEX Death Investigation course for upper level credit to offset remaining requirements.

You can review this recent thread: https://www.degreeforum.net/mybb/Thread-...for-French
In Progress: Walden MBA | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: Global Management & Entrepreneurship, ASU (Freebie)

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]
(06-17-2021, 07:52 PM)bjcheung77 Wrote: Yes, otherwise I wouldn't be recommending it.  I hope that's not a rhetorical question or a trick question, but yes, we recommend that very often to members, it's the cheapest, easiest, and fastest way to earn college credit if you know a second or third language!  If you don't do too well on the language tests, it's alright, you can take the TEEX Death Investigation course for upper level credit to offset remaining requirements.

You can review this recent thread: https://www.degreeforum.net/mybb/Thread-...for-French
Very honest question

(06-17-2021, 07:56 PM)jb88 Wrote:
(06-17-2021, 07:52 PM)bjcheung77 Wrote: Yes, otherwise I wouldn't be recommending it.  I hope that's not a rhetorical question or a trick question, but yes, we recommend that very often to members, it's the cheapest, easiest, and fastest way to earn college credit if you know a second or third language!  If you don't do too well on the language tests, it's alright, you can take the TEEX Death Investigation course for upper level credit to offset remaining requirements.

Very honest question
And thank you for your advice

(06-17-2021, 07:36 PM)bjcheung77 Wrote: My friend, you rock!  And so do you dfrecore!  TESU is also my suggestion as you can "test out of Arabic and that African language" for your Upper Level Area of Study courses!  That's up to 24 credits right there with two exams for under $250!  Wow! <smacks self for not knowing Arabic or that African Language>.

24 credits for the 2 languages?
And yes my African language is there in the list(somali)
(06-17-2021, 07:37 PM)jb88 Wrote:

[quote pid='339539' dateline='1623976614']
My friend, you rock!  And so do you dfrecore!  TESU is also my suggestion as you can "test out of Arabic and that African language" for your Upper Level Area of Study courses!  That's up to 24 credits right there with two exams for under $250!  Wow! <smacks self for not knowing Arabic or that African Language>.

[/quote]

These exams are ACE-recommended for credit - the only issue is going to be making sure that your language is covered.  You can go to the ACE National Guide and check to make sure that your language is listed.  But I'll list everything here for you.

At TESU for sure, the 4 exams (OPI or OPIc, WPT, RPT, and LPT) do not overlap.

OPIc (oral via computer-program) - The languages include: Arabic, English, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Mandarin, Pashto, Persian-Farsi, Portuguese, Russian, Spanish, and Vietnamese
$108, up to 12cr (6UL and 6LL) depending on score

OPI (oral to a live person) - The languages include: Afrikaans, Akan-Twi, Albanian, Amharic, Arabic, Armenian, Azerbaijani, Baluchi, Bengali, Bosnian, Bulgarian, Burmese, Cambodian, Cantonese, Cebuano, Chavacano, Czech, Dari, Dutch, English, French, Ga, Georgian, German, Greek, (Modern), Gujarati, Haitian Creole, Hausa, Hebrew, Hiligaynon, Hindi, Hmong-Mong, Hungarian, Igbo, Ilocano, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Javanese, Kashmiri, Kazakh, Kikongo-Kongo, Korean, Krio, Kurdish, Lao, Malay, Malayalam, Mandarin, Mandingo-Bambara, Nepali, Pashto, Persian-Farsi, Polish, Portuguese, Punjabi, Romanian, Russian, Serbian/Croatian, Sindhi, Sinhalese, Slovak, Somali, Spanish, Swahili, Swedish, Tagalog, Tajik, Tamil, Tausug, Telugu, Thai, Tigrinya, Turkish, Turkmen, Uighur, Urdu, Uzbek, Vietnamese, Wolof, Wu and Yoruba
$165, up to 12cr (6UL and 6LL) depending on score

LPT (listening) - The languages include: English, French, German, Italian, Portuguese, Russian and Spanish
$51, up to 6cr LL depending on score

RPT (reading) - The languages include: English, French, German, Italian, Portuguese, Russian and Spanish

WPT (written) - The languages include: Albanian, Arabic, Chinese-Cantonese, Chinese-Mandarin, English, French, German, Greek (Modern), Haitian Creole, Hebrew, Hindi, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Persian-Farsi, Polish, Portuguese, Russian, Serbian-Croatian, Spanish, Turkish, Urdu, and Vietnamese

You sign up here to schedule & take your exams: https://www.languagetesting.com/certifications-tests

**NOTE - do not take both the OPI and OPIc, as those duplicate each other

You did not list which Sophia courses you took - if you tell us what you did NOT take, that would probably be easier.
TESU BSBA/HR 2018 - WVNCC BOG AAS 2017 - GGU Cert in Mgmt 2000
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA
(06-17-2021, 08:04 PM)dfrecore Wrote:
(06-17-2021, 07:37 PM)jb88 Wrote:

[quote pid='339539' dateline='1623976614']

These exams are ACE-recommended for credit - the only issue is going to be making sure that your language is covered.  You can go to the ACE National Guide and check to make sure that your language is listed.  But I'll list everything here for you.

At TESU for sure, the 4 exams (OPI or OPIc, WPT, RPT, and LPT) do not overlap.

OPIc (oral via computer-program) - The languages include: Arabic, English, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Mandarin, Pashto, Persian-Farsi, Portuguese, Russian, Spanish, and Vietnamese

OPI (oral to a live person) - The languages include: Afrikaans, Akan-Twi, Albanian, Amharic, Arabic, Armenian, Azerbaijani, Baluchi, Bengali, Bosnian, Bulgarian, Burmese, Cambodian, Cantonese, Cebuano, Chavacano, Czech, Dari, Dutch, English, French, Ga, Georgian, German, Greek, (Modern), Gujarati, Haitian Creole, Hausa, Hebrew, Hiligaynon, Hindi, Hmong-Mong, Hungarian, Igbo, Ilocano, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Javanese, Kashmiri, Kazakh, Kikongo-Kongo, Korean, Krio, Kurdish, Lao, Malay, Malayalam, Mandarin, Mandingo-Bambara, Nepali, Pashto, Persian-Farsi, Polish, Portuguese, Punjabi, Romanian, Russian, Serbian/Croatian, Sindhi, Sinhalese, Slovak, Somali, Spanish, Swahili, Swedish, Tagalog, Tajik, Tamil, Tausug, Telugu, Thai, Tigrinya, Turkish, Turkmen, Uighur, Urdu, Uzbek, Vietnamese, Wolof, Wu and Yoruba
$165, up to 12cr (6UL and 6LL) depending on score

LPT (listening) - The languages include: English, French, German, Italian, Portuguese, Russian and Spanish

RPT (reading) - The languages include: English, French, German, Italian, Portuguese, Russian and Spanish

WPT (written) - The languages include: Albanian, Arabic, Chinese-Cantonese, Chinese-Mandarin, English, French, German, Greek (Modern), Haitian Creole, Hebrew, Hindi, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Persian-Farsi, Polish, Portuguese, Russian, Serbian-Croatian, Spanish, Turkish, Urdu, and Vietnamese

You sign up here to schedule & take your exams: https://www.languagetesting.com/certifications-tests

**NOTE - do not take both the OPI and OPIc, as those duplicate each other

You did not list which Sophia courses you took - if you tell us what you did NOT take, that would probably be easier.
[/quote]
Wow learning something new every time I visit this site. I really appreciate everything

I took evy Sophia course except college readiness, and every course that has the word foundation ( on the advice of this forum) and I left the 2 history courses out

I also have several aviation certificates , but I will not go for the the aviation degree.
I called TESU and they informed me that I needed Physics 1 and 2 besides a higher level math course ( NO THANKS , I almost quit Algebra)
So for TESU, I show that you are SO close to being done - you're at 95cr, with 27cr needed to finish.  You also need to bring in 24cr of RA, you only have 15cr (10cr of the ones you did would be considered developmental so you can't count them).

Remaining needed at TESU:
CIVIC ENGAGEMENT
15cr of UL
1cr of Free Electives

I'm going to suggest the following, to get you what you need:

ONU YourWay (self-paced) - $150/course
Take any 3 of the following:
PSY223: American Government
THE 310 - Christianity and Culture
HIS 379 - Latin American History and Politics
ENG 300 - Thematic Studies in Literature
THE 300 - Faith and Contemporary Issues

You can then get whatever else you need via ICC (for American Govt), or Study.com (for UL).

Some may suggest that you do the TESU FT Flat-Rate tuition, but the problem with that is, you can't take the Capstone until you have most of your UL credits - and those are the ones you need.  So it doesn't really make sense to do it, because by the time you take your UL, you'll be through with the degree and won't need more RA credits.  So in this instance, it's just not a great option for you I don't think.
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA
(06-17-2021, 08:58 PM)dfrecore Wrote: So for TESU, I show that you are SO close to being done - you're at 95cr, with 27cr needed to finish.  You also need to bring in 24cr of RA, you only have 15cr (10cr of the ones you did would be considered developmental so you can't count them).

Remaining needed at TESU:
CIVIC ENGAGEMENT
15cr of UL
1cr of Free Electives

I'm going to suggest the following, to get you what you need:

ONU YourWay (self-paced) - $150/course
Take any 3 of the following:
PSY223: American Government
THE 310 - Christianity and Culture
HIS 379 - Latin American History and Politics
ENG 300 - Thematic Studies in Literature
THE 300 - Faith and Contemporary Issues

You can then get whatever else you need via ICC (for American Govt), or Study.com (for UL).

Some may suggest that you do the TESU FT Flat-Rate tuition, but the problem with that is, you can't take the Capstone until you have most of your UL credits - and those are the ones you need.  So it doesn't really make sense to do it, because by the time you take your UL, you'll be through with the degree and won't need more RA credits.  So in this instance, it's just not a great option for you I don't think.
I appreciate your help
For EC, you need 31cr, all of them UL, none of them RA, so they're a good option as well. You can get all the UL from Study.com.

6 UL courses from the Liberal Arts
2 UL from Free Electives
The UL Cornerstone
The UL Capstone

Here's what you'd have to take at Study.com:
BUS 318: Management Ethics
BUS 313: Organizational Communication
ENGL 305: Advanced Technical Writing
BUS 307: Leadership and Organizational Behavior
PSY 311: Physiological Psychology
PSY 316: Advanced Social Psychology
and then any 2 UL courses that don't overlap (so Business or Computers)

I think this will probably be your faster option, and EC is cheaper than TESU by $1,354. So that's a win-win there. You can enroll, take the Info Lit and Cornerstone courses while you're taking your remaining UL courses, and then take your capstone.

You can also take UExcel Exams for UL, but honestly unless there's one that sticks out to you as easy, they're going to be more expensive than Study.com. But it's up to you how you want to get those UL credits.
I'm still not sold on the idea of taking a bunch of ePacks versus just taking the regular classes at TESU.  You almost can't fail a regular class at TESU because most of them you can average an F on the papers can still pass the course.  The ePacks are an all-or-nothing test with a strict 70% passing score.

And there are no time savings by taking ePacks.  The only exception is if you already know the material and the ePack course basically mirrors a TECEP exam which you can score 80%+ on the practice test with zero studying.
Degrees: BA Computer Science, BS Business Administration with a concentration in CIS, AS Natural Science & Math, TESU. 4.0 GPA 2022.
Course Experience:  CLEP, Instantcert, Sophia.org, Study.com, Straighterline.com, Onlinedegree.org, Saylor.org, Csmlearn.com, and TEL Learning.
Certifications: W3Schools PHP, Google IT Support, Google Digital Marketing, Google Project Management

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  New idea for cheap RA credits? FrHaseKopf 15 2,091 05-10-2022, 11:10 AM
Last Post: ss20ts
  IDEA has lost its two founders, who began in remote South Texas in 2000 bjcheung77 1 629 01-17-2022, 10:10 PM
Last Post: Johann
  Is it a good idea to step into cybersecurity domain after graduting from management? rishu 7 1,088 01-06-2022, 12:10 AM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Good book for English componsition 1 / 2? SweetsugarNL 11 1,319 08-04-2020, 04:38 PM
Last Post: cecilgambe7
  IDEA brought to you by the USDOE bjcheung77 2 880 07-20-2020, 09:29 AM
Last Post: monchevy
  Transferring the good with the bad credits jpotter702 5 1,217 02-07-2020, 02:21 PM
Last Post: Leedeedee
Big Grin Congrats to all 2019 Graduates and Good Luck to all of us class of 2020 Mitmike2019 1 920 01-02-2020, 11:58 AM
Last Post: BrighterFuture88
  Another good one for Texas residents darthweezy 2 1,178 09-26-2019, 07:45 PM
Last Post: darthweezy
  Good News For DSST Test Takers natshar 8 2,044 06-15-2019, 08:18 AM
Last Post: sanantone
  This is good or bad? dewisant 2 853 05-02-2019, 03:38 PM
Last Post: cookderosa