Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Is it a good idea?
(06-18-2021, 05:20 PM)LevelUP Wrote: I'm still not sold on the idea of taking a bunch of ePacks versus just taking the regular classes at TESU.  You almost can't fail a regular class at TESU because most of them you can average an F on the papers can still pass the course.  The ePacks are an all-or-nothing test with a strict 70% passing score.

And there are no time savings by taking ePacks.  The only exception is if you already know the material and the ePack course basically mirrors a TECEP exam which you can score 80%+ on the practice test with zero studying.

This is a good point. I knew that the cornerstone is almost impossible to fail but I didn't realize that most other classes are also like this. A grade of C in a class or two would certainly be better than an F because you failed the ePack exam.
In progress:
TESU - BA Computer Science; BSBA CIS; ASNSM Math & CS; ASBA

Completed:
Pierpont - AAS BOG
Sophia (so many), The Institutes (old), Study.com (5 courses)
ASU: Human Origins, Astronomy, Intro Health & Wellness, Western Civilization, Computer Appls & Info Technology, Intro Programming
Strayer: CIS175, CIS111, WRK100, MAT210
Interesting to say the least - yes -; it all "depends" on the student learning through that particular class or taking an e-pack... if you know the course material well but don't like writing, then the e-pack may be easier/faster for you. Having said that, if you don't know the course well and love writing, then taking the class may be a better option.
In Progress: Walden MBA | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: Global Management & Entrepreneurship, ASU (Freebie)

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]
(06-18-2021, 05:20 PM)LevelUP Wrote: I'm still not sold on the idea of taking a bunch of ePacks versus just taking the regular classes at TESU.  You almost can't fail a regular class at TESU because most of them you can average an F on the papers can still pass the course.  The ePacks are an all-or-nothing test with a strict 70% passing score.

And there are no time savings by taking ePacks.  The only exception is if you already know the material and the ePack course basically mirrors a TECEP exam which you can score 80%+ on the practice test with zero studying.

The main issue I think is time: we're generally suggesting to someone that they take 18 or 21cr in a single term.  I personally could not handle that type of load for 3 months.  And I certainly don't want to consider getting a shitty GPA at TESU, I couldn't afford that (mine was already low from previous years, so I needed those high grades to balance it out).

So this is a way for someone to take way more of a course load than they could normally handle, with a way to mitigate both the load (no papers to write) and the GPA (no grades for the e-Pack courses).

For someone who is a good test-taker, this is a viable option for sure.
TESU BSBA/HR 2018 - WVNCC BOG AAS 2017 - GGU Cert in Mgmt 2000
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  New idea for cheap RA credits? FrHaseKopf 15 2,070 05-10-2022, 11:10 AM
Last Post: ss20ts
  IDEA has lost its two founders, who began in remote South Texas in 2000 bjcheung77 1 617 01-17-2022, 10:10 PM
Last Post: Johann
  Is it a good idea to step into cybersecurity domain after graduting from management? rishu 7 1,081 01-06-2022, 12:10 AM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Good book for English componsition 1 / 2? SweetsugarNL 11 1,308 08-04-2020, 04:38 PM
Last Post: cecilgambe7
  IDEA brought to you by the USDOE bjcheung77 2 876 07-20-2020, 09:29 AM
Last Post: monchevy
  Transferring the good with the bad credits jpotter702 5 1,210 02-07-2020, 02:21 PM
Last Post: Leedeedee
Big Grin Congrats to all 2019 Graduates and Good Luck to all of us class of 2020 Mitmike2019 1 912 01-02-2020, 11:58 AM
Last Post: BrighterFuture88
  Another good one for Texas residents darthweezy 2 1,169 09-26-2019, 07:45 PM
Last Post: darthweezy
  Good News For DSST Test Takers natshar 8 2,035 06-15-2019, 08:18 AM
Last Post: sanantone
  This is good or bad? dewisant 2 845 05-02-2019, 03:38 PM
Last Post: cookderosa