Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Is patten difficult?
Very cool KayV!

My daughter and I will have that with Thomas Edison Smile
PhD, Leadership, University of the Cumberlands - What Have I Done!!?!!
MBA, Healthcare Management, Western Governors University - in progress
MS, Management and Leadership, Western Governors University - 2017
BS, Business Administration, Thomas Edison State University - 2016

RANSOMSOUL: Exchange Good For Great

The Ultimate Route to Earning a Bachelor's Degree in Business: A StraighterLine Success Story
creditmonsoon Wrote:I dont mind a challenge, but I have a fulltime job + 2 kids. Do you think I can find time to get their mba program done in one term? I am looking at the mba with focus on IT because IT is the future.

I am going to be graduating tesc with a bsba general management.

It will start with saying the program is very manageable.

I hate to diminished my own degree, but having graduated from Patten University here is what I will say. There are some instructor/professors there that truly care about the education being offered to students. Unfortunately this is not the norm. I found a lot of inconsistency in their evaluation system, instructor qualifications for the masters level, and care of students in general. It was very obvious that I was the first student to complete the MBA in IT so hopefully they will fix the issues I experienced.

The main issue that I had was many of their projects I did not receive the feedback I wanted for areas I lost points. In a masters program I expect that I would receive feedback to ensure my concept comprehension. This was not the case many times. When it came to evaluations, some courses had exams that if you read the course material, you would have no problem. Other courses seemed like they had someone from a different country write it and then used a language converter without reading the questions and answer choices to make sure they still made sense.

If you are interested in the MBA I would ask that you reach out to Peter Francis at pfrancis@patten.edu (he is by far the best professor there and truly cares about students). Tell him what you goals in the education are and see what program will work for you.

Now that I am complete, my next step is PMP Certification, PMI-ACP, and CompTIA Security+

Hope this help!
Degrees:
Associate: Pikes Peak Community College - Associate of General Studies 2012
Bachelors: Thomas Edison State College - BSBA (General Management) 2013 ~ Arnold Fletcher Award Recipient
Link to Degree Plan
MBA: Patten University - Master of Business Administration - Information Technology 2017

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Is it difficult to apply for nau's MCIT(competency-based)? qiaoyiren 3 1,055 03-24-2021, 04:04 AM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  MBA - WGU vs. JFK (Patten) sanantone 7 1,891 09-22-2019, 06:17 PM
Last Post: sanantone
  Masters Help Patten Replacement armstrongsubero 12 2,618 06-05-2019, 02:16 PM
Last Post: Ideas
  Patten University Closing chorizo 9 5,837 07-25-2018, 02:32 PM
  Patten University MBA Finishers? RANSOMSOUL 20 7,903 07-03-2018, 11:41 AM
Last Post: jsd
  Patten MBA Review study0019 12 4,016 05-05-2018, 09:13 PM
  Patten MBA germ 7 2,145 02-21-2018, 06:57 AM
  Transferring Credits from Patten University Andrew670 5 2,734 12-11-2017, 03:08 AM
Last Post: RANSOMSOUL
  WGU MS in Accounting or Patten MBA in Finance? xbrad2 4 1,607 10-25-2016, 11:09 PM
Last Post: xbrad2
  Patten MBA Feedback Andrew670 36 6,271 07-14-2016, 11:11 PM