Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
JTP’s COSC Cyber Security Update/Accountability Thread
Wow, that is a LOT of hard work! And good for you for advocating for yourself (and future students) about the Capstone.
BA, MA, EdS, MMT, etc.
83 hours of ACE-worthy credits
Thanks KayV

It's actually been a much more interesting course since we've made some changes. Initially it was basically just duplicating documents or small projects from the other courses in the program.

Now I've done a bunch of research, reached out to some people in the workforce for information, and even had lunch with a guy to go over a process I was interested in learning more about...Don't get me wrong it still feels like work, but I at least feel like I'm getting something from it now.
MS CSIA From WGU - December 2018
B.S. Cybersecurity - COSC - August 2016
A.S. - COSC - May 2015
I submitted the first draft of my capstone project so we will see how that goes.

I also got confirmation my portfolio was sent to the assessor and they should get started on it this weekend.

I paid for an instacert subscription and started hitting the study material for Substance Abuse and Business ethics hard. Tuesday and Thursday are my test dates this week. I'm starting to get anxious this close to the finish line, and really stressing myself out:willynilly:. I dont have any immediate opportunities or life circumstances riding on the degree...I just really want it for myself.
A.S. - COSC - May 2015
Good luck. What will you do with your free time when it is all over?
Andy

---------------------------------

TESC - BSBA: CIS

Current Degree Plan
Complete:  TECEP Eng Comp I, Marriage and Family, Strategic Management, Networking, Computer Concepts, Liberal Math, Tech Writing, Managerial Accounting DSST MIS, Cybersecurity Study.com Macroeconomics
Remaining:  Waiting for credits to process

ajs1976 Wrote:Good luck. What will you do with your free time when it is all over?

No idea. Probably learn Python and possibly study Calculus to attempt the clep. Python would be for personal interest, and calculus would just be to have that potential requirement completed for grad programs.

Mostly I'll just relax in the evenings with the family.
A.S. - COSC - May 2015
Due to some scheduling issues at work I had to cancel my Thursday DSST and got permission from the testing center to take both today...but had to agree that I would still only get the 2 hour time limit and if I wasn't finished I would willingly stop the exam.

It wasn't pretty but I passed both exams and knocked out those missing UL credits for my degree. :hurray:
A.S. - COSC - May 2015
BONUS! I got an email this evening my portfolio was approved. cheersmate

Last item is finishing these last two weeks of capstone.
A.S. - COSC - May 2015
JTP Wrote:BONUS! I got an email this evening my portfolio was approved. cheersmate

Last item is finishing these last two weeks of capstone.

cheersmate Woo hoo! That end is so close... you are steps in reach of that finish line!
I hope you do well in your capstone course to bring in the bacon (parchment).
In Progress: Walden MBA | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: Global Management & Entrepreneurship, ASU (Freebie)

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]
Feedback on my first draft came in with minimal changes needed. I'll have everything updated and resubmitted by tomorrow afternoon.
A.S. - COSC - May 2015
Final grade for project came in late last night, and course grade was posted early this morning ('A' for both :roflolSmile

Now I'm just waiting on a response from the school to see if I can graduate at the end of the month instead of December 31st.

And as soon as my degree audit gets updated with everything complete I will print off two copies, one for my mom, and one for my boss...Both will be very happy to see it.
A.S. - COSC - May 2015

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  BALS COSC vs TESU AJ_Atlanta 7 4,011 09-22-2018, 11:22 PM
Last Post: dfrecore
  Charter Oak (COSC) maximum credits from one source nosey561 1 1,697 08-30-2018, 10:39 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  COSC 2nd Degree Plan mb232627 5 2,339 08-24-2018, 12:55 AM
Last Post: mb232627
  COSC AA Help CGaboury 9 3,064 08-03-2018, 05:43 PM
Last Post: Tedium
  Wait, TESU or COSC? I need to commit NOW. Help! kietro 7 2,452 08-03-2018, 11:40 AM
Last Post: kietro
  COSC Individualised Studies Question Tedium 12 2,826 08-01-2018, 07:06 AM
  COSC BSBA (General Business) -- Check please??? stampbuyme 5 1,837 07-26-2018, 03:20 PM
Last Post: topdog98
  Replacing LL with UL duplicate course question (COSC) ReyMysterioso 6 2,032 07-07-2018, 10:58 AM
Last Post: topdog98
  COSC transfer question Paramedic12 8 1,983 06-29-2018, 08:45 AM
  Degree Plan Help - COSC vs TESU regovista 22 4,494 06-27-2018, 05:42 PM
Last Post: davewill