Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Forum Friend Requests
dfrecore Wrote:Well, this is a first for me.

I have a person who has sent me a friend request. I've never gotten one on here. I rejected it, but now they're sending me another one. Can anyone tell me if they are "friends" with other people on this forum, and what exactly that means? I can't quite figure out what will happen if I say yes, or if I should just PM them and tell them to stop friend requesting me. They're not a "friend" in any sense of the word, so it's kind of weird.

I've accepted two requests, basically skipped the rest, from what I recall, there may not be any benefit.
The main addition is that, i get to see the "posts" of the friends in your profile/My Activity/Friends menu.
In Progress: Walden MBA | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: Global Management & Entrepreneurship, ASU (Freebie)

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]
bjcheung77 Wrote:I've accepted two requests, basically skipped the rest, from what I recall, there may not be any benefit.
The main addition is that, i get to see the "posts" of the friends in your profile/My Activity/Friends menu.

I then *had* to go see who they were hilarious
BA.SS: TESU '17
AA.LS, with Honors: CC '16
CHW Certification: CC '15
ΦΘΚ, Alumna Member

"It does not matter how slowly you go as long as you do not stop."― Confucius

B&M University: '92-'95
CC: '95-'16
CLEP: A&I Lit; '08
DSST: HTYH; '08
FEMA: unusable at TESU
IIA: Ethics & CPCU; '15
Kaplan: PLA course; '14,
NFA: 2 CR; '15
SOPHIA: Intro Soc; '15
Straighterline: US History II, Intro Religion, Bus. Ethics, Prin. Mgmt, Cult. Anthro, Org Behavior, American Gov't, Bus. Comm; '15
Study.com: Social Psych, Hist of Vietnam, Abnorm Psych, Research Methods in Psych, Classroom Mgmt, Ed Psych; '16
TECEP: Psych of Women, Tech Writing, Med Term, Nutrition, Eng Comp I; '16
TESU: BA.SS Capstone course; '16

Ended with a total of 170 undergrad credits (plus lots of CEUs). My "I'm finally done" thread
sanantone Wrote:It's the same as friending, following, or connecting with someone on other social media platforms. I've accepted several friend requests. Other than being able to easily find someone to send a PM, I don't see the advantage of being friends with someone on a forum. I would just be nice and accept the friend request. That person probably thinks you're a jerk now. hilarious

They might think I'm a jerk - but since I don't know who they are, I think I can live with that. It's just a random person, I haven't given them a degree plan or anything, I can't see that I did anything special like reply on a post and tell them to PM me or anything. And I allow anyone to PM me, and respond to everyone, so it just seemed weird.
TESU BSBA/HR 2018 - WVNCC BOG AAS 2017 - GGU Cert in Mgmt 2000
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA
dfrecore Wrote:They might think I'm a jerk - but since I don't know who they are, I think I can live with that. It's just a random person, I haven't given them a degree plan or anything, I can't see that I did anything special like reply on a post and tell them to PM me or anything. And I allow anyone to PM me, and respond to everyone, so it just seemed weird.

From my experience, new members often send friend requests when they find your posts helpful.
Graduate of Not VUL or ENEB
MS, MSS and Graduate Cert
AAS, AS, BA, and BS
CLEP
Intro Psych 70, US His I 64, Intro Soc 63, Intro Edu Psych 70, A&I Lit 64, Bio 68, Prin Man 69, Prin Mar 68
DSST
Life Dev Psych 62, Fund Coun 68, Intro Comp 469, Intro Astr 56, Env & Hum 70, HTYH 456, MIS 451, Prin Sup 453, HRM 62, Bus Eth 458
ALEKS
Int Alg, Coll Alg
TEEX
4 credits
TECEP
Fed Inc Tax, Sci of Nutr, Micro, Strat Man, Med Term, Pub Relations
CSU
Sys Analysis & Design, Programming, Cyber
SL
Intro to Comm, Microbio, Acc I
Uexcel
A&P
Davar
Macro, Intro to Fin, Man Acc
jsd Wrote:So THAT's why you never respond to me :p

not at all! If that's true, it's completely an oversight.
Nope, just a joke Smile I don't feel ignored Wink

But at least I know for *sure* I'm not, now :p
Northwestern California University School of Law
JD Law, 2027 (in progress, currently 2L)

Georgia Tech
MS Cybersecurity (Policy), 2021

Thomas Edison State University
BA Computer Science, 2023
BA Psychology, 2016
AS Business Administration, 2023
Certificate in Operations Management, 2023
Certificate in Computer Information Systems, 2023

Western Governors University
BS IT Security, 2018

Chaffey College
AA Sociology, 2015

Accumulated Credit: Undergrad: 258.50 | Graduate: 32

View all of my credit on my Omni Transcript!
Visit the DegreeForum Community Wiki!
[Image: oHfk11w.jpg]
Wink
Great, I can finally say all of those mean things I wanted to say about you, without you knowing! :p
Northwestern California University School of Law
JD Law, 2027 (in progress, currently 2L)

Georgia Tech
MS Cybersecurity (Policy), 2021

Thomas Edison State University
BA Computer Science, 2023
BA Psychology, 2016
AS Business Administration, 2023
Certificate in Operations Management, 2023
Certificate in Computer Information Systems, 2023

Western Governors University
BS IT Security, 2018

Chaffey College
AA Sociology, 2015

Accumulated Credit: Undergrad: 258.50 | Graduate: 32

View all of my credit on my Omni Transcript!
Visit the DegreeForum Community Wiki!
I use the ignore quite a bit on other boards I'm active on, but I've never had to ignore anyone on this board. It's one of the best behaved boards I've ever participated on.
NanoDegree: Intro to Self-Driving Cars (2019)
Coursera: Stanford Machine Learning (2019)
TESU: BA in Comp Sci (2016)
TECEP:Env Ethics (2015); TESU PLA:Software Eng, Computer Arch, C++, Advanced C++, Data Struct (2015); TESU Courses:Capstone, Database Mngmnt Sys, Op Sys, Artificial Intel, Discrete Math, Intro to Portfolio Dev, Intro PLA (2014-16); DSST:Anthro, Pers Fin, Astronomy (2014); CLEP:Intro to Soc (2014); Saylor.org:Intro to Computers (2014); CC: 69 units (1980-88)

PLA Tips Thread - TESU: What is in a Portfolio?

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Signature in the Forum hsufeng 7 910 04-23-2024, 04:03 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  I missed this forum 2L8 1 1,054 03-07-2024, 08:09 AM
Last Post: Charles Fout
  Can we disable necroposting on this forum? udi 19 2,673 04-12-2019, 07:13 AM
Last Post: topdog98
  Why do you not post on the other forum? sanantone 41 9,641 12-26-2017, 09:35 PM
Last Post: decimon
  New Forum Software Installed / 3 Weeks Data Lost sgloer 46 11,499 08-15-2017, 10:33 PM
Last Post: davewill
  update forum software to vbulletin v4.2.1 BrandeX 0 1,614 05-09-2017, 09:02 PM
Last Post: BrandeX
  Link to Degree Forum Wiki jmeitrem 5 3,063 05-03-2017, 10:31 AM
Last Post: zapproximator
  Degreeinfo - Is the sister forum down for good? bjcheung77 10 6,050 09-15-2016, 11:31 PM
Last Post: cookderosa
  What's more telling? School or Degree Program....From the other forum rebel100 7 1,709 03-02-2016, 01:30 PM
Last Post: rebel100
  You know what this forum needs? cookderosa 15 2,525 08-23-2015, 10:36 AM
Last Post: Exfactor