Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Keep getting logged out while writing a post!
Several times I've been typing up a post or a response, and when I hit submit I'm told I'm logged out. When I go back the Title field retains the text but the WYSIWYG editor treats all of my beautiful Nobel-worthy prose like German tanks did Poland.

What is the session timeout set to here? It seems to be much lower than the old version. It's VERY frustrating to lose work. It just happened to me again, which prompted this post. Note that it was maybe 10 minutes or so from the time I hit reply to the time I hit submit, and I was logged out and lost it all.

Now I'm going to copy this into Notepad "just in case" before I submit it...
Community-Supported Wiki(link approved by forum admin)

Complete: TESU BA Computer Science
2011-2013 completed all BSBA CIS requirements except 4 gen eds.
2013 switched major to CS, then took a couple years off suddenly.
2015-2017 finished the CS.

CCAF: AAS Comp Sci
CLEP (10): A&I Lit, College Composition Modular, College Math, Financial Accounting, Marketing, Management, Microecon, Sociology, Psychology, Info Systems
DSST (4): Public Speaking, Business Ethics, Finance, MIS

ALEKS (3): College Algebra, Trig, Stats
UMUC (3): Comparative programming languages, Signal & Image Processing, Analysis of Algorithms
TESU (11): English Comp, Business Law, Macroecon, Managerial Accounting, Strategic Mgmt (BSBA Capstone), C++, Data Structures, Calc I/II, Discrete Math, BA Capstone

Warning: BA Capstone is a thesis, mine was 72 pages about a cryptography topic

Wife pursuing Public Admin cert via CSU.
yeah, its acting kinda wacky tonight
MBA, Western Governors University February 2014
BS Charter Oak State College November 2011
AS in EMS August 2010

I'm always happy to complete the free application waiver for those applying to WGU (I get a free gift from WGU for this).  Just PM me your first/last name and a valid email so I can complete their form.

Thread; COSC AS using FEMA http://www.degreeforum.net/excelsior-tho...total.html
Not just tonight, quite a while, probably since the upgrade. I just let it go until now.

BTW it just happened again, second time I typed up a post... :mad:

Thankfully, Notepad exists.

CLEP (10): A&I Lit, College Composition Modular, College Math, Financial Accounting, Marketing, Management, Microecon, Sociology, Psychology, Info Systems

UMUC (3): Comparative programming languages, Signal & Image Processing, Analysis of Algorithms
TESU (11): English Comp, Business Law, Macroecon, Managerial Accounting, Strategic Mgmt (BSBA Capstone), C++, Data Structures, Calc I/II, Discrete Math, BA Capstone

I still miss the old site, getting used to the new one....but doesn't really "feel" right.
MBA, Western Governors University February 2014
BS Charter Oak State College November 2011
AS in EMS August 2010

I'm always happy to complete the free application waiver for those applying to WGU (I get a free gift from WGU for this).  Just PM me your first/last name and a valid email so I can complete their form.

Thread; COSC AS using FEMA http://www.degreeforum.net/excelsior-tho...total.html
I have had this happen several times to my posts recently too. It is very frustrating and has actually made me give up and I usually don't bother to re-post. I agree, that I still don't like the new format. I think it just makes it look and feel too much like all the other forums around. I think it lost its user friendly feel and look! I also find the search feature doesn't work as well either making it hard to find information.
Completed 2/09 - 5/13

RHIA Post-Bac Cert - Stephens - 5/13
MHA - Bellevue Univ - 3/12
BSHS - Excelsior 12/10
BSLS - Excelsior 3/10
ASLS - Excelsior 4/09

ECE - A&P - B
ECE - Found. of Gerontology - B
ECE - Ethics: Theory & Practice - B
ECE - Psych. of Adulthood & Aging - A
ECE - Social Psych. - B
ECE - Abnormal Psych. - B
ECE - HR Management - B
ECE - Research Methods of Psych. - B
ECE - Pathophysiology - A

CLEP - American Govt - 58
CLEP - Intro. to Sociology - 63
CLEP - A & I Lit - 70
DSST - Fund. of Counseling - A (65)
DSST - Org. Behavior - A (67)
DSST - Environment & Humanity - A (62)
DSST - Found. of Education - A (64)
DSST - Here's to Your Health - 461 (Pass)
DSST - Substance Abuse - 460 (Pass)
DSST - Principles of Supervision - A (61)
DSST - Lifespan Developmental Psych - A (59)
DSST - Criminal Justice - 443 (Pass)
DSST - MIS - 415 (Pass)
UExcel - Intro. to Psych (Beta)- Pass
ALEKS - College Alg, Stats
Straighterline - Medical Term, Pharmacology I & II
FEMA - PDS + more
Agree- I've just been copying my posts then re-logging in and pasting the post back in, but why?
I find myself kicked out, however, when I log back in from the kicking-out page, then I find myself back at the posting page and my copy is still there.
My question is: I see the yellow Auto-Save message pop up, but I can't figure out how to access the Auto-Save document. Sometimes I'll hit the wrong key and my copy disappears. Where is Auto-Save being saved?
marianne202 Wrote:I have had this happen several times to my posts recently too. It is very frustrating and has actually made me give up and I usually don't bother to re-post. I agree, that I still don't like the new format. I think it just makes it look and feel too much like all the other forums around. I think it lost its user friendly feel and look! I also find the search feature doesn't work as well either making it hard to find information.

It took a while to figure it out, but here is the search I like, which is close to the previous version.

"Advanced Search"

Choose Tab: "Search Single Content Type"

Choose either: "Search Entire Posts" or "Search Titles Only"

fill-in User Name, which is great if you know who wrote the post you are searching for

"Show Results as Posts"

I hope this helps you get better results!

---------

On the other issue, I am sure the webmaster can adjust this for us.

I hit "Preview Post" a lot to stay active, and I select and copy my writing to the clipboard to make sure I do not lose it.
AS in 2010 and BS in 2013 at Excelsior College - Transcripts and Costs
MS Biostatistics in 2019 at Texas A&M University - Graduate School

Sharing Credit-by-Exam*
Resources Used - 20+ Exams Passed & General GRE
Practice Tests - Available for CLEP and DSST

* Link posted with permission from forum admin; thank you!
NAP, I hope that I remember this post the next time that I have to search. It seems to me that this search isn't as easy as with the previous format.

Also, does anyone have any tips for saving posts that might prove helpful in the future? I'll read something, and think it's great and that I'll use it in the future,and then I totally forget it. I suppose I could cut and paste it in a helpul hints Word document.
TESU BSBA - GM, September 2015

"Never give up on a dream just because of the time it will take to accomplish it. The time will pass anyway." -- Earl Nightingale, radio personality and motivational speaker
Ctrl-D, "Page Bookmarked" :roflol:

Seriously, you can create a folder in your bookmarks/favorites and save it there. Or you can do it through thread subscriptions. You can create a custom folder in your subscription area and save subscriptions to it.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Post formatting settings ? Chimera 2 349 03-19-2024, 12:00 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Rytr AI Writing Tool: Lifetime Subscription akr680 5 1,555 09-05-2021, 11:08 PM
Last Post: ashkir
  For Sale: Post Graduate University bjcheung77 5 1,100 05-30-2021, 07:39 PM
Last Post: Alpha
  Pretentious Post-Nominal Letters jamshid666 5 2,651 09-25-2019, 06:16 PM
Last Post: cookderosa
  US Masters CBE While Traveling Abroad[Long Post] yb1 7 2,674 01-09-2018, 01:45 PM
Last Post: burbuja0512
  Why do you not post on the other forum? sanantone 41 9,517 12-26-2017, 09:35 PM
Last Post: decimon
  Unable to see recent posts on my own thread when logged in Thorne 15 5,137 10-24-2017, 03:43 PM
Last Post: sgloer
  Looking for resources for writing yb1 16 3,031 11-14-2016, 09:40 AM
Last Post: cookderosa
  Post-Retirement IT Job Advice? (BEWARE: Crazy Question) LaterBloomer 12 2,645 08-08-2016, 10:50 AM
Last Post: LaterBloomer
  My third ALL DONE post. soliloquy 19 3,243 05-17-2016, 12:51 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77